• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meliodas vs Pegasus Seiya

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Cosmos is magic

What? No. Magic is completely different.

Hecate is a witch and her powers are completely different from Cosmos. She even uses things like a magic staff, a cauldron and makes potions.

Last i checked wasn't cosmos, a miniature big bang inside the user or something? It's definitely not magic though.

As for this match up, meliodas gets atomized.

Cosmos is the power of the Big Bang, the energy that created all things and which is in all things.

Inb4, all things in the universe are made from the energy of the Big Bang and so this means that your body is a miniature inner universe. Saints create inner big bangs in their atoms to generate energy and wield it.

Ok, so Cosmos isn't magic even with verse equalisation. But Mel can reflect energy/magic based attacks, even if they are melee. Cosmos still counts I'm pretty sure.

What was Derriere's attack though?

Seiya also wins via Atomization, Reactive Evolution, Precognition, Statistics Amplification via Miracles, and straight up better fighting skill.

@Monarch

Gaining strength with every consecutive punch against the same target until the "combo" is broken.

It's still a magic attack and it's being imbued inside of her.

In addition, as Matt pointed out, Full Counter has only shown to work on magic based abilities. Cosmo is not magic.

Dude, Pegasus Meteor Fist is a series of super-fast energized punches. They only look like energy beams because that's how fast they are. Just like Aiolia's Lightning Plasma is just 100,000,000 to 1,000,000,000 punches but it looks like flashes of light due to afterimages.

Meliodas ain't reflecting attacks which.

1) Aren't Magic

2) Aren't Energy Beams

3) Split their atoms' individual protons, neutrons and electrons

Better fighting skill I take issue with. Mel's been fighting in wars for over 3000 years.

That's just increasing her own strength though. Its not doing anything directly to Mel, hence there is no magical/energy based component he can reflect. Completely different to an attack that destroys Mel's atoms.

It's still energy though. I don't like this idea that cosmos being the "inner big bang" means it's automatically superior and completely different to every other form of energy/magic attack in fiction, which is what it seems to be coming across as.

Seiya outperformed gods older than humanity in combat, my man.

And now you are just misinterpreting what I explained. I'm just pointing out that Cosmos isn't Magic. It isn't Chi either. People who don't know much of Saint Seiya seem to think it's both.

Also, Cosmos has a sort of DETERMINATION / Spiral Power canon mechanic of endless potential tied to the warrior's willpower.

"It's still energy"

Isn't that moving the goalpost? The argument was that it was magic. Now that it was proven to not be magic, you are arguing that it still works.

Seiya for the reasons above. Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken is kinda like Saitama's serious punches, but heavy on the hax. Meliodas isn't reflecting that stuff and even in the offchance he does, Seiya endures his own punches pretty well.

While Meliodas can get easily atomized by whatever Seiya does.

Fighting Skill has nothing to do with Power. 3-A Seiya has the same fighting skills as 6-C Seiya, specially since Saint Seiya has no training timeskips.

Also Seiya has Nullified the Attack Reflection from Poseidon later on in the series just by attacking so hard that it didn't work. Pretty sure that 6-C Seiya could do the same to 6-C Meliodas' Attack Reflection.

I was pointing out that a 3-A god should have been able to kill 6-C seiya by breathing too hard, and thus the idea of him "outperforming them" in combat, even if only in skill, is questionable. And you mean to say that Seiya didn't change at all in skill at any point in time throughout the entire series...?

Just because there's no triaining timeskips doesn't mean the character isn't becoming more skilled simply from fighting experience.

He reflected a guy hitting him with a magical sword attack in the first episode.

Only things he hasn't reflected are the things that are just making the opponent stronger, like Ban or Derriere's abilities.

Seiya should take this, he has those atomic punches that should nulllify Meliodas's Regenerationn, and has his own Regenerationn (Which is superior to Meliodas's).

Plus reactive evolution and stats amp help a lot.

@Monarch

Considering that Seiya has like, 20 fights from Chapter 1 to facing Hades, I really doubt that he would become that much superior in combat. Specially since his strategy doesn't change much.

Seiya is just a prodigy. He's stated as such.

@New ... you didn't read the thread did you? Seiya doesn't have regen in base, and Mel can simply use dark matter to reform destroyed limbs.

He doesn't have resistance to fire / wind / energy / whatever else he's reflected either. Still reflected them. Or cancelled them.

Ok, I'll accept that Seiya is more skilled then. Though correct me if I'm wrong, but is his 'strategy' not just "punch faster"?

Seiya literally needs to hit him with whatever and he gets atomized.

I'd like to point out that Saints have been shown punching massive stuff in whatever place and that stuff gets atomized.

If Seiya hits Melioda's limb, I'm fairly sure the limb isn't being blown off.

Meliodas is going entirely poof.

That's it. One hit.

Seiya also has Regenerationn in Base, just not as good.

Ikki_vs_Hyoga.jpg

Hyoga regenerated from that, having a hole punched in his chest and his heart exposed.

Shiryu lost 90% of his blood, then had the remaining blood in his arteries have their flow reversed, and then lost a ton more blood. He got better.

??? I actually read the whole thing, I think that Matt was refering that Seiya's Regenerationn speed was not so good as his other forms...

Even then, reactive evolution, stats amplification, soul destruction and atomic destruction are still very good reasons

Ok, I'm just going to ask something that has been annoying me for a while then.

Seiya is 6-C for atomising a large crater, correct? That's the feat for justification at least.

But he was using cosmos hax. He didn't use sheer energy output to vapourise it. So why is he rated as 6-C if the attack that gives him that feat was hax not AP?

And if he did use sheer energy output to achieve it, why would a 6-C energy feat automatically vapourise a likely stronger 6-C Meliodas?

First of all it didn't vapourise, it atomically annihilated it.

Secondly, Cosmos splits atoms through energy. Mii in Saintia Sho straight up compares it to Atomic Fission.

However, Atomic-focused attacks always bypass durability to a certain extent, specially since your defenses on an atomic level are going to be shittier than your full-body's defenses.

"Cosmos Hax" is something I never seen anyone use as an explanation for the feat. First time I saw you bringing it up.

I think you're just misinterpreting it.

This thread was just like a Saint Seiya fight. Seiya was getting his ass handed at first, but through sheer force of will he got up and turned the tide of the battle.

Uhh....

I feel if I say yes I'll look like a sore loser.

But Mel can't reflect Seiya's punches, and a single hit will atomise him on contact.

Mel is probably superior in physical stats though, and could potentially block (read "prevent them from hitting him directly") punches with dark matter, so just decisive I would say. Not a stomp

Mel can kill Seiya in a few hits, but Seiya can kill Mel in one

Yeah, it's not like Seiya would stomp Mel with no effort or that Mel has nothing that would hurt Seiya. It's just decisive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back