• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to come off as rude so if I do, I am sorry. The reason I said that is because nearly everyone who has commented on this thread(This includes multiple notable verse supporters. Such as Mige, Rodri, and Lungefish) have disagreed with your logic on the premise of there not being enough evidence.
Rodri didn't really said he disagreed tho

Rodri didn't really said he disagreed tho
If I'm understanding Rodri's arguments, he's saying that it shouldn't be scaled to the X series cast because Volnutt is the one powering the laser. The energy is powering the Shining Laser is Volnutt's own energy. It wouldn't make sense for X to scale to its power.

Even if I did misunderstand Rodri's argument, he didn't outright agree either. Nobody on this thread has said they agreed with the OP and most people are arguing against it. It's only been disagrees and neutrals. I'm not trying to be harsh but as someone who's been following the thread since it started, I think the general consensus is that this has been rejected.

If I'm understanding Rodri's arguments, he's saying that it shouldn't be scaled to the X series cast because Volnutt is the one powering the laser
Which i posted my argument, by saying that Volnutt doesn't power up the X Buster and there's no proof of he doing so. As i said, scaling Volnutt to it is absurb. Also, he didn't really implied that from what i see, it was more of it being shown to be capable of matching X's power (which it does since it's his X-Buster).

Also i'm sorry, but most of the arguments against the thread were either mostly headcanons, arguing out of basically nothing or outright not knowning basic stuff of the series.

Last edited:
Which i posted my argument, by saying that Volnutt doesn't power up the X Buster and there's no proof of he doing so. As i said, scaling Volnutt to it is absurb.
Busters have always taken energy from the user in the Mega Man series. They work by taking the user’s absorbed solar energy and firing it off as projectiles. This has been a thing since the Classic series .The Shining Laser is a buster, so it takes the user’s energy(in this case Volnutt’s). There is no reason for this to scale to X.
Also i'm sorry, but most of the arguments against the thread were either mostly headcanons, arguing out of basically nothing or outright not knowning basic stuff of the series.
They’re not headcanons. They are based off of evidence the series has presented us with. There is no proof that Sera created the dimension. Teleportation makes sense considering that we’ve had similar things happen earlier in the timeline(X7 Sigma). There needs to be proof that she created the dimension, and that’s proof we don’t have.

Last edited:
Busters have always taken energy from the user in the Mega Man series. They work by taking the user’s absorbed solar energy and firing it off as projectiles.
Classic Era only statement and the Shining Laser is a laser with limitless energy so this doesn't apply here

The Shining Laser is a buster,
The Shining Laser is not a buster, it's a laser made with the X-Buster's power

so it takes the user’s energy(in this case Volnutt’s). There is no reason for this to scale to X.
Once again for the billionth time, Volnutt should NOT scale to the Shining Laser, it's so powerful that he can't even run, it's so powerful that the character who made couldn't believe it and frightens her and it's strong enough to one shot all enemies and kill the final bosses in seconds. So Volnutt doesn't need to power it up and thus it's a separate thingy. Like, think about it, why can Volnutt produce much stronger power with that but not his own? Oh right, because that power comes from Mega ******* Man X
They’re not headcanons
Yeah, you're right. They're not headcanons, they're bad headcanons, such as "Reploids don't have free will", "Legends is worse in technology" which ignores Elysium's existence or most outrageously "X Buster has this line so it implies it has batteries."

There is no proof that Sera created the dimension.
She literally says she's going all out, shakes the whole area up with a transformation sequence with an earthquake sfx and she can't bring the characters back to Earth by herself nor out of that dimension (Which debunks the idea that she has dimensional travel). Tell me how is that feat "teleportation"?

Teleportation makes sense considering that we’ve had similar things happen earlier in the timeline(X7 Sigma).
Outside from the fact that i can twist this argument by saying dimensions with stars were already created in the X and ZX era, Sigma's case is he gets defeated in his form and we suddenly are in another dimension with nothing happening in-between, unlike Sera who shakes the whole thing up by simply transforming, lights it up and we are in another dimension. These two are simply not the same case and most importantly, this and this are literally so different apart that it's impossible to argue it's the same shit. So yes, Sera created the dimension.

