• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Thunderclap

Perfect Cube has only been shown to work against physical attacks, not telekinesis.

@Reppuzan doesnt it negate magic too? iirc it did negate it when they tried to save the king.

@PaChi

Not to my knowledge. No one used their magic against and only used brute force against it. As shown by Threader and King.

However, it hasn't shown the ability to cancel powers that can interact with what's inside, like Telekinesis.

@PaChi2

When Fraudrin was about to blow himself up, Merlin said that they're perfectly safe in the perfect cube. And when they tried to get into the room where the king was, it reflected back Gilthunder's electricity powers. So yeah.

Technically Perfect Cube does not block and reflect everything. We know for a fact that light and sound pass through it just fine, it means that if someone were to use a sharingan or lelouch's geass or hypnotic voice or even a simple laser, the physics point out that it will work. In this particular fight however, it's safe to assume that Perfect cube is perfectly capable of blocking most of Tatsumaki's attacks. Based on this info you may come to a conclusion like "then Merlin stomps", well no, not exactly, since perfect cube is not a passive skill. You have to remember that the huge tier gap and speed gap points to a one-shot in favor of sassy lost child, and i'm pretty confident that this would be the case since Tatsumaki constantly blitzes and one-shots enemies far stronger and faster than Merlin (although not as hax).

And also someone said that Merlin can still fight back after Tatsumaki's crushed/twisted/pulled her apart, Merlin's profile only said that she can transfer her soul in the event of incapacitation NOT death. So yeah.

In reality, we still don't know of Merlin's full abilities - we saw that she is someone the 10Cs are very afraid, and we don't know exactly why. So she could have even more hax, but what I'm still gonna bang on about is, according to the wiki, "the spell surrounds a specified area and reflects all attacks, whether strong or weak, back at the opponent."

Btw, I don't think Merlin can actually die for that matter. I mean if her time is frozen, that means that no matter what happens, her current state will be the same as it was 3000 years ago or whenever she did it. I mean, her body can be petrified, but that's physical disabling. Dying would imply that the soul left the body and it won't come back, while that's exactly what she can avoid with soul transfer.

ThunderClap448 said:
In reality, we still don't know of Merlin's full abilities - we saw that she is someone the 10Cs are very afraid, and we don't know exactly why. So she could have even more hax, but what I'm still gonna bang on about is, according to the wiki, "the spell surrounds a specified area and reflects all attacks, whether strong or weak, back at the opponent."
Btw, I don't think Merlin can actually die for that matter. I mean if her time is frozen, that means that no matter what happens, her current state will be the same as it was 3000 years ago or whenever she did it. I mean, her body can be petrified, but that's physical disabling. Dying would imply that the soul left the body and it won't come back, while that's exactly what she can avoid with soul transfer.

1st paragraph 1st sentence: That's called hype, we don't use hype because we can't quantify hype, and honestly the same could be said for the other and more. 2nd sentence 1st part: speculations. 2nd part: about the perfect cube, we're actually on the same page here, that's what i've been saying all this time. Entire 2nd paragraph: Wow, so apparently Merlin is unkillable and undefeatable, why debate then? (it's a joke btw).

To be honest I see it like this, both can beat the other but the other has better chances:

Scenario 1-6 Merlin makes a move first. 1.) Merlin uses Perfect cube, M wins. 2.) Merlin uses timestop, M wins. 3.) Merlin uses Exterminate ray, Tats blocks it and retaliates, T wins. 4.) Merlin uses tp, tats decides not to dodge, she ends up inside a volcano but ends up perfectly fine due to auto shields, this puts merlin at a disadvantage since T is now out of range but M is still within T's range. 5) Merlin uses Endless whirl, T uses TK to reverse it's spin and at the same time she twist M's head 72000 degrees. 6.) Merlin uses the ice sealing magic, she finds out the hard way that T only needs her brain to attack, M gets her head twisted, T breaks the ice as if it were... ice. (conclusion: even if Merlin attacks first if she doesn't use the right spells she loses)

