• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One early concern I have is too many pieces of content in too short of a timeframe.

Infinity Saga: Iron Man - Far From Home (2008 - 2019. Eleven Years)

Multiverse Saga: WandaVision - Secret Wars (2021-2025. Little less than 6 years) Dates subject to change

Infinity Saga had 23 Films

Multiverse Saga is set for 15 films and 14 shows (not counting Spiderman Freshman year or I am Groot.

One early concern I have is too many pieces of content in too short of a timeframe.

Infinity Saga: Iron Man - Far From Home (2008 - 2019. Eleven Years)

Multiverse Saga: WandaVision - Secret Wars (2021-2025. Little less than 6 years) Dates subject to change

Infinity Saga had 23 Films

Multiverse Saga is set for 15 films and 14 shows (not counting Spiderman Freshman year or I am Groot.
This is a massive problem. And the shows make it worse, back then the MCU TV Shows were side specials in terms of the canon MCU (Agents of Shield was initially tied to the MCU but eventually went to do it's own thing overtime, other shows were set on the street and had no major ties to the MCU), so while they were great, you did not need to watch them if you wanted to understand the MCU. Now, all the shows are treated like full movies and influence movie plot points (Wandavision/MoM, Falcon and Bucky/Captain America 4, Loki/Ant-Man + Avengers, Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel Two). They are considered feature movies

Last edited:
Finished watching Black Widow
Film wasn't that bad tbh, but i got a little bored at some points (mostly near the end). Red Guardian was pretty entertaining, the villain who i forgot the name of was also entertaining but for the wrong reason, i didn't like the thing they did with Taskmaster, but i don't find it that bad
Also had a few cool action scenes, but the CG looked a little odd at some points
I could feel chills on my back by the end but i don't know if it's because the movie was actually that good or because it took me so long to watch the movie the sun was starting to set (it's gets cold early in the morning)
ok i lied a little on this part only now did i actually finish
why did they say Hawkeye is responcible for Natashas death tho???

I think the aspect about the infinity saga, especially the early MCU that made it really encaptivating was how it was able to allow content to sink in and allow fans to build a connection and/or adoration with a certain character or plotline and then wrap it up by tying in all of those plotlines and slow buildups to one big team up.

The problem with phase 4 is that they're not really allowing the sink in part, almost immediately throwing the next piece of content in your face, preventing you from really being able to soak in a plotline, so when you have the crossovers its no where near as interesting because of how crowded the room is and the lack of any built up connections.

The problem with phase 4 is that they're not really allowing the sink in part, almost immediately throwing the next piece of content in your face, preventing you from really being able to soak in a plotline, so when you have the crossovers its no where near as interesting because of how crowded the room is and the lack of any built up connections.
This and it's such a serious problem, because of this a lot feels like a formulaic studio product instead of films meant to be taken seriously and absorbed by audiences

Productions like I AM GROOT are made because of choices and handling like this and while it coule be fun it's wholey unnecessary and feels more like they're filling content quotas instead of letting things settle and spending production that could be used to bolster other films and shows if there were fewer of them with the shows simply just having longer episode counts to do all that they need then I feel we'd be at a much better place

I think the aspect about the infinity saga, especially the early MCU that made it really encaptivating was how it was able to allow content to sink in and allow fans to build a connection and/or adoration with a certain character or plotline and then wrap it up by tying in all of those plotlines and slow buildups to one big team up.

Potentially stupid question: has there been any sort of management changes over at Marvel? Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I can't shake the feeling that there's some stuff going on behind the scenes that we're not fully aware of...

This and it's such a serious problem, because of this a lot feels like a formulaic studio product instead of films meant to be taken seriously and absorbed by audiences

Productions like I AM GROOT are made because of choices and handling like this and while it coule be fun it's wholey unnecessary and feels more like they're filling content quotas instead of letting things settle and spending production that could be used to bolster other films and shows if there were fewer of them with the shows simply just having longer episode counts to do all that they need then I feel we'd be at a much better place
Plus, many of these projects are useless.

Secret Invasion??? Okay

But We DON'T need an Agatha Harkness spin-off show.

And this is for all Disney properties by the way, not just MCU. I understand a Big Hero 6 Spin-Off show, but a Baymax series??? a Tiana spin-off series??? a Monster's Inc. prequel series????

Secret Invasion??? Okay

And this is for all Disney properties by the way, not just MCU. I understand a Big Hero 6 Spin-Off show, but a Baymax series??? a Tiana spin-off series??? a Monster's Inc. prequel series????
Fr and it's terrible, the first 3 phases felt so tight and focused because there was none of this extra bullshit or fluff and it's all unnecessary

Secret Invasion??? Okay

They're sequel series to the original movie actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back