Last edited:
Let's say that it really is the X Buster

Once again for the billionth time, Volnutt should NOT scale to the Shining Laser, it's so powerful that he can't even run, it's so powerful that the character who made couldn't believe it and frightens her and it's strong enough to one shot all enemies and kill the final bosses in seconds. So Volnutt doesn't need to power it up and thus it's a separate thingy. Like, think about it, why can Volnutt produce much stronger power with that but not his own? Oh right, because that poqer comes from Mega ******* Man X
And you say that he doesn't scale to the X-Buster

Once that shot is fired, Volnutt's arm would be blown to pieces. Imagine holding a rocket launcher with one hand firing it, your arm would get messed up. Here, Volnutt's entire body would be utterly annhilated

Let's say that it really is the X Buster

And you say that he doesn't scale to the X-Buster

Once that shot is fired, Volnutt's arm would be blown to pieces. Imagine holding a rocket launcher with one hand firing it, your arm would get messed up. Here, Volnutt's entire body would be utterly annhilated
Anyone can use a gun if they know how to deal with it, doesn't mean they're all 9-C physically.

Stop attempting to scale Volnutt to a weapon which is leagues above him because otherwise he would've dealt with Juno and Sera in seconds without that. You can also easily argue for Roll to have made something to protect Volnutt from that power.

Last edited:
Anyone can use a gun if they know how to deal with it, doesn't mean they're all 9-C physically.
You could probably tank the energy behind most bullets fired from handguns, just not when it is focused in such a small point.
Otherwise we would have several police officers with dislocated shoulders.

Classic Era only statement and the Shining Laser is a laser with limitless energy so this doesn't apply here
X's buster is called the Mega Buster Mark 17. It's an updated version of Rock's buster. X is still powered by solar energy as well. It's safe to assume that it has similar functionality.
Once again for the billionth time, Volnutt should NOT scale to the Shining Laser, it's so powerful that he can't even run, it's so powerful that the character who made couldn't believe it and frightens her and it's strong enough to one shot all enemies and kill the final bosses in seconds. So Volnutt doesn't need to power it up and thus it's a separate thingy. Like, think about it, why can Volnutt produce much stronger power with that but not his own?
I do agree that the Shining Laser is far stronger than anything else in Volnutt's arsenal. The Shining Laser is X's buster mixed with two other items. the "Weapon Plans" and "Prism Crystal" are added to it so it becomes its own thing. The laser still needs to get its energy from somewhere. Either Volnutt is powering it or it has some other energy source.
"X Buster has this line so it implies it has batteries."
It not having batteries is proof that it's being powered by the user himself. X was powering the buster when he had it. Now Volnutt is the one powering it . No reason to scale it to X.
"Legends is worse in technology" which ignores Elysium's existence
By your logic, Legends must have worst technology than it’s predecessors considering the fact that a weapon that has been around for centuries is apparently stronger than everything else in Legends.Outside from the fact that i can twist this argument by saying dimensions with stars were already created in the X and ZX era.

Outside from the fact that i can twist this argument by saying dimensions with stars were already created in the X and ZX era, Sigma's case is he gets defeated in his form and we suddenly are in another dimension with nothing happening in-between, unlike Sera who shakes the whole thing up by simply transforming, lights it up and we are in another dimension. These two are simply not the same case and most importantly, this and this are literally so different apart that it's impossible to argue it's the same shit. So yes, Sera created the dimension.
There is no X era or ZX era character who has created a pocket dimension with multiple stars. They’ve only created pocket dimensions with a single star. This creates an inconsistency with X’s power level. Lumine managed to hold his own against a combined assault from X, Zero, and Axl. Albert is comparable to Model ZX(who had the combined power of X and Zero). These are some of the strongest characters in their respective series but they’re only capable of creating/sustaining a dimension with one star. But suddenly, X’s buster is strong enough to stomp a character who could create a pocket dimension with multiple stars. It seems like an outlier if anything. Either X shouldn’t scale to this, or the feat gets discarded for messing with the scaling.

Stop attempting to scale Volnutt to a weapon which is leagues above him because otherwise he would've dealt with Juno and Sera in seconds without that. You can also easily argue for Roll to have made something to protect Volnutt from that power.
So if I had a gun that shoots nuclear warheads but I'm really REALLY good at using it, I won't die from firing it?

