• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega man X Vs Composite link BLUE ARMOR VS GREEN TUNIC 7/7/0 (nconclusive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the one-up likes. Say, I had taken this as an understood rule (to put it somehow) but Link doesn't carry infinite potions. The max number he has gotten in a game would be the limit (I know of 5, but could be more if he is shown carrying around more at once in other games). Dunno if in BotW it's different, but otherwise Link has to distribute the potions and such between healing, resurrection, buffs and invincibility. Aside that, it essentially extends the fight and it falls in what I said before, X has to keep it up until Link runs out of resources. Remember, X also has 4 healing tanks, a weapon tank (kinda redundant, but I guess it allows for a quick Nova Strike/X Drive recharge) and especially the One Up Booster, which increases his starting lives after continues from 2 to 4, and serves no porpouse whatsoever in this fight!

Link's profile (that I'm the primary editor for lol) implies that his amount of bottles is combined throughout the games.

Also, one of the resurrection potions is from Zelda 1, where bottles aren't necessarily an item. So even if that was the case, he'd still have one free space, for lack of a better term.

There's also the fact that Link has stuff like the Four Sword, which means that X would have to battle for enough time not only 1, but 4 Link with the same items, experience, skills, strenght and the fact they can think of their own, which means that every one of them can think of different strategies on their own, and eventually, one of those 4 will use either the One-Hit obliterator or ancient arrow.

from what I see here, both characters can counter pretty much any skills from each other. However, link has a skill that would outweigh the fight and this skill is the one hit oblitarator. If X is get caught by this weapon everything ends for him, so I think that link has more chances to win this fight. Changing my vote to link.

@Orion: There is one drawback, though, two swings and needs to recharge having its power decreased to minimum for some moments, also it has the side effect of making Link killable in 1 hit by anything. It can backfire horribly. Consider also that most of X barriers damage enemies in range.

Man, that's a tough one. X on his own is horribly outmatched against 4 Links. The thing that could help him though is using the Mother Elf's more broken abilities listed in his profile: forcefields that required 3 of the 4 guardians and Zero (who had surpassed greatly all of them and X himself) to break, massive power boosts to his stats, absorption of incoming projectiles turning them into health and constantly recharging his Giga Crush energy to use Nova Strike, X Drive and Giga Attacks (which fortunately make him invulnerable while they last) as much as possible. Perhaps the Hermes Armor invincibility to weaker attacks and quadruple charge speed increase would work nicely here, especially with the boosts of the Mother Elf and the much needed charge attacks

And use cyber elf effects that Link doesn't resist such as paralysis and debuffs (this last one though is because I didn't see Link having an immunity in his profile, but wouldn't be surprised if he has counters), as well as using the Mother Elf as an active assist to even the ground with cover fire.

Question: when cloning himself with the Four Sword, Link can change his blade to the Master Sword and keep the clones around, right? That's important.

TartaChocholate said:
Man, that's a tough one. X on his own is horribly outmatched against 4 Links. The thing that could help him though is using the Mother Elf's more broken abilities listed in his profile: forcefields that required 3 of the 4 guardians and Zero (who had surpassed greatly all of them and X himself) to break, massive power boosts to his stats, absorption of incoming projectiles turning them into health and constantly recharging his Giga Crush energy to use Nova Strike, X Drive and Giga Attacks (which fortunately make him invulnerable while they last) as much as possible. Perhaps the Hermes Armor invincibility to weaker attacks and quadruple charge speed increase would work nicely here, especially with the boosts of the Mother Elf and the much needed charge attacks
And use cyber elf effects that Link doesn't resist such as paralysis and debuffs (this last one though is because I didn't see Link having an immunity in his profile, but wouldn't be surprised if he has counters), as well as using the Mother Elf as an active assist to even the ground with cover fire.

Question: when cloning himself with the Four Sword, Link can change his blade to the Master Sword and keep the clones around, right? That's important.
yes he can.

@TartaChocholate

but I'm taking into account what Chrisras said. Assuming one of the clones uses the one hit oblitarator, the others are still with their full health by what I understand. This puts X into serious disadvantages.

TartaChocholate said:
How so can the Clones do that? I recall, vaguely the Hero's Shade did something like that in a vision or something. How was it?
Hero's shade can clone himself very easily, and he can create two clones of himself. Basically, with the Four Sword, that's fighting 12 Links. There's technically also the fact that Link can resurrect himself to make things difficult, or even travel back in time for a bit if someone of the 12 gets killed.

Also, the invulnerability thing is CLEARLY from the ToP, as in TP he gets "executed" by normal sages, right before dying gets/awakens the ToP, and now he's invulnerable in game. And the only version of Ganon that doesn't have it is the OoX one, who also doesn't have the ToP.

I'm not sure if Hero's shade has infinite stamina, it mainly depends if this site considers ghosts have it or not.

@asuka that's never stated anywhere and Doppler didn't reprogram his mavericks, they just went Maverick due to the virus

Anywho, it looks like it's 7-7 now, and this has gone on for a long thread. think we should call it inconclusive?

