• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Lopunny vs Tamamo no Mae

Rabbit vs Fox? Wildlife, Rabbit get hunted, but in fiction? Reverse incoming. Since Ninetales vs Tamamo is bit....stompish maybe due of mindhax off the bat, let's give her a more fair but challenging Pokemon right now, who would win!!?

-Mega Lopunny and 3rd Tail Tamamo are used

-Speed are equalized

-Both in character

-Place: Pearl Harbor

-Range are 50 meters

-Win via death!!!

Tamamo and tamamo no mae fate grand order and etc drawn by pot palm sample-09c5f6b529560f0a873d770e9bd35a3e
Mega Lop

VS

• Inconclusive: 0

To start this, i don't know who have the AP advantage, but since High 7-A is a small tier and Tamamo don't have the "+" sign, they should be pretty comparable.

As always, Lopunny have some good Stats amps, Agility is the most notable, amping her speed making Lopunny faster than Tamamo, her Attack with Power-Up Punch and her defenses with Cosmic Power and Defense Curl. One other advantage is the fact that Lopunny can stole Tamamo's mirrors with Covet, i don't know how important that is, but i just want to point out this advantage. Alongside stats amps, Lopunny also have stats reducement, in the form of Charm and BDE to lower Tamamo's physical attack, and Fake Tears to lower her defenses. Lopunny can possibly reflect the poison with Magic Coat, and reflect most of Tamamo's attacks with Mirror Coat with double the damage. Fake Out is a guaranteed lead attack here, not to powerfull, but a neat move. The things that Lopunny here don't have, in comparition to alot of other mons, is a spammable STAB move, outside of Sky Uppercut. Loppuny seems the type of girl to use H-JK and JK more often thatn the others attacks, but if Tamamo can set up a forcefield before the hit connects with her, than Lopunny is in a pretty bad position. While Sky Uppercut is still a good move, i am pretty sure that Lopunny will crash on one of the forcefields with H-JK, and there you go most of her health. The elemental punches serve as a nice coverage moves for other moves that Tamamo can throw at Lop, Encore itself can really screw up with Tamamo, while she is not dumb, i think that adapting your plan to work with only one move is a bit hard to do. As for status, Lopunny can possibly poison Tamamo with Magic Coat, and can cause confusion, while confusion is not really that great compared to cutting in half the enemy's attack or speed, it will still help. Loppuny also have a passive speed boost with Quick Attack, though Agility should be more effective. For long range, Lopunny has Swift, Focus Blast and Hyper Beam, Swift is alright, Focus Blast will have a hard work with that accuracy, and Hyper Beam is not viable due to the need of recharge. The regen is nothing to high, and it can be bypassed, at most, it will be annoying.

Overall, while Lopunny have some good stat boost and reducement, and some powrfull moves, i still think that the fact of Lopunny crashing in a shield with H-JK is too high, and the HP lost is also to significant here to be overlooked, though Lopunny can discover the shields with other attack.

For me, i would go with Tamamo if Lopunny only spammed H-JK, but the fact that Lopunny has P-UP, Fake Out and Stats reducements, i think that Lopunny would discover about the forcefield and be cautious about them.

Voting for Lopunny Mid-diff

This amount of bumps is just sad, so I'll finally give some input.

Most Casters have passive magic barriers already up before combat begins, so there's that. Stealing her mirror with Covet wouldn't work, since Servants and their NPs are bound on a spiritual level. Tamamo rarely uses her poison at all and needs to be heavily damaged to do it anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Fake Out only works once, but with her barriers up, she'll minimize the damage taken.

I imagine that they fight for some time until Tamamo is forced to bust out her NP. At which point, she'll spam her curses. Frigid Heaven and Chaos Heaven are guaranteed to stun Lopunny, the former if Lopunny attempts to attack and the latter if Lopunny tries to guard. With speed equalized, the AOE of the curses would be difficult to dodge, and with EBoA active, it would be raining full-power curses and Lopunny is bound to get hit several times.

