• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel there are issues with the Mega Man Legends profiles on this site.

Starting off, the justification for moon level stats.

Juno is said to be a life-wiper on Volnutt's page, but the carbon reinitialization program is the only cited mass extinction feat on his profile. Thing is:

• This is done by Eden, not by Juno himself. This wouldn't be a problem if someone scaled to Eden or could tank its effects, but neither of these things happen at the end of Mega Man Legends.
  • Juno cannot go beyond Kattelox Island with the carbon reinitialization program, meaning it is not the same thing as the Boros feat that is often used as a life-wiping baseline.
  • The carbon reinitialization program does not necessarily work like a massive life-wiping laser or anything, it just kills all life through likely haxxy means and clones them at once. Juno is both underground and away from the epicenter anyway so its not like he tanks it every time he uses it.
Sera's justification, which i assume is where moon level really comes from, is not necessarily a feat in itself. I understand what it is trying to say, it is sort of supposed to be like Darkstalkers Jedah's control over the Majigen or Abeloth being able to manipulate the galaxy however she wished, (except more on a machine level I guess) but this is never implied to be the case with Sera and given that this is a space station, (it being moon-sized I think may be verifiably false, but I can find out for myself later by calcing its actual size) I highly doubt that most methods Sera would control it would even be moon level, even if it is truly moon-sized. (Not sure if I can word what I am trying to say quite right without it sounding like I am arguing incredulity for completely different reasons that I am not trying argue)

Also, Tron should reasonably scale to Volnutt. I'm not sure why she does not scale on her page. She has fought and given trouble to Volnutt before and after whatever big feats have happened.

As well, Tron is most certainly not street level physically. If anything, she is higher. Recall that she frequently survives explosions of her own machines and survives while basically at the epicenter. Also, she can physically harm Servbots, who are incredibly durable in comparison to most characters in the verse. Ordinary humans such as Denise Marmalade and other police officers have shown similar feats of durability and attack potency as well, so she should scale to her machines, (at least in durability) although obviously her machines are much more reliable in combat than she would be on her own.

Potential replacement feats if this goes through:

• Glyde stated that his best weapon could destroy the city that Volnutt and Roll were defending. Tron fought the Colossus, which Glyde was previously trying to get alongside Lex Loath as an ultimate weapon, so Volnutt and other related characters should scale to this.

• Forbidden Island had a storm that lasted for thirty years, which was caused by a Reaverbot (or Sera, idk) that volnutt defeats. (Iirc, work=f*d is not usable if the energy used to make the storm is not done all at once, and there is nothing proving that that was the case so that's a nono, but I think with the rough storm diameter, this can get you megatons to gigatons results depending on your calc method)

• Sera uses a black hole in her attacks. (I am not sure if this site would consider it a black hole since it is not referred to as one, but I fail to see how that makes a huge difference) It's not even listed under her profile, either, her profile lacks a lot of her abilities, really. (Summoning for both meteors and other Reaverbots, at least pseudo-black hole manipulation, potential storm manipulation, and gravity manipulation for example)

Also, speed of light attack speed should be given to Volnutt and Sera at least. They seem to use lasers that match the properties of lasers (Volnutt with his shining laser and Sera with her second form attacks) but I am not sure if you can really scale speed to these because the projectiles move incredibly fast (I think they always reach enemies in one frame)

Lastly, speed should be beyond superhuman at this point. The Flutter flew to Kattelox Island in the first game, which was apparently 100 miles from their current coordinates, and they made it there in seconds, which iirc got me Mach 13 results. Volnutt avoids projectiles that can catch up to the ship. Also, there are Reaverbots in both MML games that use sound-based attacks, and Volnutt can outrun them.

Hmm... you're probably onto something.

Do you have any calcs for the other feats?

I did a rough calc for the storm thing, but I used work=f*d which I think is wrong since the work to create the storm was not necessarily done all at once like the country level Lugia calc.

But basically:

Mml2worldmap
Mml2mapscale
According to www.usgs.gov/faqs/how-much-dis… here, one degree of longitude is 54.6 miles (87.36 km) and I covered forty degrees on my scaling on the bottom there. I figured the storm shuld extend through the entire circle because that entire area is unknown in comparison to the entire world.

458/208*(87.36*40) = 8148 km diameter (which covers a fifth of the world)

Using vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Stand… the updated blog

Volume = 4.17e8 km^3 (using 8000 m storm height) (4.17e17 m^3) (4.18251e17 kg)

Volume = 6.15e8 km^3 (using 11800 storm height) (6.15e17 m^3) (6.16845e17 kg)

I assume strong instability should be fine because the storm is pretty much impossible for anyone to get through normally without a special type of vehicle to get through the storm.

4.18251e17*4 = 16.73004e17 kj (399 gigatons)

6.16845e17*4 = 24.6738e17 kj (589 gigatons)

For my original calc, where I got 20.7 petatons or something for assuming that the storm was done in the beginning of the at least 30 year period, (which probably is not true) and used work=f*d, (not applicable I don't think) I instead corrected it by dividing 20.7 petatons by the number of seconds in thirty years and got 21.95 megatons per second. I assumed that the storm was way smaller though at the time so the result for that, too, should be higher. (although I confused longitude and latitude on the above maps)

For the flutter feat,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRhKnb…

From 6:24 to 6:58

Volnutt claims Kattelox is 100 miles away (160 km or so) and they basically make it there in that time.

160 km/34 sec = 4.70588235 km/s / 0.343 km/s (speed of sound) = Mach 13.72, this was done by a broken down Flutter and Volnutt can avoid projectiles that catch up to the Flutter so he probably scales. KE should be pretty good from this as well, and scalable, since the Flutter only seemed to take cosmetic damage from the crash, while weapons can actually permanently damage/destroy the Flutter, although it shouldn't be too high of a feat compared to everything else.

There is other stuff I do not have calcs for though, like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-bHIVMJ8lU (Gravity manipulation at 4:20 or so, laser attack at 8:43, other laser at 11:45 or so, black hole attack is immediately after and is used multiple times throughout the fight)

Thing is, it is not really said to be a black hole, so I do not know if that affects whether it is accepted here or not, but I do not see why it necessarily would.

Also, for another feat that I do not necessarily have calced, machines in the series that explode seem to get vaporized. Not a trace of them is left afterwards, (I realize pulverization would qualify for the same thing) people caught in the explosion are covered in ash or leave a trail of black smoke or steam perhaps in some cases, (Tron, Teisel, police officers, etc.) and at one point Tron's clothes completely burn off so I don't think it is unimaginable for it to be vaporization. Even for when we do see stuff remaining after an explosion, the remnants seem to turn black and fade into nothingness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hYFqYKnVnI 11:20 or so here

iirc Deathstroke had a calc here where doing a similar feat resulted in low kilotons, (was rejected, but for context reasons rather than calc reasons) so this is also a pretty good scalable feat (Tron tanks it, scales to others clearly superior to her physically)

sorry for late reply btw, it seems like one of my replies failed to send as well but I had a backup ready for this one.

The accepted calculations can probably be used, but it is best to wait for more input.

If in the case the revisions get more okays or no other calc members look at them, (although I believe in that case it is recommended to ask calc group members directly) when would be best to revise the pages?

I meant wait for some more input from knowledgeable members here.

I suppose that it should probably be fine to do so.

Okay. Thanks. Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back