• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That's so weird because the Frost Beast is just an animal but for some reason its DNA allows Gravik and G'iah to use Frost Giant abilities
Didn’t it shoot Ice Spikes from it’s tail? 🤔 Idk, but either way that just means its a ability for the race.

Some....interesting concepts from the No Way Home artbook that didn't make it into the movie, for better or worse:

F2EyC-tX0AEaAmD

F2EyDelXsAAKEat

czaanvfsfleb1.png

zbffm2kufleb1.png

Even though I like how MCU Spideys mask looks it would’ve been awesome to see him with the McFarlane lenses at the end

Finished watching Secret Invasion. It was really meh at best.

The whole concept was honestly badly handled. The series only has a few moments where the Skrull invasion feels as gigantic as it should, other than that the paranoia of the whole situation is left unused and it doesn't feel like a gigantic problem. It doesn't help that the Skrulls portrayal is kind of wasted. Captain Marvel depicted them as peaceful refugiees and now, the series tells us there's a radicalized faction that behaves just like the comics (yes, they give us a reason but it's still pretty badly done and it almost feels like a retcon, like "Shit, we can't make Secret Invasion, we showed the Skrulls to be a reference to preceaful refugiees! Quickly, let's say there's only one bad group so we can still make them evil and make our series!"
Another problem are the final ten minutes of the President going full "Let's genocide all aliens and unleash paranoid mobs and even encouraging them to be like that". Taking aside the fact that it lacks any form of subtelty and is just there to give a message about racism that could have been handled much better, it only happens at the very end of the series, which is a serious wasted potential cause it could have been used from the beginning, would have been great to instill that aura of fear and paranoia (especially in a series FOCUSED on paranoia). And not only that, before this the President was shown to be relatively restrained and suddenly, 180° and he turns into the absolute stereotype of Trump and even kind of a sociopath. Yes, being directly in danger can affect you but again, this has no subtelty, it feels utterly forced just to spells out the moral about racism and it severly clashes with how he was portrayed before.

The fighting and action scenes are also lacking compared to many other series. The bombing scene at the beginning is great but the rest is meh, there's barely any tension and it feels wasted. The final fight is honestly boring, another people-sharing-the-same-powers battle and at this point it feels boring. Most new characters aside from Gravik are meh as well and even Gravik is mostly memorable because of his actor's charisma, other than that his personnality is pretty bland and I really felt the show was struggling to show him both as a complex and sincere individual and a murderous jerk but didn't really succeed.

The show definitely has strong thematics, shocking moments (Talos and Maria's death), some interesting reveals (Rodey) and other good stuff but it really doesn't feel like the big event it should have been (not to mention the next entry is The Marvels which will deal with cosmic matters so the consequences of the events won't be explored in that movie and certainly not in Loki so again, it feels like it's wasted). Overall, it should have been much better than this.

4/10

Last edited:
The Loki trailer looks pretty great. It seems Loki is getting more abilities to play with and I also can't wait to see Victor Timely or other Variants. I just hope Loki won't be turned into a full-blown hero and will retain some mischief

I wonder if "time-slipping" is the same as glitching from Spider-Verse or something new entirely

I wonder if "time-slipping" is the same as glitching from Spider-Verse or something new entirely
I'd say something else entirely. In Spider-Verse, it's explicitly stated to be the result of being in a universe where you don't belong (which...causes some weird logic with the rest of the MCU since TONS of characters are seen wandering in alternate universes without suffering particular consequences). For Loki, the trailer explicitly says he's pulled through time, which is very different

Also we should probably merge the two MCU Loki profiles into one
Disagree. The two Lokis are different enough that they can have their own profile. Series Loki even shows abilities and a degree of power his Sacred Timeline never showed (like energy projection)

Disagree. The two Lokis are different enough that they can have their own profile. Series Loki even shows abilities and a degree of power his Sacred Timeline never showed (like energy projection)
I was thinking if we merged the profiles we could separate them by keys which might be better them having two similar but different profiles. Also Variant Lokis page at the very least could use some clean up and extra justifications, this is more me criticizing myself though since I'm the one who made the profile.

I was thinking if we merged the profiles we could separate them by keys which might be better them having two similar but different profiles. Also Variant Lokis page at the very least could use some clean up and extra justifications, this is more me criticizing myself though since I'm the one who made the profile.
Meh, the two are different characters instead of the same at two different points of time or power so two profiles are good

My only issue about the Loki Variant profile is the main picture, which I don't really dig but the rest is ok for me

This calc is going to need an evaluation. If it's accurate, we could be getting Class M Moon Knight.

Now if someone can figure out how the heck to calc that darn pillar feat...

Back