Chaos Heaven would be classifed as a Flying-type move in Pokemon, and would be super-effective. Gyokutenhou would be a Fighting-type move, so the same applies.

Voting Tamamo.

Limber prevents her from being stunned

Magic Coat and Mirror Coat hard counter almost everything Tamamo can throw at Lopunny

Magic Coat and Mirror Coat also don't work because Tamamo's witchcraft would be classified as physical moves in Pokemon. Witchcraft is her manipulating her body to perform magic-like feats, which allows it to bypass Fate's in-universe Magic Resistance.

Magic Coat reflects status moves so i dont see how them being physical will prevent them from being reflected

Also Entrainment can remove Tamamo's passives and replace them with Lopunny's Scrappy

Lopunny can also:

• Constantly heal herself with Healing Wish
  • Amp her dura with Defense Curl and Cosmic Power
  • Amp her speed with Agility
  • Survive killing blows with Endure
  • Lower Tamamo's physical AP (And thus her magic attacks) with Baby Doll Eyes and Charm
  • Confuse Tamamo with Dizzy Punch, Teeter Dance, and Sweet Kiss
  • Copy Tamamo's attacks with Copycat
  • Lock Tamamo into temporarily only being able to use one ability with Encore
  • Burn Tamamo and lower her physical power with Fire Punch
  • Paralyze Tamamo with Thunderpunch
  • Freeze Tamamo with Ice Punch
  • Amp her evasiveness should her health get low via Clutch Performer
  • Passively dodge attacks via Quick Dodger and Critical Dodger

Healing Wish does not apply to the Pokemon using it, as it causes them to faint in the process.

Instead, it is meant to heal the next Pokemon sent out, so it isn't combat applicable.

You must be thinking of the move "Wish" which the Buneary line doesn't have.

Magic Coat reflects status moves. Does it stop Pyschic or Vacuum Wave? Does it stop Flamethrower from burning? If not, then there was no point bringing them up. Mirror Coat stops special moves, not physical ones. So whichever one Lopunny uses, they're useless against Tamamo's curses. Also:

• Healing Wish faints the user, and doesn't work without allies. It is literally useless.
  • By the time she uses those stat amps, Tamamo would've busted out her NP and started spamming her curses. It would only delay the inevitable.
  • Her witchcraft would be weakened if those hit, but her regular magecraft wouldn't.
  • Copying Tamamo's curses would be ineffective, since she has resistance against curses. Plus, Tamamo can spam those curses endlessly with her NP, while Lopunny will run out of PP.
  • All of the physical contact attacks rely on actually hitting her. She can put up forcefields. Also, those status effects on contact are chance-based. Tamamo has at least 20x better luck then a normal human via D rank Luck stat.
  • Passive evasion still requires her to be fast enough to outrun the actual rain of large AOE curses.

• Agility helps a ton with avoiding spammed curses
  • Magecraft gets reflected by Mirror Coat
  • PP is game mechanics that dont apply in VS threads
  • Teeter Dance isnt contact based
  • And it does, those IQ skills allow the pokemon in question to dodge AoE attacks

Skip to 0:25 These are the AOEs in question, btw.

Evasion lets her dodge AOE attacks, sure. It's the amount of AOE attacks that poses an issue. Tamamo's NP literally brings her spell costs to zero, letting her fire off curses as much as she wants, and as big as she wants them.

Additionally, how will Lopunny even know to weaken Tamamo's physical attack? All of her main attacks don't look anything close to physical. It's easier to assume the status moves just aren't working than it is to believe that all of the long-range fire and ice attacks are somehow being naturally performed by Tamamo's body. By the time Lopunny realizes, it would be too late.

Lopunny has some definite advantages, sure. If Lopunny had prior knowledge and Tamamo didn't, the match would easily go to Lopunny. But Tamamo's win conditions are far more likely to work and are take much less time to set up.

