• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medeus vs. Grima

Don't know. Grima and medeus have similar levels of power. Grima is stronger than other High 6-B divine dragons in the series (duma and mila), but medeus could be as well.

My boy Grima is so big Medeus can bombard it and take it down. 100% accuracy.

Grima so big all he has to do is stop flying, and anyone under die. Works 100% of the time, no exception.

Talking about size, grima is extremely massive. Is any other dragon in FE as big or nearly as big as him?

I'm pretty sure, as far as I know, Grima might take the cake for the biggest dragon we know of in the franchise.

I think strength might edge out for Grima, he's definately stronger than Duma and Mila by Awakening, and is a direct rival for Naga herself (and technically killed her in a DLC but we don't count those).

Medeus is strong, but his AP comes from fighting Arni and Marth, and even with being stronger than before as a Dark Dragon, he's still defeated in the end, so I'm not sure he's actually on par with Naga like Grima is confirmed to be.

Even then, niether of them have good kill options. Grima's hard to put down according to Naga's lines about him needed to kill himself to finish him off, and Medeus has Type 8 Immortality (what was his immortality reliant on again? I don't remember and can't get a good answer from the Wiki)

Grima probably takes the advantage though thanks to having some more useful powers in the long-run, like having a Soul Manip and a BFR option (if Grima can use it on people other than Robin, that is). So, I give it to Grima via a slight AP advantage and having more options should they end up stalemating, since I don't think there's much Medeus can do other than try brute forcing this.

Actually, the fight would just be inconclusive; neither my name nor my avatar could kill each other or bypass each other's Immortality. First of all, they're both stronger than Naga as Medeus has originally defeated Naga in his Dark Dragon Form. Earth Dragon form isn't quite as strong as Naga, but Dark Dragon did legit overpower her.

Also, I have Immortality type 8 which, the one with my name cannot be destroyed by those with darkness in their hearts. Direct quote, "As long as the darkness in your heart continues to sustain me, I cannot be destroyed!" While at the same time, Grima can only be destroyed permanently if an embodiment of himself does the finishing. Grima arguably has a bit more raw power, but neither can bypass the other's Immortality. So Inconclusive would be the most definitive outcome.

Ah, okay, that clears up both my questions about Medeus then.

Though, Grima still does have an edge with having a BFR option, if this is inconclusively stalemated...well, that exists at least. As long as that wasn't something spesific for his relationship with Robin though, which is why I was a bit iffy on it.

Grima doesn't use BFR in character and something he only specifically did against Robin.

I have no reason to argue that, honestly. He only used it once after all.

Well, guess we're Incon for this fight then.

Yes, but that would require Medeus to get over the problem that he shouldn't have any slaying options. Grima still needs to die by his his own doing or by an essance of himself to really be 'killed' and him being knocked out by Chrom's ancestor, Chrom, and Lucina was because of Flachion's power to seal Grima away.

Medeus probably can't get Grima to kill himself, isn't Robin, doesn't have Falchion or any similar power or gear like Falchion, so he doesn't really have any good options to get Grima to go to sleep or kill him. Grima might be able to be tired out by prolonged combat since he seemed to get weakened by being ganged up on, but Medeus and him are pretty good matches for power (still leaning more towards Grima, but that's not importaint thanks to the immortality), and just tired isn't exactly an incap, especially since the Falchion itself was in the equation for why he was getting worn down durring the fight anyways. so that kind of incap seems a bit dodgey if not impossible. Trading blows will probably go nowhere because of all of that. Still seems incon to me.

Medeus is pretty much stuck fighting one of the biggest dragons we've ever had, and he can't really kill or even seal him. And Grima's best option is apparently too out-of-character to be conclusive, and Medeus' Type 8 isn't going away while Grima's up in the sky being the asshole that he is. Grima's not having a change of heart any time soon, that's for sure.

Neither are stronger than naga. They are both on her level tho. With grimace it was pretty much established that neither could take down the other. And naga is irrelevant here.

Also, when has naga ever fought shadow dragon medeus? Thats actually news to me. All info i read up on both and never did that come up.

Are you talking about nagi? The possible reincarnation of naga? Not really the same people. If you mean nagi, then here's something medeus says during battle "Hmm? So... I am not the only dragon revived. I had heard you perished the last time. No matter; you've recovered even less of your power than me. This time, you have no chance!" —Medeus' battle quote versus Nagi

@Ovrhide, it's actually mentioned in the backstory that Dark Dragon Medeus fought Naga long ago and defeated her; the fight also lasted hundreds of years. It's mentioned in the backstory of Mystery of the Emblem; him defeating her was also what lead to Naga carving the fang of the Falchion and "Dying". I put dying in quotes.

Medeus and Grima are both stronger than Naga in terms of raw power, it's just Divine Dragon tend to be pseudo kryptonite for other Dragons.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@Ovrhide, it's actually mentioned in the backstory that Dark Dragon Medeus fought Naga long ago and defeated her; the fight also lasted hundreds of years. It's mentioned in the backstory of Mystery of the Emblem; him defeating her was also what lead to Naga carving the fang of the Falchion and "Dying". I put dying in quotes.

Medeus and Grima are both stronger than Naga in terms of raw power, it's just Divine Dragon tend to be pseudo kryptonite for other Dragons.
The fact that it took one hundred years its an indicatiom that he wasnt stronger, but at that level. Plus never did i see the quote that he defeated naga herself. In fact, o wpuld like to know at what part of the game that was stated on. All that i remember is that most of the divine dragons were wipe out. Ill play the game again to see if such thing is mentioned. The fact that medeus stated to nagi that "This time" she doesnt stand a chance pretty much confirms this is the first time he is outright superior to her in a less power state.

In the grand scheme of things, they three are in the same realm of power. Grima was Stated to equal her (not surpass), and medeus in his shadow dragon form is on that level as well.

Talking about the subject, i agree with you that this seems like an inconclusive battle.

And its like you said, there is more than just raw power, i dont expect anyone to rival grima in raw power. That dude can ******* bench press mountains with a finger (obvious joke is obvious)

For reference, it's not necessary to triple post. Grima is Large Country sized yes.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
For reference, it's not necessary to triple post. Grima is Large Country sized yes.
Yes i know, ill keep that in mind. He really is? I didnt know he was that big honestly.

Yeah, sure game mechanics are limited and can't really show it. And in Fire Emblem Echoes, Grima was just a baby. But there was an image shown a while back that basically confirmed his skeleton alone is large enough to cover all of Plegia. And Plegia is a fairly large country that covers around 1/4th the Continent roughly. His head to tail tip is also almost as long as the Continent of Ylisse's width.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, sure game mechanics are limited and can't really show it. And in Fire Emblem Echoes, Grima was just a baby. But there was an image shown a while back that basically confirmed his skeleton alone is large enough to cover all of Plegia. And Plegia is a fairly large country that covers around 1/4th the Continent roughly. His head to tail tip is also almost as long as the Continent of Ylisse's width.
Its funny now realising how freaking small he was when fought in echoes. Its literally impossible to compare both sizes. Tho that at least gives medeus 100% attack accuracy lol

Back