• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man Speed Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the teleportation just isn't instantaneous.

I don't think teleportation can scale to combat speed or reactions or that attacking while teleporting would be combat speed. It's not like Thor has Infinite speed based on being able to attack while teleporting. Teleportation is just an ability, not speed; though time it takes to teleport or versatility with it can be helpful in battle.

@Violet

Yeah I agree. It is acknowledged though in his profile as his overall speed (combat, reaction, etc) is listed as higher.

@Dark

I agree, but as established earlier, Mega Man's teleportation isn't your typical teleportation. Characters in the Mega Man verse become a beam of light and travel to their destination as opposed to just vanishing into thin air. Isn't this akin to feats where characters could react while travelling on certain objects or something? For example, Mario got his speed by being able to react while being launched by a Launch Star so isn't this a similar principle?

In that case, I think the possible speed upgrades are fine. Reppuzan is going to be inactive for a while, but he usually has the best input regarding Mega Man. Or maybe we could as CrimsonStarFalle.

Well, this is interesting.

So, as far as we know, there's no actual contradictions about the speed upgrade as far as i know (most feats involve reacting while traveling interplanetary distances, pretty casually as well), but it's still a really big upgrade, so imo "MFTL, possibly MFTL+" should be a better option than straight up MFTL+.

This would scale to basically the entire verse (outside of Legends, Battle Network and Starforce) as well, so it would take a lot of work to get through every page, though i think i can get to it tomorrow.

Battle Network and Starforce already have better Massively FTL+ anyway, but legends doesn't scale and is doomed to be the weakest Mega Man Verse.

Actually, taking another look at the video, i don't think Cutman cut the log while teleporting. If you watch it Frame-by-Frame, you can see that Cutman actually starts the cut after reaching his destination.

I have my doubts on MFTL+ now.

I kinda figured that, so I guess no changes need to be made then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back