• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Details on Hala's sun, from a recent article featuring VFX supervisor Jamie Macdougall on The Marvels:

Equally impressive are the solar collapse and restoration that bookend the film. Macdougall notes that the production had a science advisor who provided insight into how stars die. “Quite a lot of thought went into how it should happen,” he recalls. “As the star dies and loses its fuel, it grows bigger and bigger before gravity kicks in, and it implodes. This process occurs over vast time frames, but since the imminent death of the sun is an important story point, our task was to take this concept and imagine it in a way that conveyed urgency. It provides weight and drama to Captain Marvel’s mission.”

At the end of the film, the process is reversed. Captain Marvel uses her expanded powers to restart the sun. Paetsch says that it was important that this spectacular transformation also appear convincing. “It took a lot of conceptual work and experimentation with different approaches to three-dimensional simulations,” he recalls. “There were multiple layers, complex details and structures within structures, all of which are moving.”

He adds that they also had to integrate Captain Marvel into the scene. “She disappears into the sun, which is heated to millions of degrees, and our job was to make the audience believe that she is causing its regeneration to happen,” notes Barrack. “You see her energy beams emanating through the gaps and rippling across the solar surface as the crumbling structure fixes itself. It becomes smooth and beautifully bright. The team did a marvelous job in creating something that has never been seen before.”

The restoration of the sun gives way to a climactic view of the Hala capital once again bathed in light. “Hero shots like these are a wonderful opportunity for our team to shine,” concludes Macdougall. “Both the cityscape and the solar sequences were massive in size and scope. They challenged our ability to solve problems and gave us a chance to flex our creative muscles. The results look fantastic.”

Last edited:
That's my street level rework blog finished (actually nvm I just remembered I need to do Bullseye lol). There's a couple character's missing but I can handle them whenever everything is being applied. I'll start working on the actual CRT now. Here's the sandbox:
Wait, Kate's profile seems weird, she is up to 8-C physically higher with arrows? Why would KAte be physically superior to Jessica who actually has super powers?

Because she uses Hawkeye's arrows which can hurt super soldier level characters
But you wrote
At least Street level (Can defeat groups of Tracksuit Mafia henchmen.[1][2][3] Overpowered Kazi Kazimierczak)[2], possibly Small Building level (Knocked Yelena Belova over a chair with a kick)[3], up to Building level+, likely higher with arrows (Uses Clint Barton's arrows)
That's very weirdly phrased as it implies she is building level+ physically when she can only reach that with arrows.
Also you have "possibly" in the attack potency part but on the tiers it's different
At least 9-C, up to 8-C, likely higher with arrows

The Netflix Marvel upgrade thread is up now:

Am I the only one who didn't like his character in season 3?
Nah he's my goat
tumblr_pgxqfwYyFY1uqfsrjo4_400.gif

Question for mcu Thanos, what's the minimum regeneration for a character to regenerate back from the snap? Assuming no resistance for the character.

Now that I think about it, does Thanos snap completely delete you out of existence or does it send you to a different dimension with how pruning works in Loki?

How did the gauntlet turned people to dust? It seems kinda hard ti imagine that the gauntlet heated everyone until they become ashes since no one seems to heat. Could it be transmutation? Depending on how then wouldn't it be different?
It's not that unbelievable since the gauntlet had the Reality Stone that it's just transmutation

Back