• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
KnightOfSunlight said:
AogiriKira said:
KnightOfSunlight said:
he has like five right now I think
Cal has some pretty odd reasonings for his biases imo.
Doesn't he also hate SMT just because YHVH is the antagonist? lol
No offense, but that's an actually stupid reason to hate a franchise.
I get the whole "subjective" argument, but God can be the antagonist in fiction, and disliking a story because of that is kind of a shitty reason.

Not to mention the series provides a pretty good argument against Christianity, and I'm saying that as a Christian.
He hates SMT cause it's broken. 90% of his reasons why he hates verses is that they're broken and unbeatable.

Also is there any more scans about nature "fearing" the beastheads?

"90% of his reasons why he hates verses is that they're broken and unbeatable"

I don't remember DMC being broken or unbeatable tho >.>

He didn't like them being 3-A for a while until Zelda got to 3-A with less scans and feats than DMC

DMC fights tooth and nail to get 3-A and is hated for it, but Zelda gets a single feat and some statements from a guide and that's fine? Sheesh

As for the Nature fearing the Beastheads thing, the writing implies that Nature was halting in direct presence of the Beastheads and slowing/"quieting" near the edge of its presence. A bit flowery, maybe, but enough for a "possibly" in my mind. I need to read the book myself to look through for anything we might have missed.

For Dante's resistance, there's the additional bit about his/Sparda's/Vergil's concept manip being because of his power, and that anything of similar power should also have that. And that since Dante can't have his name erased like other demons, well.

There's also the argument that being human means he's resistant to that specific kind of concept manip since unlike demons, human names are not the source of human power and being, and erasing that name would do virtually nothing at all to a human or its being

The concept one is weird, and in my mind the best it could get is a possibly/likely

The physics one is straight forward, there's no "implied" about it. It directly states that the laws of physics were wrestling with the beastheads.

The Fear hax is the same as the physics one, and the soul hax already has its own thread an lengthy explanation on here and that thread.

That's way too flowery to be considered legit concept hax. Unless they have blatant statements of manipulating that concept.

Passive Physics manip for Beastheads, Fear Aura for Beastheads, resistance to both for Dante.

Soul hax for Dante's attacks for DMC1 and onward

and a few other things, like type 4 and 8 immortality for V's summons

and some memeing on cal but shhhhhhh

Enhanced Senses (Soul Vision) for Dante,Vergil, Lucia and possibly others (Can see the Sargessoosodosadoaso guys who are spirits and can see the souls Hell Greed conjures)

another example of soul vision for Dante

Tony whipped out a pair of crude, bootlegged
Berettas and began spitting out fire. He pulled the triggers at
inhuman speed, loosening dozens of bullets into the corpse
until at last his chambers were empty. The monstrosity was
now nothing more than a pile of raw meat.
Grue stared, mouth agape. But only Tony could see
the beast's soul slip out of the bloody pulp and into the night
sky
with an inaudible howl

DMC3 Dante should have both Intangible and Non-corporeal NPI.

Tony sidestepped the attacked and smashed the
shadow's face with a right hook. "Too slow!" He swung a
knee into the creature's belly and followed up with a
roundhouse kick.
Although the demon appeared incorporeal, its
face portrayed agony.
The other shadows in the room
suddenly froze, as if astonished that Tony's attack had
proven effective.

Also, these creatures are able to cover the sky with clouds and block out the moon and sun but it isn't a storm so I don't know how to take that.

One things for sure, Dante definitely doesn't mind killing humans and he's pretty brutal too.He doesn't even mind hitting children and making them puke to get information from them, granted the children were following him under the orders of a gang but that's nothing compared to Dante using his bare hands to rip apart mafiosos limbs and spines or setting them on fire.Dante doesn't like needlessly taking missions that involve killing but he's more than willing to do if it is the mission, point is both "Refuses to kill normal humans" and "Overconfident and usually screws around unless he fights someone he finds is around the same level as him" isn't really true, at least not with novel Dante.

Everyone who went to the demon world or experience demonic corruption should have resistance to Disease Manipulation (also those who can control it's energy have Disease manipulation)

Tony's head began to spin, and he could feel the
bile rising in his throat. A chill raced up his spine. He
fell backward onto his haunches, assailed by a
unearthly illness. The nausea was so overpowering he
could scarcely think straight.
He forced himself to focus, willing himself
steady amidst the hurricane of adrenaline assaulting his
nervous system.
He recalled passing out shortly after defeating
Denvers' animated corpse. And then at the Oz Club,
slogging up the escalator as if wading through molasses.
The air around the hospital was thick with a supernatural
malevolence. The common thread was obvious.
Each case occurred at a nexus between the
normal world and the demon realm. An ordinary Human
would never have been able to survive the uncanny
conditions created by the interjection of that cancerous
reality. That was why the sanatorium seemed to hollow

Yo Dieno, I think we should make a Novel addition CRT, this one is already satured, I believe

I'll ask Dark to take a look at the soul stuff

can you guys like.........make a different CRT for the novels? cause seriously, you're just adding more and more and more and more for us to look at that you might as well add this in another CRT.

Theres already 4 DMC CRT going on right now and there are only 2 additions I propose. I don't mind making a novel CRT but the work load won't be different and largely more unnessessary than simply adding it here. But I am making a Gilver page.

Transmutation for Urizen and Revived Vergil was accepted ? They can control the roots of the Qliphoth which can turn people into polen and suck their blood

KnightOfSunlight said:
Though Vergil only uses it to make a chair
Are you implying that's not the most important use?

I agree with Glass, it's just one thing after the other.

So I propose that Dieno makes a thread for all the novels stuff since he is the most knowledgeable about those.

Back