• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka content revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listing the numbers without further information makes your posts hard to follow

Antvasima said:
Just listing the numbers without further information makes your posts hard to follow
I listed the numbers that were agreed by most ppl. The numbers correspond to the numbers of the topic.

Well, you need to summarise what you are referring to in order to make it easier to follow the discussion. If you do not, this thread will likely not lead anywhere.

Antvasima said:
Well, you need to summarise what you are referring to in order to make it easier to follow the discussion. If you do not, this thread will likely not lead anywhere.
Ok will keep in mind for next time. Now time for ppl to settle on the OP points.

Sigh. I have tried to alude to that this thread is very long, and it is much easier to reach a conclusion if we make the structure easier to follow by summarising all of the consensus so far for the different points. But if you are not able to help in this regard, perhaps somebody else can do so.

Antvasima said:
Sigh. I have tried to alude to that this thread is very long, and it is much easier to reach a conclusion if we make the structure easier to follow by summarising all of the consensus so far for the different points. But if you are not able to help in this regard, perhaps somebody else can do so.
Well not a lot of progress has been made so far but ok i will do a recap on every point that has been reached to a conclusion. I mean most of this has been "this is wanked" and "all fiction can do that" so out of topic discussions. Which i would urge everyone to not engage in them anymore.

So the all in all progress made is (the numbers correspond to the numbers of the OP topics):

1) It hasn't been argued or disproved but since there is proof, I don't see why anyone would disagree. (it has a feat)

1.1) Also concluded. The profile info wasn't wrong, nor is this much different, just to say that Bookmaker gets ppl on the level of a minus, since saying "kumagawa" can be confusing.

2) Agreed by everyone. In different ways, but everyone agrees.

3) Agreed for the most part, though not rly talked about. Still "infinite" should be added either way due to all fiction (even without counting ajimu's abilities).

4) 100% Agreed

5) Ppl agreed to have the link added even though it would be useless. So i say add (and a note on abilities being banned unless they are clear on definition like "instant movement skill")

6) As you said, while it is risky to give "all free" power creation (it's too broken). I think we keep it on the powers hanten has been shown to be able to use along with Devil style.

7) It's still in discussion on whether it should be added.

8) This is basically treated as fact by now. So it should be changed ASAP.

9) In discussion. So let's wait on this to get argued a bit more before saying anything else.

10) This is just true, no matter how much it's low balled, authority still is authority, same for divinity. The abilities can't be used but the fact that Medaka copied them means that it's not limited to "authority" or "divinity".

11) This is also true in 2 ways. 1 is she fought Zenkichi and the 2nd via Power Creation.

So did i do a good job on the recap?

I barely know the series, but i will help Ant and trying to undertand Fire requests:

1] The Bookmaker is a sealing ability that makes her opponent weaker than a minus, but since i don't know what it means, the last part should be not taken unless is better explained.

2] Abilities like All fiction that allows to manifest or use against most fictional abilities and turn all of existance into nothingness do not work on Medaka.

3] Medaka gets Infinite stats rating for copying/obtaining powers from an omnipotent being as Fire stated.

4] Same as 2.

5] Medaka should have listed all the abilities she copied from Ajimu, the omnipotent being, including Omniscience as said by Fire.

6] Medaka gets life creation, power creation and power bestowal.

7] Medaka gets the ability to create, manipulate, remove, change, etc, the supernatural energies/properties in all beings that give them their powers, including themselves, thus allowing every variation of superpowers manipulative abilities.

8] Medaka can't replicate a feat, but can replicate any skills that can cause a feat.

9] Medaka gets that she is not bound by dimensions and is in a higher stater of being.

10] Medaka gets abilities like Life and Death Manipulation, Creation and Control, Destruction, Divine Protection from evil beings and etc. since what is said in 5.

11] Medaka gets that she nullifies fate, plot, probabilities and narration from interfering with her.

While i don't have that problems for the abilities, but for the infinite stats. So, it is more safe for Unknown because its linked to a rather Omnipotent Unknown character [that her unknown rating was discussed to remain many times] that might receive her incredibly high tier since Medaka obtained stats from her.

@Dark649

Thank you for the help. I do not think that we can give Medaka any abilities that she has not been stated to possess, nor that the consensus is that it is acceptable to do so.

Undemonstrated infinite statistics are also a big no-no.

However, if there are abilities that she has been stated to possess that are not listed within her page, we can probably add them.

Antvasima said:
@Dark649
Thank you for the help. I do not think that we can give Medaka any abilities that she has not been stated to possess, nor that the consensus is that it is acceptable to do so.

Undemonstrated infinite statistics are also a big no-no.

However, if there are abilities that she has been stated to possess that are not listed within her page, we can probably add them.
The problem with this part, is the abilities listed in the wall of text.

Is she stated to have them? Yes, that's why they are there.

But there's skills there like "create universe skill" in there.