I do agree that the Shining Laser is far stronger than anything else in Volnutt's arsenal. The Shining Laser is X's buster mixed with two other items. the "Weapon Plans" and "Prism Crystal" are added to it so it becomes its own thing. The laser still needs to get its energy from somewhere. Either Volnutt is powering it or it has some other energy source.
Which it does, from these three items and it's limitless energy.

It not having batteries is proof that it's being powered by the user himself. X was powering the buster when he had it. Now Volnutt is the one powering it
Once again Volnutt isn't, already explained why.

By your logic, Legends must have worst technology than it’s predecessors considering the fact that a weapon that has been around for centuries is apparently stronger than everything else in Legends
No, considering Elysium's existence which debunks this argument hard, since it's comparable to those predecessors. Also, Roll has nothing to do with Elysium

Outside from the fact that i can twist this argument by saying dimensions with stars were already created in the X and ZX era.
Good so you agree with Sera's feat then.

There is no X era or ZX era character who has created a pocket dimension with multiple stars
I never said they ever created a 4-A realm, i said they created dimensions (plural) with stars, so don't straw man my points.

These are some of the strongest characters in their respective series but they’re only capable of creating/sustaining a dimension with one star. But suddenly, X’s buster is strong enough to stomp a character who could create a pocket dimension with multiple stars. It seems like an outlier if anything.
Or you can just argue that they created a dimension with one star because they felt like it, not because it was the limit of their power to the point they get exhausted (Unless you can prove that, which you can't), specially with Albert casually making it and just uses it as his throne room. Also did you read the thread?, only Z and ZX Era scales, i never mentioned that X Era scales as well

Lord, give me patience...

3-5 different people literally asked for proof and we even told you what that necessary proof entails (actual statements), and you've failed to give us any proof. And no, for the 2nd-3rd (whatever'th time), speculations and fan interpretations of what's happening in the cutscene like you've given to us and believe is NOT PROOF/EVIDENCE. I'd like this to scale as much as you do, but the wiki is STRICT about pocket dimension stuff nowadays, and for GOOD reason.

Also, everything of what you said about how the 'X-Buster' behaves in-game only warrants a 'far higher with Shining Laser' at best (which, you know what? I'll take since it cheeses past enemies like it's nothing and the thing breaks the game in 2 lul), but not scaling to X.

And you're a stubborn hypocrite now that you're out here accusing us of bad head canons.
Classic Era only statement
The X-Buster is stated -in the Rockman & Rockman X Daizukan- to use solar energy and X's Generator is what supplies X's power. JUST LIKE THE MEGA BUSTER! So no, the logic's not Classic-Era only, especially when the X-Buster's actual name is 'Mega Buster Mark 17' for goodness sake.
"Legends is worse in technology"
Eurasia, an ACTUAL MOON-SIZED space supercolony >>> Elysium. And until Legends got sentient viruses capable of warping reality, souls living in metals, creation of ACTUAL black holes, actual virtual worlds inside of computers that behave just as real, artificial suns, being capable of causing rifts between universes, etc. They absolutely are inferior compared to X-Era and Z-Era.
"X Buster has this line so it implies it has batteries."
... Wait a minute. This is also another piece of evidence suggesting that the X-Buster in Legends isn't the actual X-Buster without me even realizing until now. As suggested above, the actual X-Buster uses solar energy from X's generator, not from batteries like the line of when you collect the 'X-Buster' in Legends implies. And it also means that it's impossible to scale the X-Buster under the use of Volnutt to when it's under the use of X when the sources of power are different even if it were the actual X-Buster. And you'd have to prove that this power source is = X, which... Yeah. You're not doing that.

At this point, this thread's becoming a waste of time and testing my patience. So I'll just drop an ultimatum: if you don't provide scans/statements saying Sera created the pocket dimension and if you don't provide actual statements proving without a shadow of a reasonable doubt that the Legends' 'X-Buster' is = X's X-Buster in the next message, I will call a mod/admin to close this thread (unless you concede and settle for the Shining Laser only just being 'far higher'.

