• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maxwell Scribblenauts 1-C... Let me cook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am not a dc fan so ,
I do appreciate if u tell me where it stated ?
Complex Multiverse level with Creation (Is capable of creating beings that vary from small animals to beings such as The Thought Robot, The Spectre, Anti-Monitor, The Monitor and Anti-Anti-Monitor

The Writer very much says they originate from the same continuity as the official DC New 52. He even supports his own claim by saying he tried to make it DC comic just with Scribblenauts characters inside it
why right does the writer have to say that wtf

But someone may make an argument that feats don't carry over to alternate versions.
image.png

I disagree with this.

Seeing as the person in the screenshot being used as evidence says that they didn't need to absolutely 100% follow the New 52 continuity and that they said the game made it's own continuity (also something else about that continuity that's been cut off, so if you could please send a link to the full thing or a screenshot that shows what else they said, I'd appreciate that.), it's more likely that the crossover is just another iteration of the DC cast, like with the movies or shows.

Seeing as the person in the screenshot being used as evidence says that they didn't need to absolutely 100% follow the New 52 continuity and that they said the game made it's own continuity
I literally explained the timeline above...

It created a new continuity but still originated from the New 52 continuity. He even says he wanted to make it a DC comic just with scribblenauts

I dont think you understand what he means with "making its own continuity"

The events changed true, the future of the continuity changes but the past is the same DC.

Look at the image I made, it explains what I mean.

I'm fairly sure this would fall on the one-sided crossover cited in our rules, and thus, characters would have to display the proper feats to scale to their original selves. Given this rewrite does not provide these, I absolutely disagree with scaling them like that.

Specially when the best feat in this series seems to be 2-A.

Thank you for your evaluations. 🙏

This thread seems to have been rejected then.

Onesided crossovers officially take place within one continuity, but not the other. Given that some characters may be parodies of their original counterparts, they could potentially get a separate profile scaling from the other verse based on their importance to the story.

One example is the version of Dante in Megami Tensei, who is based on his Devil May Cry counterpart, with the same name and appearance, but a slightly altered story to fit in more with the Shin Megami Tensei verse. However, the character in question may not be used to scale to the Devil May Cry cast.

Profiles for crossovers not canon to the main story of one or more of the franchises involved may only be created according to the regulations defined in the Canon page.

Canon crossovers officially take place within both continuities, and as such recurrently happen within a shared universe or feature characters made by the same creators. Examples include Mario Vs Donkey Kong or Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden. It is canon to both franchises and feats/scaling may be used if they are consistent.

We still have to differentiate between characters of different comparative power levels within the verses, and there may be outliers and Plot-Induced Stupidity, which are rules that still apply to linear canon verses.

Additionally, the feats seen or taken from the crossover may be consistent to one verse and not the other. There could be impressive feats seen as consistent with the established scale of one franchise, but that lack consistency with the otherwise featless franchise. We should only use scaling that does not contradict the statistics of the franchises, and need to use common sense for case-by-case analysis in addition to this.

This includes considering the contexts based on the nature or portrayal of the characters. For example, while Final Fight has shown very limited feats, characters such as Mike Haggar, Cody, and Hugo are consistently comparable to various Street Fighter characters and could scale to their feats.

Take note that crossovers should preferably be referenced within the separate story settings themselves at some point in order to count as official on each side.
Don't have too much to add here, disagree FRA.

I'm fairly sure this would fall on the one-sided crossover cited in our rules, and thus, characters would have to display the proper feats to scale to their original selves. Given this rewrite does not provide these, I absolutely disagree with scaling them like that.

Specially when the best feat in this series seems to be 2-A.
Why is it one sided? Writer specifically states it is supposed to share the New 52 continuity..

Why is it one sided? Writer specifically states it is supposed to share the New 52 continuity..
one-sided because there isn't any mention of it in the main continuity, i guess?
say you have series A and series B
there's an A x B crossover
A references the crossover at some later point in the series, B does not
this makes things one-sided
i think i interpreted it right

one-sided because there isn't any mention of it in the main continuity, i guess?
say you have series A and series B
there's an A x B crossover
A references the crossover at some later point in the series, B does not
this makes things one-sided
i think i interpreted it right
But it cannot be applied here.

Scribblenauts made Unmasked as a way to reference DC

DC made Crisis of Imagination to reference Scribblenauts

so how is it one sided?

I mean it is published under DC so it's technically a scribblenauts crossover happening in DC and not a DC crossover happening in scribblenauts

I mean it is published under DC so it's technically a scribblenauts crossover happening in DC and not a DC crossover happening in scribblenauts
^ This is my point, Unmasked references DC, The comic references Scribblenauts so its impossible to say this is one sided…

Ahhhh... one-sided scaling. No man, this won't fly. If I remember correctly, a similar issue occurred in GoW, even though it was accepted that it was Canon, scaling was rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back