• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maxwell Scribblenauts 1-C... Let me cook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I being ignored? It cannot be possibly one sided, both media reference eachother in this story.

Why is it one sided? Writer specifically states it is supposed to share the New 52 continuity..
That's precisely the one reason it's one sided and not just straight non canon.

The moment these actual events are referenced in some New 52 story, then we would entertain them being fully canon.

If such evidence exists, please provide them. Until then, they should only scale to the feats they have displayed.

Edit: Which btw, if you truly want this to be fully canon to DC, read here

We would still not scale Thought Robot, Spectre and the others how you want them to. They would go strictly to the displayed feats regardless. They cap at 2-A.

Edit 2: Absolutely disagree with scaling immeasurable speed. Flash wasn't running through time there, so even if we somehow would scale him to legit feats, that wouldn't be it, chief.

Last edited:
That's precisely the one reason it's one sided and not just straight non canon.

The moment these actual events are referenced in some New 52 story, then we would entertain them being fully canon.

If such evidence exists, please provide them. Until then, they should only scale to the feats they have displayed.

Edit: Which btw, if you truly want this to be fully canon to DC, read here

We would still not scale Thought Robot, Spectre and the others how you want them to. They would go strictly to the displayed feats regardless. They cap at 2-A.

Edit 2: Absolutely disagree with scaling immeasurable speed. Flash wasn't running through time there, so even if we somehow would scale him to legit feats, that wouldn't be it, chief.
A Crisis of Imagination is a New 52 Comic. That is referencing Scribblenauts. Even the writer says this.

Where was Maxwell when the Darkseid War happened?
He was literally there. We see the Darkseid War in the CoI comic ending…

I dont think you understand the premise here, or maybe I cannot explain it good

Scribblenauts makes Unmasked as a way to crossover and reference DC. This is one side

DC makes CoI as a way to crossover and reference Scribblenauts. This is the second side

It cannot be one sided. Scribblenauts is not a comic book series, its a game series. DC is originally not a game series, its a comic series. See what I mean?
Edit: Also, no. The writer said he wanted it to feel like an authentic New 52 comic.
He was saying he wanted it to be a New 52 comic with Maxwell rather than a Maxwell comic with New 52 cast.

He was literally there. We see the Darkseid War in the CoI comic ending…

I dont think you understand the premise here, or maybe I cannot explain it good

Scribblenauts makes Unmasked as a way to crossover and reference DC. This is one side
You don't seem to understand. On what New 52 comic, be it Action Comics Vol. 2, Justice League Vol. 1, etc etc; where on these comics is Maxwell if he's canon?

You don't seem to understand. On what New 52 comic, be it Action Comics Vol. 2, Justice League Vol. 1, etc etc; where on these comics is Maxwell if he's canon?
He is like I said in a different "future" since the crossover created its own future continuity like the writer says. I cannot see how this is one sided when we literally see both of them reference eachother with ENTIRE COMICS AND GAMES!

image.png

How can it be one sided if both of the medias reference eachother? I am genuinly curious about this logic.
I have asked you, in what New 52 comic is Maxwell? You keep bringing up his crossover.

Which once again, would fall in one sided as he doesn't appear anywhere else in DC, nor are his events relevant to DC's overarching storyline, nor is the Crisis of Imagination referenced anywhere outside itself. It's a textbook one sided canon until you show otherwise.

Then, even if you showed that, the displayed feats seem to be 2-A at best regardless. You aren't even applying scaling properly: You gave him 1-C creation for Spectre, when the Spectre that scales that high doesn't even exist in New 52.

Anyway you want to chalk it up, Maxwell would still end up 2-A at his highest from his actual feats (unless of course he has a proper Low 1-C to 1-C feat). But it so happened, I don't agree this is canon to DC anyways. The writer doesn't even suggest it is, but that he wanted it to be authentic.

My last message until new proof is shown.

He even says he wanted to make it a DC comic just with scribblenauts
That's... one way of putting it? These are the two scans being used as evidence? They're just saying that rather than utilize a DC comics cast that seems like a mish-mash of different versions of certain characters, they're striving to maintain absolute coherence by adapting the New 52 continuity to the point where it would feel like a legitimate crossover event if the Scribblenauts cast were removed. We're just getting into semantics at this point but 'as if it would feel like a legitimate crossover event' seems like a declaration that it's otherwise not intended to be a legitimate crisis event outside capturing the general atmosphere, no?

All in all, crossovers by nature will strive to mesh contrasting franchises together with some degree of accuracy. Some will loosen the reins for creative freedom, while others will go the whole way to maintain coherence so that it's like the two franchises take place in alternate timelines. All they're saying in the two interviews is that they adapted the New 52 contuinity with precision. It's not as clear-cut as other statements used in determining crossover validity.

Addition for my support
I've thrown "Scribblenauts new 52 comic" at Google and it returned me a literal comic book of Scribblenauts made by DC and some classic comics getting Scribblenauts-based covers.

Scribblenauts, and by consequence Maxwell, exist on DCVerse, and since there was a Crossover with Scribblenauts in DC, it is by definition not one-sided.
Its obvious yet they want Maxwell to be a character that appears in several comics.

Why does the wiki have comidically strict crossover rules lmao.

I legit hope you guys know a company can publish a comic and it not being canon to their mainline storylines. I sincerely hope.
If the Heroes presented there have their same canon past
But the future is different
What makes it different than a spin-off or, as we've been saying, another timeline?
Or we go by that logic and say f*ck-off to all the other Batmans (BWL, That one with an Assault rifle who actually k*lls, and others), with the premise that there cannot be another timelines

? what
this decision shouldn't be exclusive to moderators and isn't in any rules here in the site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back