Scenario 7-8 Tats decides to attack first. 7.) Tats twists Merlin's head 7200000 degrees, Merlin can't retaliate cuz Tat's Tk is notorious for being instantaneously fast. 8.) Tats decides to be creative and attacks M with the air pressure from a finger flick, Merlin notices this so she activates Perfect C..... and she's dead, M can't react on time cuz T is just that much faster. (Conlusion: when a faster stronger character attacks a weaker slower character.......you know what comes next)

Scenario 9-10 Both make a move at the same time. 9.) Merlin starts with a TP (her most used spell), Tats starts with a "tornado" (her special move that twists enemy's body parts into a tornado), The TP is effective, after .5 sec, T is TP'd to space, meanwhile Mer turns into a blood mist, while T simply flies back to earth. 10.) Merlin starts with a perfect cube ( another most used spell), Tats start with a simple 720 degree neck twist, Perfect cube activates, Tatsumaki watches from outside the cube as Merlin's limp body falls to the ground, Tat's attack (which can tag even OPM's fastest characters, and is by feats nigh instant) proves to be faster than Merlin's cast time (which is fast on it's own right but has been shown to be dodged and reacted to by characters slower than Tats herself).(conclusion: when two characters attack at the same time, the faster one has the advantage)

I didn't choose the walls of text life, walls of text life chose me.

Not gonna quote because jesus christ, but oh boy.

Anyways, issue here is she can preemptively deploy a timestop, while it does take time travel from Tats to Merlin (about 0.00008 seconds ye, but still, that's more than instant) at which point it's a stomp. She'd only have the advantage if it was a surprise attack or they were at point-blank range. If they just right now teleported to a battlefield and became aware of the situation after a few seconds, it's a win for Merlin because 1 sec of prep=victory, but if they were instantly bloodlusted, then it's for Tats.

About your scenarios, from bottom. Perfect cube reflects *everything*. We could see that from when Gil tried to enter King's room using his electricity powers that got reflected at him. So it's literally just like a wall you can't get through.

Next, if she TPed her to space, she'd die from radiation, lack of oxygen etc. She is an esper, but she's still human. Unlike Saitama for instance.

Tats is faster, but her attacks aren't. Btw what's with all the twisting?

Lastly, who says that overly proud Tats wouldn't make a mistake, thinking Mer is some small fry like Saitama was. Merlin doesn't have an extremely limited range, while Tats has the range limit on things that are in her field of view. Otherwise Black Sperm or whoever woudln't have blitzed her. Where did you get the info that she only needs her brain? In the anime, she usually follows it up with a movement of her hands or smth.

Again, Merlin can just insta-cast timefreeze and cube and it's GG. If this has to have an outcome, it would be undecided. Too many things to consider. Btw Merlin isn't undefeatable (Galan did it, as a defeat doesn't constitute death, but just becoming unable to fight), but Tats doesn't have anything that can exactly counter her. Mer just has too many BFR powers.

She can create an army of illusions, and which one does Tats target then? And then, Mer has telekinesis as well, can negate magic... besides she casually stomped Grayroad. So basically anyone with extreme physical strength has the upper hand, while magic users get stomped.

Btw idk where the VS Battles wiki got that she has to freeze anyone to use time-stop. She did it vs Vivian where she stopped the giant serpent, and the rest of the battlefield (extent unknown in reality) in an instant. So yeah.

@Thunderclap

Merlin's power isn't Time Manipulation itself, but the ability to manipulate the time of her spells. To quote the lady herself:

"Infinity, that is the power I possess. No matter how powerful the spell is, all I need to do is invoke it just once. And I can keep flames burning, ice frozen, and time stopped for eternity..."

Yes, she can stop time, but she hasn't shown the ability to use such an ability on anyone but herself, otherwise she could have used it on the Commandments rather than sheltering herself in Perfect Cube. In addition, she has to invoke another spell first in order to keep it active for eternity.

