• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
PK not getting what he wants:
images

One last thing ... you all can go against official WoG Kevin Feige canon if you want, and live in headcanon. Yet the same book uses the same word – "SUPERCHARGING" – to describe Electro bringing his body back when he first appears in NWH. This book is using the same word here as with Thanos in my OP image, because the words mean the same thing in these contexts. Electricity is energy for Electro. My OP image says the Gauntlet's energy supercharged Thanos. This happened. It's canon. Cope.

No Caption Provided
Same book says the Space Stone "SUPERCHARGED" Captain Marvel, same word used in the OP image for Thanos with the full Infinity Gauntlet and Electro first appearing with the wires in NWH. It's now irrefutable that the OP image means Thanos got amped by all the Stones when Thor cut open his chest and could have killed Thanos had Thor gone for the head.

No Caption Provided

The only thing the Thanos thing affects is Stormbreaker (counteracts the stones, but Thanus could be considered separate from that "feature") and Endgame Captain Marvel (overpowering and possibly wounding Thanos if she struck, but the thing is both other uses of SUPERCHARGED deals with two characters who are explicit energy absorbers, this would put characters on par or above Carol at astronomical levels they do not demonstrate on the normal 616 plane of existence. Like, I think every site is wack, but this is just s bit much.

Also, taking the book's colorful use of words to heart is a bit foolhardy given characters who got beat up badly were "pulverized". I believe it was Bucky in FaTWS, Loki in AA, and someone else.

Last edited:
Also, taking the book's colorful use of words to heart is a bit fool harder given characters who got beat up badly were "pulverized". I believe it was Bucky in FaTWS, Loki in AA, and someone else.
Kurse was described as pulverising Thor, but Thor was still withstanding Kurse's attacks pretty well and not being reduced to dust
and Endgame Captain Marvel (overpowering and possibly wounding Thanos if she struck
Thanos withstood Captain Marvel's attacks with little issue

Kurse was described as pulverising Thor, but Thor was still withstanding Kurse's attacks pretty well and not being reduced to dust

Thanos withstood Captain Marvel's attacks with little issue
Uh, yeah, that's my point. What they say happened is very much extreme in comparison to what actually happened.

I'm not saying she could harm this supposed universal Thanos (passive durability). Just that this is what is assumed of her (she was about to defeat Thanos).

The only thing the Thanos thing affects is Stormbreaker (counteracts the stones, but Thanus could be considered separate from that "feature") and Endgame Captain Marvel (overpowering and possibly wounding Thanos if she struck, but the thing is both other uses of SUPERCHARGED deals with two characters who are explicit energy absorbers, this would put characters on par or above Carol at astronomical levels they do not demonstrate on the normal 616 plane of existence. Like, I think every site is wack, but this is just s bit much.

Also, taking the book's colorful use of words to heart is a bit fool harder given characters who got beat up badly were "pulverized". I believe it was Bucky in FaTWS, Loki in AA, and someone else.
Except the book also says "The Hulk attacks Thanos but is no match for the Power Stone he now wields and is subdued easily." Since Thanos did not activate the Power Stone during that fight, and the Power Stone amped Ronan's body, the Power Stone also amped Thanos. So there is no reason to think "supercharge" has any other meaning with the Thanos image than with the Electro and Captain Marvel images. It's jumping through hoops to avoid the obvious. Why WOULDN'T the Stones amp Thanos like they have with Ronan, Captain Marvel, Malekith, and Wanda? This is what "supercharge" means.

Except the book also says "The Hulk attacks Thanos but is no match for the Power Stone he now wields and is subdued easily."
Except the point of showing Thanos easily defeating Hulk isn't to show that Thanos is dangerous only because he has the Power Stone, and there's multiple statements from official Marvel sources that blatantly contradict it

Uh, yeah, that's my point. What they say happened is very much extreme in comparison to what actually happened.
This book is WoG Kevin Feige blessed canon. It literally says "official" on the cover, and has his name on the cover. To claim anything in it is false is the definition of headcanon. At most, the book is a retcon. That still makes it fact. Believing anything else is delusional.

