• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Max vs Freddy Krueger (GRACE)

Max outright stomps. Even if Freddy Krugger can defeat him in the Dream World ( Which he has no showing of talking on a dreamer that showed Low 2-C powers ) , he could outright just warp him before anything terrible happens. Max via stronger warping, having experience against a warper, and his creativity.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Max outright stomps. Even if Freddy Krugger can defeat him in the Dream World ( Which he has no showing of talking on a dreamer that showed Low 2-C powers ) , he could outright just warp him before anything terrible happens. Max via stronger warping, having experience against a warper, and his creativity.
Just want to double check, the other warper was Minus right?

thought this was a stomp but both actually one shot each other so votes counted

Never knew one of my oldest matches would reach grace, but I ain't complaining

... What stops Freddy from scaring the kid or killing him before he launches an attack?

Moritzva said:
... What stops Freddy from scaring the kid or killing him before he launches an attack?
They're going all out from the start, but if you would like to elaborate, that would help

Max is a 10 year old kid. Nobody has shown any evidence this kid is bloodlusted enough to knock off Freddy before getting scared and butchered.

Grumbles the fact if this was the Book I would have more than enough evidence proving he can be bloodlusted, but then I would have to make a massive AP upgrade CRT if the Book was used along with an insane number of haxes including Conceptual Manipulation, Abstract Existence for Sharkboy and Lavagirl, and Resistance to Existence Erasure and Void Manipulation.

Anyways... From the Movie alone Max goes out of his way to avoid hurting someone, only doing so if it's the only choice. If this is after the story I really don't see Max being afraid of Krueger unless said fear is haxed based.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Grumbles the fact if this was the Book I would have more than enough evidence proving he can be bloodlusted, but then I would have to make a massive AP upgrade CRT if the Book was used along with an insane number of haxes including Conceptual Manipulation, Abstract Existence for Sharkboy and Lavagirl, and Resistance to Existence Erasure and Void Manipulation.
Anyways... From the Movie alone Max goes out of his way to avoid hurting someone, only doing so if it's the only choice. If this is after the story I really don't see Max being afraid of Krueger unless said fear is haxed based.
Off topic, but I'm super curious about what the book has feat wise

Max going out of his way to avoid hurting someone... means he's definitely not going to resort to violence initially. And he's a kid. This kid is going to be scared shitless by a creature who preys on the fears of people exactly like him.

Xx.davidparra said:
am I missing something or can't Max technically summon Sharkboy and Lavagirl?
I fail to see why that means anything.

Also, willing to kill =/= bloodlusted.

I'm legitimately not seeing anything here that convinces me Freddy isn't going to absolutely run a train on this kid.

...Possibly literally, since...this is Freddy, and his opponent is a kid...

Wait this thread won't even get added? (Due to the thread thing, ik)

Why is this still being debated then?

This match and every other thread will be erased after the forum move.

As for the debate, I wouldn't even call it that

Lonkitt said:
Wait this thread won't even get added?
Why is this still being debated then?
Because nobody has anything else to do, and because there isn't a reason not to.

Also because debates shouldn't live and die based on whether or not a match will be added to a page.

Anyway, Max has power? Sure. Freddy has more versatility, can read Max's mind (which the kid has no defense against), and is likely to be able to put the fear in him on general principles. Max isn't fearless, or even outstandingly courageous by protagonist standards, and Freddy has at this point been putting fear in people for longer than Max has even known his own dream world existed.

Furthermore, while Max does have more power by technicality, he's clearly never brought the full extent of that power to bear at any point in the film, and is repeatedly inconvenienced by things much less dangerous than Freddy on numerous occasions. Hell, the one reality warper he fought did very few notably dangerous things with his powers during their fight and was matching him with moves that didn't even come close to multi-solar or universal levels of power.

Meanwhile Freddy frequently does things like turning his enemies into cockroaches, pinning his enemies to wall and ceilings, restraining them with hooks ripping directly into their flesh, turning them into paper, transmuting the very ground or floor they're standing on, et cetera, and is also capable of regenerating. Both of which mean a lot when his opponent so obviously isn't going to hit him with anything that would do severe damage to him, and probably doesn't even know how to wield the full extent of his power.

So...Yeah. Welcome to my world, Max.

"Also because debates shouldn't live and die based on whether or not a match will be added to a page."

Beyond true, why does everybody need adding a match as motivation for a match to be made?

Oh

"Having nightmares causes corrupting darkness to spread out of his control."

Mega oof

I was going to touch on that if anyone chose to try and argue, actually.

Max's control in general (and the things he creates, by proxy) can weaken if his dreams become nightmares. We see that with the spreading darkness, Sharkboy/Lava Girl's fluctuating powers, and a couple other isolated examples I have trouble finding offhand. So if this fight is prolonged, then Freddy's influence is going to steadily grow stronger while Max's control grows weaker.

Not a good sign, when the kid is already not wielding anywhere close to his full power to begin with.

Schnee One said:
"Also because debates shouldn't live and die based on whether or not a match will be added to a page."
Beyond true, why does everybody need adding a match as motivation for a match to be made?
That's true enough. I don't see the addition as much of a motivation. It's more so as a way for the debate to come to a close

Since when was adding the match the entire reason behind making one?

Isn't the reason to make a match to find out who beats who and debate it as such? Whether it be for the sake of debate, for the sake of knowing who beats who, or for the sake of fun, since when was adding the match to profiles "The whole point"

Does winning a match in a debate not count as one? It has to be added to make it sound official to someone?

Back