The way you describe Tatsumaki makes me think you don't know her character at all. It's amazing how you can say this much while knowing so little. At least read up on their profiles or something just so you have a basic idea. And the fact that you keep pushing that Merlin is faster (instacast, where do you even get this? her speed is instant now? The very process of thinking is not even close to instant speed), tsk, Merlin gets her speed rating from iffy powerscaling, she's faster than Galan here despite Galan easily blitzing her in the manga, on the otherhand Tatsumaki gets her feat from actual calcs (to be honest if this wiki would use her fastest feat, tagging a meteor, she'd be subrelativistic, but we don't so rn Massively Hypersonic +). The VS battles wiki itself states that Tats is stronger and Faster, if you still wanna argue with that then I guess you're a badass. Since you don't know i'll just give these as bonus:

Tats has auto-sheilds. Active even when she's unconcious (this paricular shield in this particular state has large Island dura). By feats her shield has more dura than PC (it doesn't reflect dmg like PC thoguh).This is the reason why space wouldn't kill her, pressure, heat, radiation, would easily be blocked.

Unlike the other Psychics in OPM Tatsumaki prefers to use TK directly on her opponents. She can pull, twist, crush them as she likes, easily. No strain on her. She once did this to an enemy that powered up 1 trillion times and instantly killed it, after that she killed 10,000 more enemies (10,000 dragon lvl enemy each one capable of stomping Genos).

Her sheer power is insane, we all know the terror of Saitama's shockwaves but Tatsumaki is also up there. After discovering that Saitama is Extremely resistant to Tk she decides to just control the air and use it to push Saitama. An unlucky Dragon Level Monster happened to be on their way and got killed as a collateral damage of Tatsumaki's attacks.

Tats has a sixth sense (not passive). She once located an enemy 1.5km underground. When she destroyed the entire battlefield in one major fight she purposefully buried all other heroes underground (leaving some space), and placed all enemies on the surface, suggesting that she has a general perception of her surroundings. She once sensed King and a civilian without even seeing them.

Reppuzan said:
@Thunderclap
Merlin's power isn't Time Manipulation itself, but the ability to manipulate the time of her spells. To quote the lady herself:

"Infinity, that is the power I possess. No matter how powerful the spell is, all I need to do is invoke it just once. And I can keep flames burning, ice frozen, and time stopped for eternity..."

Yes, she can stop time, but she hasn't shown the ability to use such an ability on anyone but herself, otherwise she could have used it on the Commandments rather than sheltering herself in Perfect Cube. In addition, she has to invoke another spell first in order to keep it active for eternity.
I said this a few time already, in the anime, when she fights Vivian, Vivian was bouncing everywhere in the universe, and at one point, when Merlin gets serious, you can see that she stopped time on those serpents that were about to eat Vivian alive.

I never said anything about Merlin being faster, I'm just saying that she can cast spells whenever she needs to. Reaction vs travel speed is different m8. Anyways, speed aside.

Tatsumaki doesn't have passive shield. She got blitzed by golden sperm and got fukken rekt. She still needs oxygen tho, so that's why she'd die.

She didn't push Saitama, she barely made his muscle flinch a little bit. And just like Meliodas, and pretty much everyone in that universe, Merlin has *something* like a 6th sense too - she can feel presence of powerful beings.

Btw, the 1 trillion times thing, WoG tells us that she could've killed Black Sperm at her full power, but NOT easily. I mean BS is a very high Dragon level threat, but he blitzed her by, "appeared to simply be walking by". So she's not end all be all kind of character. Aaaanyways, I still see this as a stalemate.

^ too many wrongs. You have to be careful cause only votes with valid points would be counted."vivian bouncing everywhere in the Universe", IIrc Merlin only has a few kilometers of cast range, true she could send someone within probably a country's range, but she can't target someone more than a few km away. About the speed, it's true, I was just stressing the point that in the case these two decides to attack at the same time, tat's attack would happen first, also claiming that Merlin has instant cast speed, really needs to be backed up.

Tatsumaki does have a passive shield (you couldn't find a single time where her shield is down, I dare you), its active even when she's knocked unconcious, and the black sperm example, Tats did manage to erect her shield in time, she even managed to continue fighting right after that (she didn't get rekt). Again, you seem to not know what your talking about. "she needs oxygen", Her shield is spherical, won't it act like a scuba mask?

"She didn't push Saitama", she flicked him, she pushed him, she shot him straight through a monster, she dragged his face through the pavement, seriously there's an entire chapter dedicated to this, again, you need to read up. The sixth sense thing I just brought up to argue that Tats wouldn't be deceived by illusion, also she could just kill the illusion army together with the real one.

