• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megami Tensei General Discussion Thread

image.png

Well, I'll be busy.

Tested on both Ryujinx and Yuzu, Yuzu had better results. XCI is fine, 30 FPS while in-game... but a few visual glitches makes a few scenes funny, like the intro, where they took the girl's entire face but her teeth and eyes were still floating Ubisoft-style. I converted into NSP (It took 20 minutes, lmao) and got better results, but still having minor visual glitches and the usual FPS drop when in cutscene.

Overhaul: It's playable, I recommend Yuzu with the NSP file.

Is it a mistranslation? Imma need a fact check, and I'm also gonna need Ultima's home address /j
image.png

スティーヴン
それはいつか人間が理を超える可能性を秘めていると感じたからだ
Stephen:
That's because I felt that one day man has the potential to transcend reason
The Kanji SMT4A uses to denote TGR is 大いなる理.
image.png

すべての宇宙を内包せし超越の神・・・
≪大いなる理≫
The transcendent God who encompasses the entire universe... <<The Great Reason>>

The way this mistranslation even happened(I assume) is because the Kanji used is Ri or Li or "理", which denotes logic, arrangement, reason. Another use is neo-confucianism where Li denotes principles of the universe, which stephen earlier said he had to bend, so it likely js talks about the cycle

Primal Satan >>> Matter lucifer confirmed pretty much. So lucifer didnt transcend that high enough after obtaining a single heads knowledge. Nahobino now scales to primal satan tho, so he is around end game 4A main character level.

Primal Satan >>> Matter lucifer confirmed pretty much. So lucifer didnt transcend that high enough after obtaining a single heads knowledge. Nahobino now scales to primal satan tho, so he is around end game 4A main character level.
Matter Lucifer more like Fraudulent Lucifer

Im curious what feats do they have
in terms of story they kill Seth two times (once in the og story line and again in the expansion)
Directly compared to Kazuya/SMT 1 protagonist in strength
Has access to Demon Digitization, an SMT imagine unique mechanic where you can take the aspects of a demon such as their magics and attributes and put it on yourself to make you stronger, like a dragon install.
Wields probably the largest range of weapons.
There’s an entire side quest dedicated to Stephen being trapped in a COMP unit, with you the player being the only one who can save him.
Lots of weapons which are stated to have tons of effects that would give them resistances and powers
Can tame some demons like Metatron
Probably the strongest human you can get without being a messiah as the chaos ending has Lucifer directly call out the imagine protagonist as someone who lacks will and understanding but still managed to shape the world, calling what they are doing pure destruction itself. Even goes as far as to say they are a False Messiah and the Order of Messiah have some dialogue where they go “sometimes gods send messiah’s in times of need and your accolades are similar to one.” But then says it couldn’t possibly be you.

There’s some other more speculative stuff like two characters in the game being the children of Adam and Eve, you fight Demi Fiend, main issue is idk where this game goes in the timeline but it’s part of the SMT 1/2 one.

in terms of story they kill Seth two times (once in the og story line and again in the expansion)
Directly compared to Kazuya/SMT 1 protagonist in strength
Has access to Demon Digitization, an SMT imagine unique mechanic where you can take the aspects of a demon such as their magics and attributes and put it on yourself to make you stronger, like a dragon install.
Wields probably the largest range of weapons.
There’s an entire side quest dedicated to Stephen being trapped in a COMP unit, with you the player being the only one who can save him.
Lots of weapons which are stated to have tons of effects that would give them resistances and powers
Can tame some demons like Metatron
Probably the strongest human you can get without being a messiah as the chaos ending has Lucifer directly call out the imagine protagonist as someone who lacks will and understanding but still managed to shape the world, calling what they are doing pure destruction itself. Even goes as far as to say they are a False Messiah and the Order of Messiah have some dialogue where they go “sometimes gods send messiah’s in times of need and your accolades are similar to one.” But then says it couldn’t possibly be you.

There’s some other more speculative stuff like two characters in the game being the children of Adam and Eve, you fight Demi Fiend, main issue is idk where this game goes in the timeline but it’s part of the SMT 1/2 one.
those dont seem,... that impressive. I mean hax would make sense if the verse wasnt outerversal

Just came back after 10 hours of gaming Vengeance, and so far, it's devious good. I'm so happy that they're giving the human characters more time to shine. I hope they especially give my boy Atsuta more screentime, I really like him.

those dont seem,... that impressive. I mean hax would make sense if the verse wasnt outerversal
I mean yeah thye're not impressive, but I like that they're a "False Messiah" aka just a normal ass human who happens to change the world around them drastically

Last edited:
Back