• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man abilities addition

Mega Man (Classic) should have the following abilties for the following reasons.

Time Paradox Immunity due to being able to interact with Quint, his past self, with no ill effects. Note that this is common knowlage by Mega Man & Bass that Quint is Mega Man from the future. Note that it didn't even change the future, as Rockman Shadow appeared after Mega Man & Bass from the same future as Quint.

Immortality (Type 6) due to extra lives seemingly being canon, at least in classic Mega Man. In Mega Man 8, there's an item called a "Spare Extra" and another called a "Spare Charger". The former gives Mega Man more extra lives/spare bodies and the latter recharges lives/bodies inbetween stages. When Mega Man dies, his A.I. transfers to one of his spare bodies and said body immidiatly teleports to close to where he died.

Quint's MM&B CD data in english: Dr. Wily has captured Megaman when he came from the future, and has remodeled him.

Japanese CD data: Rockman from the future, remodeled by Dr. Wily. His weapon is Sakugarne.

(From Quint's page on MMKB)

English translated quote from Rockman & Forte Challanger from the Future: Well done, Rockman... Just as I thought. I couldn't win... but this is okay. The truth is, it would be a lie to say that Wily continues his evil ways in the future. I was a robot left behind as a failed version of Quint. But I rebuilt myself to my current level of power. And then I did everything I could to destroy the world. In the future no one could stop me. But I traveled back in time, so that I could find someone that could defeat me.

This means that Quint and Mega Man interacting didn't change the future, since it seems to be the same as it was as of Mega Man II on GB, being accurate to the english manual (Though I unfortunately can't seem to find a pdf of it). While it is inaccurate to the origional japanese manual, several japanese material like the Rockman Compete Works and the aforementioned japanese CD data have retconned this to, for once, go with the American version of the story. So it's more or less consistant

(Also from MMKB)

Spare Bodies from MM8: Here at 1:11 and 2:12

I think the Spare Bodies and stuff are just mere game mechanics. No legitimate cutscenes or anything in the lore seems to suggests that Mega Man's AI transfers to another body (I mean in canon, he's never been killed). As for the Time Paradox Immunity? I dig it.

I also have a question about abilities addition. How come he doesn't have many of his 80+ weapons listed in the profile. How come ice weapons are included but fire, earth-like, or electricity weapons aren't? Is there any reason for that?

Back