• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mercer's and Heller's Techniques + Super Soldiers and Infected Scalings + Possible upgrades..

So as of recently I've been wanting to add a bit more to the Prototype page by making a bunch more profiles for the page on each respectable Enemy type or unique characters within the actual game.

Before I can do that I would like talk about both of Alex's and Heller's more canonically questioning powers. More specifically the DLC powers you get for Prototype 2,

For example, is it possible to apply things like:

-Medusa's Wrath (Death Beams)

-Air Time (Flight)

-Anti Gravity field (The name says it all)

-Schockwave (Makes it so that every time either Alex or Heller jump or move with exerted effort thay cause a tremoundous shockwave that convers entire streets even takes objects like trucks and APCs into the air with them)

Also Greene's mother form. Is it possible for Alex to be capable of utilising this form since he consumed her. Cause I think it is.

Also, even though the game doesn't exactly provide any sort of context for Alex's armor other than reducing all damage taken to a very small fraction, I believe that the armor has some layer of invunereability behind it. Cause I remember that in an interview Dennis Detwiller he said that Alex's armor can deflect tank rounds. Along with the originial concept for Co-Op being that Alex can split himself in half and basically make another copy of himself.

I'd also like to talk about how far can the infected scale against both Alex and Heller

Because in the begining of the game a Hunter was comparable to Alex in pure physical stats until he consumed it. And he began taking large ammounts of them from there.

And Elizabeth Greene. We know that she was much stronger than early game Alex to the point where she nearly one shot him with a backhand. Later she's capable of outmaneuvering him in midair and then it's required for her to use the full extent of her abilities along with her infected army to take down Alex Mercer.

Basically speaking, I want to talk about each of the infected's feat and abilities and how far can we scale them to other infected and the likes of Mercer and Heller. And also more abilities that may not have been uncovored yet..

I am not informed about the series, but think that you can mention the DLC powers.

@Antvasima

The Prototype wiki says Mercer was and I quote "after being inhibited and slowed down by more than 10Gs of gravitational force he then walked away from it as if the force never existed" so does this count as an upgrade?

Well, it depends on if 10x human level strength is an upgrade.

Times square is a major commercial intersection and neighborhood in Midtown Manhattan right and since this is in new york it's larger than 750 feet/228.6 meters or a Large City Block thus landing him at around Mid-High MCB

And he destroyed this in a single attack?

Plus what I actually meant was if his strength, speed and dc were multiplied by 10 (kinda like Samus when she's using the speed booster on Zebes) if that's possible

Okay. I suppose that an extra statistics key might be an idea then. How did his upgrade happen?

the 10 times gravity thing isn't in the comics at all (even though the wiki claimed it was) but there are some feats in the Prototype and Prototype 2 comics (bullet timing i both series of comics,enhanced hearing from hearing two guys deep in the woods , sneaking up on the same two guys before they could react, doing the same thing but on a larger scale by getting to a warehouse before a guy right after a helicopter exploded ). So is that enough?

Note: Prototype and Prototype 2 comics take place before and during the games but we can have an extra statistics key for P2 comics Mercer

Well, I am not sure what your linked feats would scale as, in terms of statistics.

Can you explain further how it was proven that he can blow up several city blocks worth of area?

The Critical Pain can take away chunks of health from the supreme hunter and and deals little Greenes Mother form though damage can be boosted through musclemass

Half of the DLC powers doesn't make sense for Alex and James. Shockwave and flight seems likely though. And no the Critical Pain doesn't get boosted by musclemass I'm afraid to say. But then again MCB Alex Mercer is very likely anyway.

I've never played Prototype, but from what I've seen of it, the DLC powers are just for the player to wreak havoc and make no sense in the context of the story itself. I disagree on that end.

enhanced hearing can be added, as for the speed feats can someone send them or tell me how to the calc team I dont know how to do it myself

@Antvasima

If I remember correctly, the Super Soldiers, particularly the Orion units, were explicitly modified to be able to go toe-to-toe with Mercer and Heller in hand-to-hand combat. So they should scale physically and they do fight in a canon boss fight in the latter case.

Reppuzan said:
@Antvasima
If I remember correctly, the Super Soldiers, particularly the Orion units, were explicitly modified to be able to go toe-to-toe with Mercer and Heller in hand-to-hand combat. So they should scale physically and they do fight in a canon boss fight in the latter case.
True they were made to physically match Mercer and Heller and all the other infected but they were unfortunately not on Alex's or Heller's paygrade even when they were deployed.

When Alex encountered his first Super Soldier he was inside a military base with Blackwatch personell all over the place while being intoxicated by Bloodtox. He didn't beat not just one, not two, not three. and certainly not four but six Super Soldiers on that single ocassion. T

Heller, beated about the same number of Super soldiers as well when he sabotaged the Orion facility, and later beated the superior version of said Orion Soldiers.

The Super Soldiers are confirmed to be capable of taking out Hunters and Brawlers, but struggle when it comes to the higher tiers like Leader Hunters, Juggernauts, Hydras, Goliaths and Evolved and they get easily turned into fodders after a certain period of time.

The only enemy in the games in which Alex or Heller have trully shown struggle or were matched were:

For Alex it was the Leader Hunter. It happened to be just as fast as he was and just as strong and durable before he consumed one.

For Heller it seemed to be just Evolved and on one occasion a Goliath. Before he consumed most of them.

@Antvasima

I'll admit that I'm no expert on the game but I read the Prototype wiki frequently out of interest a while back.

That said, Multi-City Block level for the above seems reasonable, but on Mercer's profile it should be noted that he was only able to do this with a Devastator attack (which is not casual for him).

Okay. I trust your judgement regarding the issues.

@Badlander

On second thought, have any of the above canonically tanked a Devastator from Heller or Mercer? If not, they might not get the Multi-City Block level rating.

Reppuzan said:
@Badlander
On second thought, have any of the above canonically tanked a Devastator from Heller or Mercer? If not, they might not get the Multi-City Block level rating.
I don't think so

I wouldn't agree with upgrading them to Multi-City Block level then, since it doesn't make sense to scale them to Devastators if they haven't actually tanked them. The only ones I'd think I'd make an exception for are the Ultimate Hunter, Elizabeth Greene, the Evolved, and the Goliaths.

As for their City level rating, do they have anything else that could back such a rating?

Reppuzan said:
I wouldn't agree with upgrading them to Multi-City Block level then, since it doesn't make sense to scale them to Devastators if they haven't actually tanked them. The only ones I'd think I'd make an exception for are the Ultimate Hunter, Elizabeth Greene, the Evolved, and the Goliaths.
As for their City level rating, do they have anything else that could back such a rating?
Other than Heller wiping out most of the infected within the Red Zone and Alex surviving a 75 or probably more kiloton nuke?

Badlander4 said:
and doesn't consuming bypass conventional durability because it's assimilating cells
Also sorry for double posting. But this was sort of needed to be elaborated.

In a way yes, consuming does bypass durability depending on subject. Mercer showed that unlike in the game would have you believe he can consume a person by simply touching them. And in the end of P2 he consumed 6 Evolved without having to wear them down.

Even prior to this Alex tried to consume Heller the same way without even beating him to a bloody pulp but due to his DNA (PIS) he fought it back.

To a certain degree it does bypass conventional durability but stronger things require a bit more effort. He could always just flood the system with biomass and suck it back in along with whoever has it.

Back