• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megaman X Command Mission

Hello, i'm not that active member of the Wikia but i look daily Megaman discussions, and i noticed something in Zero page. Command Mission Zero weapons are being used'. So i suggest a Command Mission key to Megaman profiles. "'But why?" Because Command Mission not is canon, some hax like Infinite Resist (Which is Imunnity to Power Nullification), Decoy (Which is Auto-Resurrection) or SFM fragment alpha(Which is Statistics Amplification).

There's no statement that declares Command Mission to be non-canon.

As far as I'm aware, it takes place significantly after Mega Man X8, taking place in 22XX while X8 was in the latter end of 21XX.

Originally Inafune wanted to close the X series at X5 and then Zero series would have started, but the fans wanted more, so Capcom created X-6 (Without asking to Inafune and adding the infamous i hid myself speech from Zero in order to make him still alive) to Command Mission. Inafune had to adjust several things in order to make them cano for Capcom, but he still trusts his original end for the X series. The power of creation implies that he can create things, but not at universe size. Infinite power because he is a robot and in that state he never tires and the 4th Dimension Slow is just the name of an attack, not that is a tier 2 move.

@Dark649

That doesn't rule out X6-X8 (terrible writing in X6 notwithstanding) as non-canon to the X Timeline nor does it do the same for Command Mission.

The Events of Zero are better explained as branching off of the events of X5 as a separate, but canon timeline like the Battle Network timeline.

Of course, that does bring up scaling issues since we scale the Zero and ZX characters to X's X8 feats.

@Reppuzan

That's not my point. In Compendium of Rockman X is said that: X, Zero, Axl, the three protagonists of the Rockman X series appear in the series first RPG, this is Rockman X Command Mission. The Rockman X series origins and exists as an action game series, as an RPG a good fight tempo is considerably characteristic. Besides, the story isn't related with the series even though it is exciting in many Demon scenes. It also contains elements and complete sub-events, precisely for those that wish to play a long time.

@LeSword

Just because it's not a sidescroller doesn't rule it as non-canon. It's simply a different game format.

Otherwise games like Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings would be non-canon to the game immediately preceding it, Final Fantasy XII.

@Reppuzan

You read the bold text? "Besides, the story isn't related with the series even though it is exciting in many Demon scenes." I only sent the whole text to easier location.

This is the original japanese text in Compendium: Òé¿ÒââÒé»Òé╣ÒÇüÒé╝Òâ¡ÒÇüÒéóÒé»Òé╗Òâ½Òü¿ÒÇÇÒÇîÒâ¡ÒââÒé»Òâ×Òâ│XÒÇìÒéÀÒâ¬Òâ╝Òé║Òü«õ©╗õ║║Õ༴╝ôÕÉìÒüîþÖ╗Õá┤ÒüÖÒéïÒéÀÒâ¬Òâ╝Òé║ÕêØÒü«RPGÒÇüÒüØÒéîÒüîÒÇîÒâ¡ÒââÒé»Òâ×Òâ│XÒÇÇÒé│Òâ×Òâ│ÒâëÒâƒÒââÒéÀÒâºÒâ│ÒÇìÒÇéÕàâÒüîÒéóÒé»ÒéÀÒâºÒâ│Òé▓Òâ╝ÒâáÒü«ÒÇÇÒÇîÒâ¡ÒââÒé»Òâ×Òâ│XÒÇìÒéÀÒâ¬Òâ╝Òé║Òü¿ÒüéÒüúÒüªÒÇüRPGÒü¿ÒüùÒüªÒü»ÒüïÒü¬ÒéèÒâåÒâ│ÒâØÒü«ÒéêÒüäµêªÚùÿÒüîþë╣Õ¥┤ÒüáÒÇéÒü¥ÒüƒÒé╣ÒâêÒâ╝Òâ¬Òâ╝Òü»ÒéÀÒâ¬Òâ╝Òé║Òü¿Òü«ÚûóÚÇúµÇºÒü»Òü¬ÒüäÒééÒü«Òü«ÒÇüÕñÜÒüÅÒü«ÒâçÒâóÒéÀÒâ╝Òâ│ÒüºþøøÒéèõ©èÒüîÒéïÒÇéÒéäÒéèÞ¥╝Òü┐Þªüþ┤áÒéäÒéÁÒâûÒéñÒâÖÒâ│ÒâêÒééÕààÕ«ƒÒüºÒÇüÚòÀÒüÅÚüèÒü│ÒüƒÒüäõ║║Òü½ÒâöÒââÒé┐Òâ¬ÒüáÒÇé

@LeSword

Then what do you suppose we do about it? Strike all of the Command Mission elements from the profiles?

Final Strike isn't much of an issue to me, but what about the Hyper Modes?

@Dark649

You're completely ignoring the context of the speeches. What's the point of say "My Infinite Power" when anyone in that place also have Limitless Stamina? What's the point of say "The power of creation" when anyone can create things? In the 4th Dimension Slow, i sad "impliced" because the game don't send the description of the move. In the game we have much more citations of Supra Force Metal power but no contraditions. Great Redips even makes a apparent mini-galaxy with the move "Memento Mori". (I will send the links later).

@LeSword

I can give you a whole list of villains who declare that they have "infinite power" before they get defeated in the end. It can mean a lot of things, but it's usually used to hype up villains before final battles, but very rarely is it actually used in the context that "infinite power" involves.

The power of creation can also mean a lot of things. Many characters refer to Transmutation as the power of creation.

