• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meliodas VS Ji Ning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments so far from those who seem knowledgeable on Ji Ning make it sound like he won't get hit by Meli's attacks, and the crazy ap scaling difference is also iffy. Sure hellblaze is strong, i just don't see Meli tagging Ji with it.
Hellblaze has aoe and Meliodas has darkness pilars and trillion dark. Meliodas has rage amp+true magic and night amp so he can close the gap or near it. Meliodas can seal ji if he needs to or steal his soul.
Meliodas can amp his speed so he can land hits.

Unless rage and such have really good showings, they're not closing a gap where one sword swing kills people who scale significantly above him.

I doubt soul stealing is in character but you're welcome to surprise me with a scan or such.

Heavenly Transformation and Windwing Evasion also amplify speed so it's not too insurmountable. And unless he amps to the point of a blitz, he's not overcoming the skill gap that easily.

Unless rage and such have really good showings, they're not closing a gap where one sword swing kills people who scale significantly above him.

I doubt soul stealing is in character but you're welcome to surprise me with a scan or such.

Heavenly Transformation and Windwing Evasion also amplify speed so it's not too insurmountable. And unless he amps to the point of a blitz, he's not overcoming the skill gap that easily.
Meliodas doesn't have to just spins trillion dark around himself and attacks with hellbaze all the time or FC his attacks between his clones stores up damage for RC if that doesn't work he can seal ji away and that's a win.
Edit Meliodas can also fly and amp his durabilty with darkness

Meliodas doesn't have to just spins trillion dark around himself and attacks with hellbaze all the time or FC his attacks between his clones stores up damage for RC if that doesn't work he can seal ji away and that's a win.
Meliodas has to deactivate his magic for RC.

Also, characters have limited stores of magical power. It's not like he can spam them for hours on end.

How much of this is even in character? I already addressed Hellblaze and I guess the Full Counter would be useful against ranged elemental attacks but some of this doesn't seem likely at all.

Flying is very in character, Trillion Darkness was only done once (twice if you count an illusory world), and he's only used Darkness for protection in his berserk form (but I don't really see it as something out of character, maybe something he just isn't too versatile with) from what I recall.

As for sealing, that was done to preserve Gelda, someone far weaker than him and relatively willing/stationary, from DK's wrath because Zeldris loved her.

Flying is very in character, Trillion Darkness was only done once (twice if you count an illusory world), and he's only used Darkness for protection in his berserk form (but I don't really see it as something out of character, maybe something he just isn't too versatile with) from what I recall.

As for sealing, that was done to preserve Gelda, someone far weaker than him and completely willing, from DK's wrath because Zeldris loved her.
Yeah but if he pushed and revenge counter doesn't work he will seal ji.
How much of this is even in character? I already addressed Hellblaze and I guess the Full Counter would be useful against ranged elemental attacks but some of this doesn't seem likely at all.
here you go
Edit actually use this link for hellblaze see the aoe?

He's never used sealing outside of the Gelda thing. So I doubt it.
So when he is out of options and his last resort won't work he won't resort to sealing? this link shows the aoe of hellblaze
  • Divine 1,000 Slices: A derivative technique of Divine Slayer (the two are written the same in Japanese) Meliodas releases an aura of purgatory fire around his entire body and charges his opponent, quickly slicing them repeatedly.

1,000 slices isn't that overwhelming. Ji Ning's dodged worse danmaku.

He's never used it even as a last resort. He only does it against Gelda, who was willing to be killed and not moving.

I don't see what the AoE of Hellblaze has to do with anything.

He's never used it even as a last resort. He only does it against Gelda, who was willing to be killed and not moving.

I don't see what the AoE of Hellblaze has to do with anything.
I am saying that ji will be hit by hellblaze and it won't be put out by any normal means even in the series only light magic and absolute cancel put out hellblaze.
Edit according to sba Meliodas will use soul steal and sealing as a last resort.

Unless this completely covers him, what stops him from just... cutting of a finger and chucking it away before regenerating from it? Never mind how this is dependent on Mel using a large area attack before Ji Ning either gets up close and personal, traps him in a Waterflame Lotus or hits his soul with the Soulshaker Art.

Unless this completely covers him, what stops him from just... cutting of a finger and chucking it away before regenerating from it? Never mind how this is dependent on Mel using a large area attack before Ji Ning either gets up close and personal, traps him in a Waterflame Lotus or hits his soul with the Soulshaker Art.
It will completely cover him did you not watch the video his hellblaze covered the tallest giant in the verse. Meliodas has trillion dark, hellblaze clones and flight and resistance to soul manipulation and EE so he will be fine.

Yeah, after hearing the arguments, I doubt Meliodas would even be able to tag Ning here. The dude just fodderizes in terms of skill, and should comfortably dodge all of Meliodas' danmaku stuff.

Yeah, after hearing the arguments, I doubt Meliodas would even be able to tag Ning here. The dude just fodderizes in terms of skill, and should comfortably dodge all of Meliodas' danmaku stuff.
Meliodas has aoe attacks that can destory and entire kingdom he covered drole with hellblaze and he was the largest giant in the verse. Revenge counter and etc and can resist ji haxes and protect himself with darkness and trillion dark but I will wait for more input.

Honestly this was a stupid match up. Meliodas has literally no win cons "oh b-but he could use hellblaze", can he though? No he can't. Just close this and don't add it to the profiles.

Honestly this was a stupid match up. Meliodas has literally no win cons "oh b-but he could use hellblaze", can he though? No he can't. Just close this and don't add it to the profiles.
I mean, he can and it seems like it'd do in Ji Ning if he gets covered. It's just unlikely to happen before Ji Ning beats him. Not really a stomp as far as I can tell.

I mean, he can and it seems like it'd do in Ji Ning if he gets covered. It's just unlikely to happen before Ji Ning beats him. Not really a stomp as far as I can tell.
Meli has one wincon so far, which has been agreed upon as a moot point so far, so yeah i'd classify this as a stomp. Atleast from the way Meli has been presented on this thread.

Hmmm, well then let's wait and see what the rest think about it.

This is not a stomp, Mel Just loses
And also Speedster your clear bias for Mel is really annoying in literally all the matches you would argue for Mel but when you see he loses you will say something like change the key, change the character or it is a stomp. Like dude just stop that already

This is not a stomp, Mel Just loses
And also Speedster your clear bias for Mel is really annoying in literally all the matches you would argue for Mel but when you see he loses you will say something like change the key, change the character or it is a stomp. Like dude just stop that already
To each his own in that regard ig.

As for your condemning of Speedster, that isn't necessary here. If you want to squabble then go to him directly rather than diverting from the purpose of this thread here.

Well this match still isn't a stomp Ji Ning wincons are just more likely to happen and meliodas moves are just more unlikely to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back