• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mercer Frey vs Morgana Le Fay (The Sorcerer's Apprentice) (1 VOTE LEFT)

Okay, so what prevents Mercer from going all "Evil Containment Wave" on Morgana with Soul Trap, particularly since Morgana has already been trapped in this way with the Grimhold?

BFR is incapacitation. It is a win condition.

And furthermore, they both are listed under dozens of meters with their magic. He is well within range to use his Soul Trap.

If they're bloodlusted, that means they are going to go for their most effective kill option. And considering the intangible nature of Morgana, the easiest thing for Mercer to do is gonna be the Soul Trap.

Soul Trap only activates on death, which is to say, after he's already killed that person in question.
Correct. It is really only useful on people who resurrect.

Mercer's best abilities are probably his Mind Manipulation, Invisibility, and blade enchanted with Life Absorption (As well as a Nightingale power which does the same as the sword.)
The Mind Manipulation is extremely potent, but it comes from a projectile.
His invisibility can only be used for closing the distance, since he loses it upon attacking.

It should be noted that in his 9-A key, Mercer has the Skeleton Key. He doesn't get very far with it in-game because you kill him, but supposedly it can endlessly unlock your own potential, metaphysical barriers, reality itself yada-yada. Most notably, it can basically warp reality by "unlocking an alternate version" of something.

Iirc, you're only supposed to bump every three days.
I'm waiting for people knowledgeable on the other side to give their argument.
AFAIK, the minimum you should bump is 24 hour timeframes, not 3 days.

AFAIK, the minimum you should bump is 24 hour timeframes, not 3 days.
From the Vs Battles Glossary:
  • Bump: If a thread lacks input from the community, you can type “Bump” (short for “Bring Up My Post”) to try and give it more attention. It's probably a good idea to wait a reasonable amount of time in between bumping a thread, say a few days between each bump.

Hm. I usually do a day at minimum, but that's fine, too.

This tends to be one of those flexible rules that is usually fine as long as you don't over-do it. You know, "a reasonable amount of time in between bumping."

Still waiting on the other side... if that doesn't happen by tomorrow, I'll see if I can read Morgana's entire page to get an understanding.

As far as I remember lore wise soul traps works on living people, u dont have to kill them
I'd like a scan. It never worked like that in Morrowind, Oblivion, nor Skyrim.
The one book I found still talks about after-death.
I recall some instances where people say being soul-trapped doesn't feel good (hence they become hostile), but I don't recall it ever actually doing anything significant to healthy people.

I'd like a scan. It never worked like that in Morrowind, Oblivion, nor Skyrim.
The one book I found still talks about after-death.
I recall some instances where people say being soul-trapped doesn't feel good (hence they become hostile), but I don't recall it ever actually doing anything significant to healthy people.
In the games the mechanics wont allow it cus it would be an instant death spell, never try to correlate game limitations with lore

It works on healthy people, as there are people that describe the feeling on how they felt when their soul was being ripped out

On skyrim u also have a literal mission where u are soul trapped while alive

So yea, soul trap works even on living people

On skyrim u also have a literal mission where u are soul trapped while alive
That only has an actual effect on you while in the Soul Cairn...
I already said people described it as unpleasant, but I've not seen any evidence of it doing meaningful harm.

That only has an actual effect on you while in the Soul Cairn...
I already said people described it as unpleasant, but I've not seen any evidence of it doing meaningful harm.
I am not talking about the mission of the soul cairn

The fact that they are down there and dont remember anything after having their soul ripped kinda answers ur question already

What mission are you talking about then?
Azura star quest, on this quest u get ur soul ripped and put inside the star to get rid of malyn

So yea, soul tear works perfectly on people that are alive and well

There is also other images from legends of soul tear being used on living things

Azura star quest, on this quest u get ur soul ripped and put inside the star to get rid of malyn
CMV4RKA.png

They literally specify it's a "special type of soul trap" in that quest. Why would they need to do so if normal soul trap worked on the living in the way you're saying it does? If we were fighting Nelacar here I'd see your point, but Mercer only knows the regular soul trap spell.

I was asked to join this thread, I’m at work right now, but I’m just messaging to say I’ll be here later.

Back