• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired

Class 100 and Class K

The first calc is accepted at Class 100 while the second calc is accepted at Class K. The former is consistent with Spider-Man's Class 100 feat. This upgrades the lifting strength of Super Soldier-tiers (Captain America, Winter Soldier, John Walker, etc.)

Class M

This calc is accepted and can be added to Hulk's profile to further support Class M

Last edited:
First one doesn't work because log-splitting was already deemed by other official sources to be Class 10 range.
This was stated in the beginning of the calc
Using a log splitter as reference is just... bad, they are simply not good comparisons to make, it's essentialy sheer strength vs tensile strength

First one doesn't work because log-splitting was already deemed by other official sources to be Class 10 range.

John Walker's feat is just a massive outlier.

I disagree with the upgrades.
This was stated in the beginning of the calc
Even with this being taken into account, the calc is still incorrect. The actual area affected would be this:

(Diameter of the log in meters x Height of the Log in meters) x Tensile Strength in Pascal
That's my bad then for not looking deeper into the source and method
There is... another issue.

The log seems to have a hole in the top, which might've helped with the split. Not sure by how much, but maybe a significant margin.

If you guys are looking for LS upgrades for Cap then look no further than this scene from The Winter Soldier

It's a legit straight up LS feat with the potential for Class 50 or even 100 IMO

If you guys are looking for LS upgrades for Cap then look no further than this scene from The Winter Soldier

It's a legit straight up LS feat with the potential for Class 50 or even 100 IMO

Yeah no, that was already rejected countless times even before my arrival.

Cap only lifted a tiny bit of it, only way its full mass would scale to him is if he lifted the entire thing and flipped it to the other side.

Its an outlier it seems
There's also Spidey's Class 100 feat from Civil War, which Cap should scale to

At the very least, Hulk's Class M feat should be added to his profile

If Class K doesn't get accepted, Cap's log ripping feat still needs to be removed/replaced since using a log splitter as reference is apparently inaccurate…?

Last edited:
John Walker's feat is just a massive outlier.
It's misrepresentEd in the calc. What he did was tear away the joints connecting the wings to the backpack rather than tear apart the wings them. The only thing you could get from tearing is fine the volume of the joint he ripped.

Even then joints are notorious for being weak points due to how you can leverage them.

It's misrepresentEd in the calc. What he did was tear away the joints connecting the wings to the backpack rather than tear apart the wings them. The only thing you could get from tearing is fine the volume of the joint he ripped.
I keep forgetting, I think I calculated the volume of the joint he ripped, it was pretty low but still.

Even then joints are notorious for being weak points due to how you can leverage them.
Wasn't there a way to account for it using sin or whatever? I saw Spino use it on a chain pulling feat for Jessica Jones.

Wasn't there a way to account for it using sin or whatever?
Yeah, since you can calculate how much material is at the leverage point that they would need to break. You can also do things with the angle of the force but I'm not sure how to do that.

John didn't rip off the joints, you can actually see he ripped through the wings, so the calculation is fine to use

The combination of Cap's own feat, John Walker's feat, and Spider-Man's feat, make Class K consistent and not an outlier

Last edited:
John didn't rip off the joints, you can actually see he ripped through the wings, so the calculation is fine to use
Yes he did, if you go a bit further into the video you can see the wiring coming out with the connecting points.

That and he did it at an angle, which would nerf the feat quite a bit.

The combination of Cap's own feat, John Walker's feat, and Spider-Man's feat, make Class K consistent and not an outlier
Spidey's Class K calc does not scale to his base self, it's his maximum peak which he struggled immensely with and completely failed to get control over after he hit his head on the bell.

God it feels so wrong to get Class K via ripping a log that small

But whatever, tensile strength calcs often turn out that way anyway

I do have a question though

Would him going with the grain significantly affect how much force is needed to rip the log?

This article is about Saws but it highlights the point I'm trying to make

Idn if there's a way to account for that but I just wanted to bring that up

But whatever, tensile strength calcs often turn out that way anyway

I do have a question though

Would him going with the grain significantly affect how much force is needed to rip the log?

This article is about Saws but it highlights the point I'm trying to make

Idn if there's a way to account for that but I just wanted to bring that up
This ultimately turns into shear strength if we're talking about saws being involved, so until then, nah. No way to find out for tensile strength ATM.

Well tbf, it's probably simplfied to the point of being higher than actual. Since as soon as the log begins to split it causes a cascading failure and force is concentrated in a small area.

But it happened pretty fast so the initial energy would have to be pretty high. I guess you can argue it's more AP than LS due to the short timespan but that itself seems like a can of worms.

Overall casual Class K Cap doesn't make to much sense imo.

If Class K is too much of an outlier to use (which it's very much looking like at this point), I feel like we should either just scale Cap to Spider-Man's Class 100 feat, or get a more accurate and exact calc for tearing Falcon's wings at the joints (which might be Class 100 anyway)

Last edited:
If Class K is too much of an outlier to use (which it's very much looking like at this point), I feel like we should either just scale Cap to Spider-Man's Class 100 feat, or get a more accurate and exact calc for tearing Falcon's wings at the joints (which might be Class 100 anyway)
In fact, why didn't we scale Cap's LS to Spidey's in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back