Wog tells us that Tats could beat the TEN trillio version, ONE trillio version she one shotted, get your facts straight buddy.

By universe I meant the nnt verse but that's not even important, Merlin stopped time. Other info is not needed. And Merlin can teleport for several hundreds of kilometers (or more) because she teleported from the king's room to the other kingdom whatever its name is.

The oxygen thing, if it literally didn't let oxygen pass, it wouldn't let light or sound pass either. And those are types of energy, so it's kinda weird. Anyways, AGAIN this is contrieved as balls. I call undecided. If you want to continue the arguement, sure, go ahead, but I'll be busy for the next few weeks 'cause stuff.

If Tatsumaki is ~2x faster and can fell Merlin in one or two strikes, her versatility won't matter much. Voting Tatsumaki.

According to my vote count, it was 4-3 in favor of Merlin, now it's 4-4 with my vote.

Tatsumaki's power output: 952 Gigatons

Merlin's Durability: In the 100 Gigaton range if not lower.

My vote still stands.

Also you should keep track of the votes in the original post, it's easier that way.

Will do. But just for keeping track of at what point we reached that level of votes:

Tats: 4

Merlin: 5

Merlin can create forcefields tho - perfect cube should've tanked something that would've wiped out the entire kingdom (when Fraudrin wanted to self-destruct). If this doesn't go to Merlin, it just turns into a battle of attrition rather than a test of any relevant skill. Definitely Merlin.

ThunderClap448 said:
Merlin can create forcefields tho - perfect cube should've tanked something that would've wiped out the entire kingdom (when Fraudrin wanted to self-destruct). If this doesn't go to Merlin, it just turns into a battle of attrition rather than a test of any relevant skill. Definitely Merlin.
Kingdom is island lvl. Tatsumaki's large island+

Yeah cause Britain, Greenland and Australia are the size of your average island.

That was sarcasm btw. I think I have to point that out.

Don't worry tho, I'm not being condescending. (That means when you talk down to someone.)

Anyways, Greenland is larger than 95% of the countries in the world, and it's still an island. So yeah. Point not proven. Try again.

Yeah because Britain is totally the same size as Greenland and Australia.

That was sarcasm by the way. I think I have to point that out.

Don't worry tho, I'm not being condescending. (That means when you talk down to someone.)

Anyway, Britain is about the same size as most other islands in the world. If you think Merlin's durability is wrong, make a content revision thread. And besides, Perfect Cube has never been shown to be able to stop TK, as was mentioned above. Try again.

)

@Laciel

Great Britain is the 9th largest island excluding continental landmasses. It isn't about the same size as most other islands, it's several times larger.

Not that it matters though since nobody ever destroyed the entire of Britain in NNT anyway.

HalfAsianFan said:
@Laciel
Great Britain is the 9th largest island excluding continental landmasses. It isn't about the same size as most other islands, it's several times larger.
This. Tho we don't have an idea on how much of the kingdom would be destroyed if he did go full-extremist or whatever.

But PC would've been able to tank smth pretty powerful right near the blast epicenter (or whatever you call it). I'm still voting for Merlin. The only legit advantage that Tats would have is speed. Tho we don't know exactly how fast Merlin is, but alrighty.

The only legit advantage that Tats would have is speed.
You sure about this? At least try to analyze this properly.

Bleuburd said:
The only legit advantage that Tats would have is speed.
You sure about this? At least try to analyze this properly.
By legit advantage i mean something that we can easily quanitfy. Rest is just buggery that we have no idea how it would work, just because it's in different verses.

sigh. I give up. No wonder you think Merlin wins, you probably think Tats is just someone who has the ability to lift things with her mind. If you would just read their profiles, it's there, it's quantified. Merlin is fighting someone who could kill her in 1 hit and is way faster, it's that simple.

Bleuburd said:
sigh. I give up. No wonder you think Merlin wins, you probably think Tats is just someone who has the ability to lift things with her mind. If you would just read their profiles, it's there, it's quantified. Merlin is fighting someone who could kill her in 1 hit and is way faster, it's that simple.
Yeah, I haven't read all the OPM chapters at all, /s.

Merlin took out far more powerful opponents than Merlin herself is. So yeah.

Back