Except the point of showing Thanos easily defeating Hulk isn't to show that Thanos is dangerous only because he has the Power Stone, and there's multiple statements from official Marvel sources that blatantly contradict it
This book is the most up to date official Marvel source on the matter. Denying the truth of what it says is delusional. You're also ignoring that the Power Stone amped Ronan's body, and in that scene Thanos had the Power Stone. So his body was amped too.

So I guess Thor was reduced to dust when Kurse was overpowering. That's CRAAAAAAAAAZY
Play semantic games to avoid what's obvious. We know the Power Stone amped Ronan's body, the Space Stone amped Captain Marvel's body, the Reality Stone amped Malekith's body, and the Mind Stone amped Wanda's body. We know Thanos had the Power Stone when he fought Hulk, and Thanos had all the Stones when Thor cut open Thanos' chest and even Thanos admitted a head cut would have killed him then. The book gives at least three uses of "supercharge" and two of them (Electro and Captain Marvel) even you all would not doubt means to empower the person. To act like that's not the case for Thanos use of "supercharge" when the book also says "The Hulk attacks Thanos but is no match for the Power Stone he now wields and is subdued easily" ... is flat wrong.

You're also ignoring that the Power Stone amped Ronan's body, and in that scene Thanos had the Power Stone. So his body was amped too.
Ronan has explicitly uncontradicted confirmation that he was amped that is vaguely supported by the movie itself with Ronan denouncing Thanos as the most powerful being in the universe after getting the Power Stone

Thanos has multiple statements of him not being amped by the Marvel website, Marvel guidebooks and the directors of the film that all support and clarify what is shown in the movie. But noooooo, let's ignore all of that for a few statements that contradict the scene and the very reason why it was made in the first place

Ronan has explicitly uncontradicted confirmation that he was amped that is vaguely supported by the movie itself with Ronan denouncing Thanos as the most powerful being in the universe after getting the Power Stone

Thanos has multiple statements of him not being amped by the Marvel website, Marvel guidebooks, the directors and screenwriters of the film that all support and clarify what is shown in the movie. But noooooo, let's ignore all of that for a few statements that contradict the scene and the very reason why it was made in the first place
All of those statements came BEFORE. Retcons exist in comic books, which these films are based on. RETCONS HAPPEN. This is one. Choose not to accept it. But that's on you.

Except the book also says "The Hulk attacks Thanos but is no match for the Power Stone he now wields and is subdued easily." Since Thanos did not activate the Power Stone during that fight, and the Power Stone amped Ronan's body, the Power Stone also amped Thanos. So there is no reason to think "supercharge" has any other meaning with the Thanos image than with the Electro and Captain Marvel images. It's jumping through hoops to avoid the obvious. Why WOULDN'T the Stones amp Thanos like they have with Ronan, Captain Marvel, Malekith, and Wanda? This is what "supercharge" means.
Because Thanos isn't Ronan, and the Infinity Guantlet isn't the Cosmic-Rod (or Malekith).

The guantlet was designed for the stones, and it is explicitly only usefull when the wielder makes a fist (or snaps). The power that flows through a wielder's body has to be withstood, and has not otherwise been stated to amp the user (until this use of SUPERCHARGED). The Stark guantlets were modeled after and Function like the dwarven guantlet, and showcase the constant destructive flow of energy. The Cosmic Rod on the other hand was not designed for the power stone, and should therefore not be held to the same standard of function. It functions much like a buffer, or like how the Guadians mitigated the strain of the stone, resulting in all of them gaining the purple glow in their eyes, something no guantlet user got.

The Aether is explicitly different from the other stones, and does not put the same strain on its host (not wielder/user).

Because Thanos isn't Ronan, and the Infinity Guantlet isn't the Cosmic-Rod (or Malekith).

The guantlet was designed for the stones, and it is explicitly only usefull when the wielder makes a fist (or snaps). The power that flows through a wielder's body has to be withstood, and has not otherwise been stated to amp the user (until this use of SUPERCHARGED). The Stark guantlets were modeled after and Function like the dwarven guantlet, and showcase the constant destructive flow of energy. The Cosmic Rod on the other hand was not designed for the power stone, and should therefore not be held to the same standard of function. It functions much like a buffer, or like how the Guadians mitigated the strain of the stone, resulting in all of them gaining the purple glow in their eyes, something no guantlet user got.

