• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man Battle Network Again

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
I made a thread for this before but it died so here we go again.

Why do we scale MMBN to a crossover and have these unnecessarily split statistics for what is only a crossover feat, rather than focusing on the consistent 2-C feats demonstrated in MMBN?

I feel nuking the 4-B is much better. He could be 2C and still kick a 4-Bs ass.

Also what kind of crossover is it even?

I agree with this, have a 4-B key when he has multiple Tier 2 feats is kinda weird. I absolutely agree with removing it and making everyone Tier 2

It's a bonus boss fight that EXE wins anyways.

The crossover’s a canon game that takes place between MMBN1 and MMBN2. But given the 2 were holding back, I’m not sure if the scaling would still hold up especially to others that Geo never interacted with afaik (aside from maybe ClockMan).

The reasoning was to give those lower tier NetNavis a rating.

I couldn’t really find any other feats in MMBN1 that compare to Geo, and there isn’t much of an increase in power between BN 1 and BN2. So I guess I’m not opposed to removing the key and maybe scaling everyone of the NetNavis to Tier 2. I’ll have to double-check anyway.

If that’s not a sensible option, then at least there are some feats involving ElecMan.EXE, both AP & speed.

Giving them 4-B as a lowball is pretty arbitrary, unfortunately, so we don't have much else to go off of; they either scale to 2-C or whatever lower feats they themselves have.

Oh, wait. There’s a Low 2-C feat in MMBN1: Life Virus was gonna destroy the Cyberworld. If I can double-check context, the lower-tier NetNavis can be put at Low 2-C…

In any case, I agree with removing the 4-B ratings from Hub and the other NetNavis. It’s kinda arbitrary to scale characters to someone else who, uh, never interacted with Geo or (in Hub’s case) was holding back.

As someone who followed the pervious thread; I agree that early game EXE stomping end game Geo Stelar as the reason to scale to the mid tier Net Navis is inconsistent and they should all scale from feats consistently seen in the Battle Network franchise. Which their are plenty of Tier 2 stuff as Migue mentioned above. And at the end of the day, even an Unknown rating sounds better than a 4-B for low end given the arbitrariness.

Also agreed. Tier 2 is far, far more supported than 4-B anyway, given there's no other tier 4 or anywhere near that in Battle Network iirc.

Thank you for the reply.

So do we have sufficient input to apply the suggested changes here now then?

I think that the suggested changes here can probably be applied now. Would somebody here be willing to handle it?

Okay. Thank you very much for helping out. Please make an effort to edit properly with our regular standard formats and such.

Back