Well, he does have immunity to the Maverick virus, though that probably isn't immunity to mind manip. The thing is, X dosn't have a conventional mind, being a robot. Robots in MMX have souls (For some reason), but their minds are only compareable to humans, not actually human minds. They're still A.I. And X could just Mindhax, Soulhax, and Biohax Link with the mother elf. And if the Manga is used for X as well as the games, Link also has High-Mid regen to deal with unless he uses Light Arrows or the Master Sword, basically making a large amount of Link's arsenal MUCH less useful.

Except that Link resists the first two, and maybe the third one as well.

And the MS is his main weapon, so regen isn't such a big problem.

Resistance isn't immunity, like X has to Link's mindhax due to not having a conventional mind. Plus in order to damage X for any amount of time (Once again, only if the Manga is used) he'd need to use the Master Sword or Light Arrows. This makes an overwhelming amount of his arsenal useless.

Link does't mindhax (unless you're referring to the dominion rod).

And resistance is enough to null X's hax if it's not on Link's level.

RW, sealing, conceptual manip, sealing and BFR still work just fine.

Mother Elf was able to erradicate the Sigma virus

Sigma virus affected the whole planet in x5 and the new generation of reploids in x8

and it was supposed to be used on a large scale,so maybe planetary at maximum

Even without it, I don't know if Link is powerful enough to break the Mother Elf's barriers, witch took the combined efforts of 4 characters (Three guardians and Zero) to break. The Hadoken and Shoryuken would likely one shot Link if he wasn't able to damage X or dodge them in time (Though I'll admit either one of those outcomes is likely). Not to mention, Link only has RESISTANCE to time manip. Since X can stop time indefinatly thanks to the Ultimate Armor, Link would at least be slowed.

The original post should list who voted for who to avoid confusions.

I think is an stretch to call the invulnerability a TOP ability and just give it to Link as well. The Sages were not normal by any stretch of the word, the Sword of the Six Sages was especifically forged to execute Ganondorf meaning he wasn't just stabbed and killed with a normal blade, the sword was meant to counter his powers. The Triforce of Power could easily just been a sudden Power Boost that allowed him to survive by surpassing the properties of the sword.

Ghosts having unlimited stamina is just an assumption unless there is evidence or statements of the contrary.

Going back in time wouldn't just reset the fight? He needs to play the ocarina or the harp to do so, as well, that can get interrupted if Link tries to do so in a stage where he's at disadvantage.

I also feel people are overlooking stuff that was brought as well: Link can get one shotted in two ways as well; Absolute Zero and Black Holes. If X is being faced by several Links it's a pretty convincing incentive to start using AoE attacks and invulnerability much more quickly, and when trying out weapons until finding what works best is one of X basic tactics. TartaChocholate already mentioned the many shapes and forms his Absolute Zero attacks can take (barrier that freezes when someone gets too close, normal shots, traps that remain on the terrain, a shield, a rain of icicles, ground projectiles and mid range front and back ice bursts, icicles that are shot in several directions when X is simply dashing around) and how gravity attacks affect a large AoE (the normal shots of gravity well are also big AoE).

X is more mobile and agile than Link while being invulnerable, intangible and invisible while dashing around, and spamming Nova Strikes to go through. (He can do that with the X4-6 ultimate armor or the Mother Elf restoring his reserves), this is much easier to pull with the Mother Elf actively protecting and covering X. Hitting X is a lot harder than it seems.

Being overwhelmed in numbers will mean X will play it more defensively than before and just, for the lack of a better word GTF away from the Links and just use safe attacks. Which is possible with the Mother Elf's assistance that creates barriers and blocks projectiles while X focuses on running and countering.

I agree with Tarta and TrifocePower as well, an immunity means that he won't get affected unless shown otherwise. If Link can move through frozen time and has resisted mind attacks we have to take it X can't use that front.

And if Link can use all the bottles he has gotten, can't X use every Sub Tank he has gotten, life restoring Cyber Elf effects and such? Even if still less than Link.

Asuka should say how Link would be able to seal X, or somebody else should. Otherwise, Asuka's vote shouldn't be counted.

ToP is clearly the reason Ganon has his invulnerability. While the sages were not normal people, they couldn't kill Ganon after he got the ToP, but they almost did it when he hadn't it. OoX and BOTW don't have invulnerability and they're the only known version of Ganon that don't have the ToP (yes, Calamity Ganon doesn't have it, but he's still weak to the MS). Maybe I remember wrong, but there was an official statement of that.

I was asking if ghosts in general had infinite stamina or not. I don't know if they have it or not.

He can also travel in time via Four Sword or just abuse his invincibility barriers.

Problem is that Link would most likely use the right item before X via his information analysis, and when he discovers what X can do, his weaknesses etc., Link would most likely pull out the right item before.

Link can be invulnerable, invisible and intangible, too. Also, Link can see invisible beings and attack intangibles, so it's a bit useless. If Nova's strikes are energy projectiles, Link can use the reflect spell (Zelda II), to reflect every attack.

If X goes too far away, Link would use the item with more range he has, the TF. And X is screwed if Link does it (RW and conceptual manipulation).

The Smashor said:
Asuka should say how Link would be able to seal X, or somebody else should. Otherwise, Asuka's vote shouldn't be counted.
Master Sword. That's where half of Link's good hax come from. Or Four Sword as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back