The Aether is explicitly different from the other stones, and does not put the same strain on its host (not wielder/user).
Retcons exist in comic books, which these films are based on. RETCONS HAPPEN. This is one. Choose not to accept it. But that's on you.

This book is WoG Kevin Feige blessed canon. It literally says "official" on the cover, and has his name on the cover. To claim anything in it is false is the definition of headcanon. At most, the book is a retcon. That still makes it fact. Believing anything else is delusional.
I'm not saying it's false. Feige is the god of the MCU. I just don't interpret the statement in the same way you do. Especially because my interpretation doesn't contradict the statements made by the most important directors of the MCU, who I reckon might've had a word with Feige, and because it works with other established aspects of the verse.

Retcons exist in comic books, which these films are based on. RETCONS HAPPEN. This is one. Choose not to accept it. But that's on you.
They do indeed. They also just don't fit with anything prior, which is why they're called retconns, while this statement can. Calling it one does not make it so.

Nah, forget that. I'm still here. Because I know I'm right and you're all delusional / desperate. Come at me. This image below doesn't even say "supercharge". It says "as Thanos SURGES WITH POWER from his completed Infinity Gauntlet, Thor strikes him in the chest with Stormbreaker". So I guess you all can grasp to the bizarre logic that none of the words in this book mean anything and can be interpreted in any way you want for your own headcanon.

No Caption Provided

@ParkerKent007 please stop insulting people's intelligence just because they disagree with you. It is quite immature and unprofessional. If you wish to debate, you may in a civilized manner, but if you cannot do that. It may be best if you leave it. You have said, "You're done" multiple times and seem to keep going which sounds self contradictory, but repeated topics aren't going to get you far around here. Thank you.

@ParkerKent007 please stop insulting people's intelligence just because they disagree with you. It is quite immature and unprofessional. If you wish to debate, you may in a civilized manner, but if you cannot do that. It may be best if you leave it. You have said, "You're done" multiple times and seem to keep going which sounds self contradictory, but repeated topics aren't going to get you far around here. Thank you.
Block me, bar me from the site, or purge my posts from the record. VS Battles has gone into deep headcanon on an MCU lowballing, and is not accepting the facts of this newest official canon book. People have said much worse to me here. Look at the images above mocking me.

The most obvious thing is that Iron Man tells everyone not to protracted, grab the Infinity Gauntlet and take it far away. Dr. Strange told his cape not to let Thanos Snap fingers. It's clear that in order to use the power of the Infinity Stones, Thanos must clench his fists or snap his fingers, and the Infinity Gauntlet is designed for this to use its power through infinity gauntlet

The most obvious thing is that Iron Man tells everyone not to protracted, grab the Infinity Gauntlet and take it far away. Dr. Strange told his cape not to let Thanos Snap fingers. It's clear that in order to use the power of the Infinity Stones, Thanos must clench his fists or snap his fingers, and the Infinity Gauntlet is designed for this to use its power through infinity gauntlet
To use specific powers, yes, agreed. That is not about passive automatic body amping.

Block me, bar me from the site, or purge my posts from the record. VS Battles has gone into deep headcanon on an MCU lowballing, and is not accepting the facts of this newest official canon book. People have said much worse to me here. Look at the images above mocking me.
maybe we would have believed your takes if you debated properly for fk sake instead of crying like a baby for no reason

maybe we would have believed your takes if you debated properly for fk sake instead of crying like a baby for no reason
On my very first CRT post on VS Battles, someone publicly told me to take it down because they were working on a similar post that had not gone live yet. That was my greeting and intro to proper debating here.

Also, someone here just said I'm "crying like a baby for no reason" but somehow that's not insulting my intelligence and not immature and unprofessional? Cool.

The debate over if the explosion yield formula could be applicable to Thor's Jotunheim feat seemed to just sort of drop off, even though it didn't seem like there was much actual resolution, and there seemed to be a decent amount of evidence supporting it.

As for episode 4 of Loki season 2:

Now that we have more context on the recording that Loki found in the season premiere, I guess the date of 06.12.2321 on the recording applies to the aftermath of the Multiversal War?

Miss Minutes just seems to keep getting creepier over time.

Rest in spaghetti, Victor Timely.

Well, I'm glad there's still two more episodes left in the season.

Back