• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mercer Frey vs Morgana Le Fay (The Sorcerer's Apprentice) (1 VOTE LEFT)

All this talk about soul trap doesn’t matter, Mercer literally never uses it. Don’t even know why it’s on the profile. Though in the card game (which we use for the Giant’s tier) soul trap can work on living beings. I believe it also works on living beings in Online.

Though I don’t know why Morgana is 9-A to begin with, fire balls wider than apartment buildings barely make 9-A so I have no clue how one as small as hers is anything above 9-B.

Mercer usually goes for invisibility straight off the gate. He doesn’t use any other hax, he just stabs you. So can Morgana see invisible people? If she can’t Mercer just walks up and stabs her, if she can she nukes him with spells before he could ever get close.

All this talk about soul trap doesn’t matter, Mercer literally never uses it. Don’t even know why it’s on the profile. Though in the card game (which we use for the Giant’s tier) soul trap can work on living beings. I believe it also works on living beings in Online.
I think the card game is obvious game mechanics, since in that same game a skeever with enough iron daggers can kill god-tier characters. I believe we only use the art and statements. Could I have a scan for Online?
He doesn’t use any other hax, he just stabs you.
This is false. Mercer also leads with mind-control at the start of the fight on the other two in the room with you.

I think the card game is obvious game mechanics, since in that same game a skeever with enough iron daggers can kill god-tier characters. I believe we only use the art and statements. Could I have a scan for Online?

This is false. Mercer also leads with mind-control at the start of the fight on the other two in the room with you.
Yes, statements and the art, and as far as I remember I saw once a soul trap used on the living on one of the cards art

Yes, statements and the art, and as far as I remember I saw once a soul trap used on the living on one of the cards art
I can't even find a soul trap card. The only close thing I found was this, which affirms it's only useful after death.
C9lGuw0.png

The one I remembered was soul tear. Yeah that’s probably a different spell then soul trap, so yeah soul trap is non combat applicable

The one I remembered was soul tear. Yeah that’s probably a different spell then soul trap, so yeah soul trap is non combat applicable
Soul Tear is a dragon shout. Soul Trap is still combat applicable on anyone who resurrects, just not in this matchup. (I think, again nobody knowledgeable on Morgana has really commented.)

No there is a soul tear spell based off the legends card, and I think online has it, let me look up the soul spells in that game.

Well in Online it appears soul trap attacks the opponents soul. So while it doesn’t physically rip it out, and due to a recent revision it wouldn’t instant kill, it will still hurt like a b*tch.

it will still hurt like a b*tch.
Yes, this is consistent with previous appearances.
It has always been described as painful/unpleasant, just not as deadly as many in this thread have tried to argue.

Well in Online it appears soul trap attacks the opponents soul. So while it doesn’t physically rip it out, and due to a recent revision it wouldn’t instant kill, it will still hurt like a b*tch.
Makes sense considering those that went thro it describe it as extremely painful

Alright, since all avenues have been explored, can we all finally agree that soul trap, while painful, is not a kill move?

I mean it is a kill move, just not an instant kill move. Also getting hit by a suddenly large amount of pain will very likely incapacitate some targets and allow for an easy kill.

I mean it is a kill move, just not an instant kill move. Also getting hit by a suddenly large amount of pain will very likely incapacitate some targets and allow for an easy kill.
Online is the only game where it does damage, but I'm fine with that.
So long as we're not still arguing it instakills people I can live with it doing chip damage.
Using it for pain manipulation is definitely valid.

All that said, I don't recall Mercer using it in-character. Nor can I find a scan proving he knows the spell.

Yeah Mercer definitely doesn’t use it/probably doesn’t even have it. I mentioned that earlier, but I just became curious about the soul stuff because I remembered seeing the legends card a while ago.

Yeah Mercer definitely doesn’t use it/probably doesn’t even have it. I mentioned that earlier, but I just became curious about the soul stuff because I remembered seeing the legends card a while ago.
Yeah, I saw I just didn't want to just dismiss this argument because it'll definitely come up in future threads.

I suppose we should message people frrom the Supporter page.

In the games the mechanics wont allow it cus it would be an instant death spell, never try to correlate game limitations with lore

It works on healthy people, as there are people that describe the feeling on how they felt when their soul was being ripped out

On skyrim u also have a literal mission where u are soul trapped while alive

So yea, soul trap works even on living people

i seriously want you guys to get this thread done. it just really seems to get nowhere

He never uses it, and he definitely can't insta-kill people with it.

Attacking somebody he made to fight for him would make them fight back, so his mind manipulation isn't as useful as one would think, he can't use agent of shadow, and agent of strife doesn't one-shot. And I don't think he ever uses any agent powers besides the mind manipulation one?

The Skeleton Key is useless here.

Morgana can probably just instantly beat him by making a puppet out of him with telekinesis.

I feel like I should just rewatch some of the appertance after work, it shouldn’t take too long to get a refresh on what she does.

yeah but i want to finish this thread

like really badly
I'm sorry, I tried to read their profile but I simply don't know enough about Morgana to help on that end.
Every verse has a supporter page, you should message someone from it.

damn it. there's no one who knows about it.

no knowledgeable verse.

the creators of the page don't have accounts here. (they do but they were last seen on may 2020, they're probably done here)

who the **** can i get help from.

Ok so rewatching the movie Morgana has elemental intangibility and uses it at literally all times. Though in Oblivion and Morrowind you couldn’t hit some enemies due to them being elements but with magic weapons you can hit them. So I think Mercer can still stab her. She wouldn’t know he can though and she likes to stand there and tank attacks with the intangibility so once he gets close he wins. She can’t see through invisibility so Mercer should be able to sneak up on her. She also doesn’t just rag doll with tk, at least not all the time so majority of the times I think Mercer should win.

However after watching the film I don’t think Morgana should be 9-A, there seems to be better feats. Like I think the lightning near the end of the film would get 8-C or above results. And one of the fire feats also looks closer to 8-C then 9-A. I think she is a glass cannon so it probably won’t effect this match, I just wanted to point out that the profiles seem a bit low balled.

Oh if it isn’t clear, even if her ap gets upgraded, I’m still voting Mercer. He’s a giant jobber but this is one of time just stabbing someone while invisible is a super easy win.

No because she can one shot him with her fire (due to heat revisions), and she could win if she just played way smarter. Though it would be ridiculously difficult.

Back