It would just take her a moment to activate her NP, after which Lopunny can no longer take the momentum back. With Chaos Heaven being super-effective and guaranteeing a stun if the target attempts to block, Lopunny will eventually be overpowered by all the curses.

Yes, and Lopunny's evasion ability as well as her two passive dodge abilities and her huge speed amp would very easily allow her to avoid that. One use of agility alone would make her twice as fast as Tamamo, and Lopunny can use it up to three times before her speed amp caps out at 6x faster.

Lopunny's evasion ability lets her dodge things AoE with kilometers in range.

Because Lopunny only has moves that lower physical damage? Lopunny doesnt have any moves that lower Special attack without also lowering physical attack as well.

If Lopunny has no moves that lower special damage specifically, what reason would she have to even try? Defense amps would work, though.

Regardless, Lopunny can't beat Tamamo without getting close and running right into the curse spam. Long-range attacks wouldn't work since Tamamo will be able to react in time to defend or dodge with speed equalized.

Just as a reminder, Aphotic Cave can also be used, cutting the damage value of attacks to a tenth of it's original power. Plus Bestial Sky, which greatly, or drastically, boosts the power of an attack.

Because lowering your opponent's damage output is always useful in a fight?

So hold up, Tamamo can dodge or react to Lopunny's range spam and Aoe attacks but Lopunny cant do the same despite having far superior methods of avoiding attacks? How does that make sense?

And again, Teeter Dance screws Tamamo over massively

Except Aphotic Cave is a defensive barrier...?

And I don't think you understood the bit about "she can surely evade, but for how long with spammed AoE?'. Which is Sol's whole point.

Which makes me wonder, what are even Mega Lopunny's AoE options?

She can evade for as long as she needs to seeing as she has stamina that scales to pokemon that can fight for several days on top of two passive dodge assisting abilities, an evasiveness amping ability, and a stupidly good speed amp.

Shock Wave, Focus Blast, and Hyper Beam

Seeing as it exclusively cuts damage and isnt an offensive technique, more akin to Ingrain, it actually would be affected by Magic Coat

Except it doesn't, because Aphotic Cave is a physical alteration to Tamamo's body, and not something that affects Lopunny directly. Thereby bypassing Magic Coat. Seriously, we've been over this.

WeeklyBattles said:
So hold up, Tamamo can dodge or react to Lopunny's range spam and Aoe attacks but Lopunny cant do the same despite having far superior methods of avoiding attacks? How does that make sense?

And again, Teeter Dance screws Tamamo over massively
Because unless Lopunny's ranged attacks are AOE and spammable, then they don't compare to Tamamo's ranged attacks, which can also shoot said incoming attacks out of the air.

Tamamo can easily cure herself of confusion with some focus. All magi can hypnotise themselves to vastly sharpen their focus to perform spells, and Tamamo is worlds above any of them. Once she realizes Lopunny can do that, she'll just make herself immune.

Lopunny has days for stamina, while Tamamo has effectively infinite as long as Eightfold Blessing of Amaterasu is active.

The closer Lopunny gets, the easier it is to hit her. Range is in Tamamo's favour with her spam and output, and there is no way Lopunny wins a war of attrition.

Her ranged attacks are both AoE and spammable

That is still time she needs to take to do so which would leave her open

>Range is in Tamamo's favor

>Tamamo has a range of hundreds of meters vs Lopunny's tens of kilometers

nani?

Are they as spammable as Tamamo's though? It doesn't matter that Lopunny has higher range as long as she sees the attacks coming. Tamamo can easily outfire Lopunny while the latter is in her range.

Your logic is like telling me that Mitsuru Kirijo has the advantage in range just because she can hit from farther away than Gilgamesh.

Uuhhhh... Pardon me but, at what point has Hyper Beam and Focus Blast been AoE?

Like, one is a ball not much bigger than the pokemon and the other one a beam, wide but... not a lot? Am I missing something? Do they have some really big explosion that I missed in the anime or animations?

Likewise, Hyper Beam is far from spammable. You need a bit to recharge after and can't even use a move meanwhile.

Back