Considering the fact that the attack is just throwing a grenade at someone, I highly doubt it means 4-D in the context of manipulating higher dimensions.

Supra-Force Metal is stated to contain 10,000 times more energy than normal Force Metal. That's a farcry from infinity.

@Reppuzan

Yeah this will be tiring (I can help if you want) but: Add the powers of Weapons, Force Metals and Sub Weapons to the characters (Or at least the exclusive ones like X-Heart or Heat Haze), put "(Command Mission Only)" in Hyper Modes and anything of CM, add the "Command Mission" key.

@Reppuzan

The only one who obtained the full SFM is Redips. The others only obtained a fragment or a piece, that even the party gets. To be true, i don't remember of the Supra Force Metal have only 10,000 times the power of a Force Metal.

@LeSword

Well, considering the fact that I haven't put a lot of Command Mission stuff on the profiles, I could just leave a note in the descriptions that it only appears in Command Mission, which is outside of the main canon according to the compendium.

About the Supra Force Metal, X, Zero, Axl and co. beat Epsilon, who was armed with one of the Supra Force Metals. That is still a farcry from infinite power, since infinity/2 is still infinity.

@Reppuzan

Okay then, i don't see any problem in that.

Well Cinnamon, a Force Metal Generator, can fuse Force Metal and makes them stronger like the Resist Water + Resist Water = Reverse Water. This can happen with the Force Metal too, a bigger part is better than mini-parts together.

@Reppuzan

Well, this is most likely a plot hole or a different thing. Or just a catchphrase.

@LeSword

Considering the fact that X and Zero call most of their attacks' names, I don't think so.

@Reppuzan

Sorry for the wait but i discosvered one thing. SFM don't have 10,000 but a mere fragment yes.
SFM fragment power

@Reppuzan

About the Final Strike, the game says it needs 3 characters to perform it, im going send the scan later because my computer froze when i was going to pick

@LeSword

If a fragment is 10,000x more, that still isn't anywhere close to infinity though.

@LeSword

But the Supra Force Metals aren't fused, they're attached to both of Great Redips shoulders. In addition, even if the Supra Force Metal fragment used by Botos was a 0.00001% of the full metal's power, it still wouldn't multiply up to infinity.

As for the Final Strike, I still can't imagine any reason the two would call it out aside from them using it.

@Reppuzan

My "fusioned" wasn't literally fusioned, but "bigger". The Force Metal quantity not is proportional to the result, so can be infinity, at least in my opnion.

I can only consider the Final Strike a plot hole because MMXCM is from July of 2004 and Zero Drama is from December of 2004.

I don't have much more to argue, so i will only send the Memento Mori and if you want, you can close this thread.

@Dark649

Here is the Memento Mori

@LeSword

I thought you meant fusion as in "refined in the Force Metal Generator"-type fusion.

The Drama came after Command Mission, so I'm not sure if I can call that a plot hole.

The problem with Memento Mori is that if it were to be a galaxy, X, Zero ,and Axl would have to be as large as the supermassive black hole in the center of the Milky Way Galaxy, which is obviously untrue.

@Reppuzan

Well, i was but i also was making a comparision with the SFM

The Compendium is from 2005 so im pretty sure that was a plot hole or a different thing.

Because that i called mini-galaxy, the size of X and the galaxy not is proportional. The party also was sucked so can be a Black Hole.

Oh yeah, i forgot to say here is a complete list of CM Items

@LeSword

Well, we have two canon sources shooting different arguments, so I can only call the canon dubious rather than outright non-canon.

Not sure if I can call that non-canon either.

I suppose I can add some of these to the Standard Equipment list.

Pretty sure CM is canon, since it doesn't clash with the events of any other game in the series, and as Reppu said Zero series kinda supports it. Needing 3 units active could very well be game mechanics.

Also this: "Besides, the story isn't related with the series even though it is exciting in many Demon scenes."

Could very well mean that it wouldn't follow the events of X8 directly since we don't see any sign of Lumine and/or Sigma, instead being an entirely different matter - as in, it has an story of it's own that is not related to the whole Maverick/Sigma virus BUT still has elements introduced in X8 such as New Generation Reploids and the Copy Chip while introducing elements of its own - such as the Supra Force Metal.

This as I see it would mean that it's unrelated because the problem at hand is Supra-Force Metal and Epsilon's Rebellion Army. It has nothing to do with Sigma, Lumine or the Maverick Virus yet we have new generation Reploids going Maverick at will, like Lumine said it would happen near the end of X8.

I'm pretty sure if CM was not canon or not a part of the X series continuity, they would make it clear, like the Starforce and Battle Network series, instead of using elements of it in the X/Zero universe.

@FateAlbane

I understand your point but Command Mission was released before X8 so its the inverse: X8 use elements of Command Mission (This not change much your point though), Supra-Force Metal isn't from Earth, is a extraterrestrial metal so isn't really unrelated. Your final point i can't agree, use elements don't make anything more canon or not, this is called merchandise and publicity.

I meant chronologically (CM taking place after X8 chronologically, IIRC), but otherwise, sure thing.

My final point is that most evidence actually points to CM being Canon and the only thing that might point otherwise is that one statement that, really, depends on one's interpretation. They never explicitly stated that it's non canon or a separate continuity altogether, while there's evidence here and there to it being part of the X continuity.

Oh yes, probaly later i will make a new thread but this time of Rockman X Mega Mission, a carddass (But is canon) of Megaman X. I'm just picking scans before that.

Back