Well, perhaps we could add the straightforward powers, but ignore the power level associated with that particular skill?

Alternately we could simply let the profile pages remain as they are.

Pretty sure that would annoy the MB fans

And I KNOW WE DON'T WRITE PROFILES TO PLEASE FANS, but abilities that she is listed as having should be indexed on her page.

Just list the powers and keep her at Unknown.

What it says now:

Unknow (It was stated that she created a universe. However, since she comes from a metafictional parody manga, it is uncertain whether or not this should be taken seriously)

Way we could rewrite it

Unknow (Has a "Create New Universe skill", however it is unknown how large this universe would be)

Also, I just saw this. For the justification of "Unknown with Book Maker", it lists "Kumagawa sealed an exact copy of Ajimu with little difficulty while using the same ability". However, the image only shows him actually stabbing the copy with the screws, and I don't see anything saying she was actually brought down to his level.

I like "Unknow (Has a "Create New Universe skill", however the nature of this ability and how it'd go about creating a new universe is completely unspecified. As well this statement, if treated as its highest interpretation, being extremely inconsistent with every other feat shown by her)"

Well, I suppose that could work, but do not know which powers that we need to add.

Kumagawa defeated the Ajimu Najimi copy, so it is at least heavily implied that his screws/bookmaker worked on her.

Antvasima said:
Kumagawa defeated the Ajimu Najimi copy, so it is at least heavily implied that his screws/bookmaker worked on her.
I haven't seen the whole scene, only that image, so I'm likely missing context, but he did still stab her with a bunch of screws. Actually power nulling / sealing her wouldn't be necessary to defeat her.

I think that Ryukama's suggestion is good.

Regular physical attacks should not work on Najimi, and Kumagama uses bookmaker via his screws, so it is at least heavily implied that he sealed her abilities.

Well, we still have to work out which abilities that we should add from the wall of text.

Just link the Wall of Text in the Gallery, and in her powers an abilities section just add:

", has supposedly hundreds of other skills and abilities (See Gallery)"

I have no life. I could go through that entire wall of text and put in what powers it'd give her.

With the caption "Supposedly has ___, ___, ___, etc. (See Gallery)"

The problem with that is that they would be applied on versus threads. We need to make clear that they are supposed powers, not definitive things which can be applies in versus.

I mean, there's powers in there like "standing on the edge of a blade skill" and "use swords and guns at the same time skill", so it's not all going to be linked to powers and abilities. Some of it could also be added to other sections, for example "Apostrophe Shake: No miscalculations skill" could be added to her intelligence section.

That's why they have the caption supposed.

I also just read the wall and almost none of them are even useful for combat though.

I don't really want to bother anymore though.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The problem with that is that they would be applied on versus threads. We need to make clear that they are supposed powers, not definitive things which can be applies in versus.
I don't necessarily see this as a problem.

Sure they'd be brought up. And then what would be used to counter?

"what's the most it's done"

"what's the highest resistance it's beaten"

etc.

The answer to all those questions is of course "None because it has no showings", so we just assume they are all baseline and continue with the debate.

Ryukama said:
I don't really want to bother anymore though.
Pity.

Well I'm not that bothered either, but I guess I could go through. Even if non-combat applicable, indexing them is still a worthy goal.

I'll go through them some time in the next 24 hours, I'm a little busy currently though.

I meant because I have no idea what to even call many of these abilities, and I'm really busy with other stuff. Sorry to come off bad.

If you could do that it'd be tremendously appreciated though.

Wait i could do that. The thing with ajimu's abilities (in like 7h doe after i come back from school). I don't mind. Also yeah i think that some of the abilities are pretty straight forward and don't need "showings" for limits and stuff. Example "make instant movements skill" or "make no misscalculations skill", stuff like that, that are pretty easy to get a grasp of what they do even without a showing.

Also just "infinite" on her speed stat would be good enough. There are many abilities that could achieve that. So i say do sth like this "Infinite through All Fiction and "make instant movements skill" (i will find the names for Make instant movement and the others when im back).

Also since u want me to reexplain the topics here it is: 1. Medaka's Bookmaker has the topic of "weaker" not "on the same level as the user".

1.1. Bookmaker makes u as good as a minus in everyway.

2. Medaka can turn off Scar Dead and Encounter.

3.Medaka's speed stat should be infinite with full powers.

4. Medaka can turn off Unknown Hero.

5. We should add link to Ajimu's skills on Medaka's profile.

6. Medaka copied Hanten's power creation, which is missing from her profile.

7. Medaka has possibly copied power manipulation from Shiranui.

8. The end can copy any skill, not raw power. (change on her profile)

9. The End can copy stuff independed of Medaka's state of existence.

10. The End can copy divinity and authority.

11. Medaka is missing Devil Style from her profile.

@Firephoenixearl

The staff have reached a decision. I would appreciate if you would stop interfering or nothing will get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back