• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka vs Karna, Medaka tries to take on another Nasuverse top tier Servant

Apparently, on another thread I saw that on this wiki the Encounter isn't supposed to work against higher than Multi-City Block level attacks.

Because of this, Karna can probably even completely vaporize her with an an attack from Brahmastra Kundala or Vavasi Shakti will definitely finish her off.

GalaxianAegis said:
Apparently, on another thread I saw that on this wiki the Encounter isn't supposed to work against higher than Multi-City Block level attacks.
Not "not supposed to work", it doesn't have any showings on it working on a larger scale, but Shibuki herself said "being big, hard, heavy and fast is meaningless against Encounter". So no matter how big or fast Encounter will push it.

@Fire

You gotta get the selective intangibility for Gagamaru to end this shit. Make that thread so at least he'll have that going for him

Also, Encounter doesn't just block the damage it is capable of transferring it to other things or people in the vicinity.

NkXg2m

In all honesty a CRT should be made for Encounter in regard to Gafamaru and Medaka due to calculations of how much impact Encounter can take from a being moving at the speed of light with a mass of being who is about 250lbs the newtons will be way over 15,000,000 Netwons of force.

Mr. Common Sense said:
Also, Encounter doesn't just block the damage it is capable of transferring it to other things or people in the vicinity.
NkXg2m

In all honesty a CRT should be made for Encounter in regard to Gafamaru and Medaka due to calculations of how much impact Encounter can take from a being moving at the speed of light with a mass of being who is about 250lbs the newtons will be way over 15,000,000 Netwons of force.
Math is wrong there, 250ibs is about 110kg * 300'000km/s= 33'000'000 N of force. BUT at speed of light we could also assume it's infinite due to Enstain's E=mc^2. Speed of light = infinite striking strength.

Yeah i am joking, i know that doesn't apply to fiction, but there are other reasons why Encounter can tank shit.

When has Encounter ever been shown to work on a huge area of affect though? Karna's strong moves like Brahmastra Kundala can obliterate a large area so it's more like being inside an explosion than redirecting a punch.

That's ignoring the AP rule that's still on the profile. If that should be removed, then someone should make a CRT and get it removed.

GalaxianAegis said:
When has Encounter ever been shown to work on a huge area of affect though? Karna's strong moves like Brahmastra Kundala can obliterate a large area so it's more like being inside an explosion than redirecting a punch.
Are of effect? How is that relevant? He pushes all the dmg or just force fields his body.

@CommonSense

We cannot use the Kinetic Energy formula for Lightspeed or FTL speeds because Newtonian physics breaks down at that point.

@Reppuza

I'm not very knowledgeable at all with any formula. So, what would you use in order to measure how much force/impact Encounter ability is capable of pushing away from an opponent moving at the speed of light?

@Common Sense

You can't. It's unquantifiable under physics as we know them.

I should point out that Gagamaru has gotten injured at some point in his life. Whether or not it's before he obtained Encounter is up in the air.

In addition, Karna's own attacks become mosquito bites to him due to his armor.

Firephoenixearl said:
Are of effect? How is that relevant? He pushes all the dmg or just force fields his body.
I don't think Encounter is super relevent here. Dude's Super Death Spear seems to ignore defensive hax.

@Firepheonixearl Because it doesn't matter if you can resist the initial impact of an attack if the resulting shockwave/explosion is enough to one shot you.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I don't think Encounter is super relevent here. Dude's Super Death Spear seems to ignore defensive hax.
Hmm of what kind? Encounter only pushes the dmg (unless he force fields), he doesn't defy the attack itself.

Vasavi Shakti doesn't ignore defensive hax. It's just a really, really powerful nuke weapon by Nasuverse standards that can one-shot nearly anything in the verse.

GalaxianAegis said:
@Firepheonixearl Because it doesn't matter if you can resist the initial impact of an attack if the resulting shockwave/explosion is enough to one shot you.
Again as i said, how is that relevant? ANY dmg will be pushed away, it can come from a shockwave, person, weapon, hax or whatever you can think of, the dmg will be pushed to 1 surrounding of the user's choice.

So, it is unquantifiable under physics as we know.

See that is the problem, I mean there are tons of calculations done on Vsbattle, so weren't formulas use to determine force, kilos, joules, from beings at Speed of light or faster than it?

So, can't the same be done for Encounter too? This way in future vsbattle that involve characters like Medaka and Gagamaru we can determine just how much Encounter is able to push away. This way we can avoid inconclusive results regarding Encounters potential. Because that fact that Encounter is capable of pushing away an multi-city level attack moving at the speed of light is far beyond normal forcefield means.

@Common Sense

We run off Newtonian physics. We can't make up formulas as we go.

Unless there's a specific mention in the story that moving at the Speed of Light or faster than light is affecting AP, I don't think we can use it.

@Firephoenixearl

Note: Beware the No-Limit Fallacy. While Encounter has demonstrated no limits or exceptions, except Scar Dead, the strongest and fastest attacks it was demonstrated or reliably stated to work against where Multi-City Block level attacks performed at the Speed of Light. It can not be reliably argued that Encounter would work against vastly more powerful attacks.

Lancer of Red's Attack Potency: At least Large Planet level, possibly higher with Vasavi Shakti

Even if we'er being generous, I wouldn't give Encounter any more then City Level Dura.

Back