• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet we still consider all the Spider-Men equal even with showings such as this
Because they are equal in power, nothing has shown us any of them are stronger or weaker than each other

If the film wanted us to know one of them was blatantly stronger, they’d tell us

A more reasonable assumption would be that Gobby is just built different.
The way the Raimi movies portray Goblin is that he’s almost as strong as Spider-Man, but pretty much takes full advantage of his skill, arsenal, and cunning nature to be an effective threat

I just realized that Edith is still on the table and why the hell did he not use that in the movie? That would've made things so much easier for him.

It got taken away because of the Mysterio controversy, though it’s back on the table given this matchup isn’t having that plot stuff interfere.
How the **** didn't I notice that when watching the movie? I guess it makes sense to get rid of his most broken tool at his disposal so he didn't breeze through the villains.

Experience doesn't really hold precedence here because MCU Spider-Man has fought more than his fair share of opponents and been in a multitude of situations.

For instance, MCU Cap has an insane experience edge over MCU Spidey but the latter still won that versus thread.

Gonna need a better reasoning. It's more thorough than simply boiling it down to experience.
Gonna expand on this a bit.

So aside from Peter beating both Bucky and Sam at the same time, it should be noted that an Early Spider-Man only used his martial arts and standard webs against Cap. Tony obviously was correct that skill wise during Civil War and Homecoming, Steve is superior, but when he says that he's not accounting for the additional tech that Peter would unlock in his suit or what he makes by himself later on.

The counters Steve used on Peter would not work if the latter used Taser Webs during their fight and I'd even wager that web grenades would give him some problems.

Gonna expand on this a bit.

So aside from Peter beating both Bucky and Sam at the same time, it should be noted that an Early Spider-Man only used his martial arts and standard webs against Cap. Tony obviously was correct that skill wise during Civil War and Homecoming, Steve is superior, but when he says that he's not accounting for the additional tech that Peter would unlock in his suit or what he makes by himself later on.

The counters Steve used on Peter would not work if the latter used Taser Webs during their fight and I'd even wager that web grenades would give him some problems.
Here's the thing, Far From Home Spidey has massively shaped up since then and if let loose against Cap with no morals attached, he'd easily take that fight. Which he did in that thread.

Here's the thing, Far From Home Spidey has massively shaped up since then and if let loose against Cap with no morals attached, he'd easily take that fight. Which he did in that thread.
Yeah, my thoughts are the same, I definitely can't imagine Steve keeping up with Spidey as of FFH. I'm essentially just saying that well after the events of Civil War and Homecoming, both Peter's arsenal and skill were expanded upon further, which is fairly telling as he did well in Berlin

Then all these matches should be removed from the profiles. Stomp is no wincon, Raimi's Spider-Man can do nothing here.
How would it be a stomp if they're practically equal to each other, makes no valuable sense

How would it be a stomp if they're practically equal to each other, makes no valuable sense
Raimi Peter's reasons for victory have been debunked, which leaves Raimi Peter without wincons.

Even though Raimi Peter has some way to win, he cannot achieve that wincon in practice for the reasons already covered above, and a stomp also encompasses a wincon that cannot be reached.

Either way, Raimi spiderman isn't new to fighting people with high tech

Tom still got overpowered by doc ock who has stronger arms
The context there is far different. Peter didn't use every option against him (likely because of the situation) and was partially focused on keeping civilians safe. Yes, Ock scales to the Iron Spider and upscales the Base Spider-Men, but he's not a valid argument for the tech topic

I was asked to close this thread due to it being a stomp. Is this correct?

Okay. Never mind then. I will unfollow this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back