• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka Box General - New LN Translation!!!!

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
Chapter one of Medaka Box Juvenile has now been translated! There's no estimate for the next chapter's translation, but it's alive and in progress!

It covers the Medaka Box crew in Middle School, where Medaka and Zenkichi met Kouki, Ajimu, and Kumagawa. This was originally released as an audio drama with the anime, with the novel being a written re-release of it.

Last edited:
10/12 chapters are now translated, you can find them all here.

There were a lot in GLK, but not so much here. There's just some mild basketball skill feats for Medaka.

Depending on what happens in the last 2 chapters, there could be an anti-feat for Medaka though. She says that while she's hyped up as some kind of undefeated person that would never lose, there are times when she loses; she only wins when she needs to win. This could put a limit on her bullshit luck (and maybe on Iihiko's too, since he has the same thing as Medaka).

EDIT: All of the chapters are translated now! The anti-feat is real.

Last edited:
i mean , if it was in middle school , medaka clearly have improved since then ,when we meet her in tome 1 .

Feat from a younger medaka can't really be used to oppose the clear feats she have in the manga .

i mean , if it was in middle school , medaka clearly have improved since then ,when we meet her in tome 1 .

Feat from a younger medaka can't really be used to oppose the clear feats she have in the manga .
Depend of the feat

The anti-feat is about her luck; clarifying that she doesn't always win, she only wins when she has to win. I wouldn't expect this to change much as she got older. Hell, the LN was narrated as her talking to Torai around chapter 140-141, the way she talked about herself being able to use didn't indicate she could only lose in middle school.

To begin with the conclusion, the game between I, Kurokami Medaka, and my predecessor, Chinu Namaji, ended in her victory—and the fact that it ended in her victory also meant, naturally, that it ended in my defeat.

There have been many times where the likes of Zenkichi would hype me up as some kind of undefeated person that would never lose, that would never suffer a defeat, but, well, this could act as evidence that that wasn’t exactly the case—there were times when even I would lose.

I would win when I needed to win—but even though I say that, the question is where to differentiate, where to judge, in which situations I would need to win and in which situations I wouldn’t need to win.

Who decided when I needed to win and when I didn’t need to win?

In situations when I didn’t need to win, did that mean I needed to lose?

Did a situation when I needed to lose even exist in this world?—if it did, when would that be? “Sometimes loss is the best gain” or “to flee is to win” are sayings that are often said—but if you’re gaining something from loss, then based on the idea of damage control, it’s almost like a victory, and if to flee is to win, then you’re winning by fleeing, which means that’s just a normal victory.

Back