Which it does, from these three items and it's limitless energy.
Limitless energy is still limited by power output.
Not all energy sources can provide the same ammount of energy over time, that's why rockets can't use the same fuel as a car, for example.
... Wait a minute. This is also another piece of evidence suggesting that the X-Buster in Legends isn't the actual X-Buster without me even realizing until now. As suggested above, the actual X-Buster uses solar energy from X's generator, not from batteries like the line of when you collect the 'X-Buster' in Legends implies.
To be fair, it could just mean that no one knows what the X-Buster was powered by and just that is not attached to the X-Buster anymore.

3-5 different people literally asked for proof and we even told you what that necessary proof entails (actual statements), and you've failed to give us any proof. And no, for the 2nd-3rd (whatever'th time), speculations and fan interpretations of what's happening in the cutscene like you've given to us and believe is NOT PROOF/EVIDENCE.
And how about your side that it's ""teleportation""? Where's your proof in that side? Oh right, none. Once again, i posted my proof, that this feat is so extremely different from how Sera teleports and she can't get out of the dimension and that she explictely goes all out with this transformation scene and shaking of the screen which proves that Sera's sheer transformation that created this dimension (Also, transformations being involved with power and absolutely not teleportation is a common thing in fiction). Also, the game's not gonna waste it's time explaining that Sera created a 4-A sized dimension WHEN SHE IS SHOWN DOING THAT. It's not speculation, it's just called common sense and context clues. you're treating these two, completely different shit as if they're the same without giving any sort of proof, and what futher kills the teleportation argument is that she can't bring them all to Earth, nor get out of that dimension as i've said, because if she had teleportation that'd mean that she would be able to bring them all back to Earth and thus Dimensional Travel, but she can't, so this feat is not teleportation.

Also, everything of what you said about how the 'X-Buster' behaves in-game only warrants a 'far higher with Shining Laser' at best (which, you know what? I'll take since it cheeses past enemies like it's nothing and the thing breaks the game in 2 lul), but not scaling to X.

Yes, because both Shining Laser and Volnutt (and incluiding X himself as well) are 4-A via Sera, no need to make it "4-A with Shining Laser" when Volnutt is already 4-A.

And you're a stubborn hypocrite now that you're out here accusing us of bad head canons.

And i'm using actual common sense and context clues unlike you Mr. Legends X-Buster has batteries. Like literally, what headcanon am i using when i'm going by what the game shows and the context it uses?

Eurasia, an ACTUAL MOON-SIZED space supercolony >>> Elysium. And until Legends got sentient viruses capable of warping reality, souls living in metals, creation of ACTUAL black holes, actual virtual worlds inside of computers that behave just as real, artificial suns, being capable of causing rifts between universes, etc. They absolutely are inferior compared to X-Era and Z-Era.
And Elysium is literally the paradise that X was dreaming of achieving in the X and Z Era, a world of total peace and harmony. Which it is since humans lived there without problem, diseases, having high technology etc. Gonna ignore shit again? Dude, the Earth is literally drowned while Elysium is all chill.

... Wait a minute. This is also another piece of evidence suggesting that the X-Buster in Legends isn't the actual X-Buster without me even realizing until now
No it isn't because this doesn't AT ALL implies that the X Buster has batteries when that is never, and i mean never, ever stated in any of the games, specially with it outright NOT HAVING BATERIES AT ALL. Stop spamming this same argument. Also, in L2 you can collect the Z Saber which is outright stated to be a legendary weapon passed down from generation to generation from a hero, which proves the X-Buster from Legends is X's. Migue, stop making shit up.

At this point, this thread's becoming a waste of time and testing my patience.
And so is mine by literally no one bringing a new argument, ignoring shit from the series, strawmanning my arguments and basically making shit up to try to disprove me. Good ******* riddance.

Last edited:
Alright. Well, I gave you one last chance and you ******* blew it.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Starter_Pack Close this thread. This thread's not gone anywhere and won't be from the looks of it. It has been rejected.
Nice argument, going to the staff-sama just to get this thread closed because you couldn't address my points. Alright. Also, you aren't a mod so you can't give ultimatums like this.

So if I had a gun that shoots nuclear warheads but I'm really REALLY good at using it, I won't die from firing it?
Once again, Roll could've just easily made a thing which could protect Volnutt from it's power, similar to how irl guns don't destroy your arm when used.

Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back