• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU peak human lifting strength upgrade

Hawkeye was able to rip an Ultron Sentry's head. Dottie Underwood broke a neck. Shouldn't they have at least Class 1 lifting strength for this?

I agree with this. Fodder humans can casually snap necks without any effort in the MCU.

RIpping off a head on an ultron bot seems like a unquantifiable feat. We don't know how strongly secured together it is. Visually it seems like honestly I could do that if I tried.

It should at the very least be considerably stronger than most robot heads as those things can withstand immense g-forces without getting ripped apart.

And remember the head of Ultron clones should presumably be much harder than normal human heads.

It is still unquantifiable. I would say athletic human to peak human lifting would be a safe assumption, anything higher is unreasonable.

No, but there is more than just bone holding your skull to the rest of your body. Clearly their metal is durable but we don't know how much metal is holding it to the rest of the body, since they look really makeshift I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3-4 poles or so.

@Therefir

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanging#Long_drop

It takes 5600 newtons of a single applied force to snap the bones in the neck and allow for an easy decapitation. People have been decapitated from the drop alone.

Note that I said single applied force, like a single blow. This value is much lower with a distrubuted load which is what lifting is. A man like this can decapitate you with the right grip and leverage, no problem.

Firstly, that is hanging not physical strength.

Secondly, read carefully, they were only decapitated because they grew fatter in prison.

Uh? Both are constant distributed loads.

If you think that this is the only time a person has been decapitated from hanging throughout all of history, you will be surprised to hear that the law of averages disagrees with you.

Again, this is a rapid action, not over-time action. The hanging was instant, pulling is not.

Since you can't read:

"Note that I said single applied force, like a single blow. This value is much lower with a distrubuted load which is what lifting is. A man like this can decapitate you with the right grip and leverage, no problem."

Tearing and torsion are unnatural movements which can stress materials. A man like the one I linked earlier can easily decapitate a person given the right grip and leverage.

HierophantDeluxe said:
Uh? Both are constant distributed loads.

If you think that this is the only time a person has been decapitated from hanging throughout all of history, you will be surprised to hear that the law of averages disagrees with you.
Uh? Read the page carefully. It says that the force of hanging is specifically calculated not to cause brutal decapitations.

Back