• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Materialization Shiritori (No Game No Life)

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
As someone that only watched the anime I have wondered this for a while: How does Materialization Shiritori work? Is it a virtual reality or something? The reality-warping effects used in that game appear to be far above Jibril's usual power, after all.

According to NGNL wiki it uses an intermediary to translate their words into magic. Thats can turn things that are present will disappear, and things that are not present will materialize.

Unlike the [Tag] game played by Kuuhaku, it had to compose a few words to form a sentence and it would materialize directly, whatever it was a concept or a phenomenon.

According to NGNL wiki it uses an intermediary to translate their words into magic. Thats can turn things that are present will disappear, and things that are not present will materialize.

Unlike the [Tag] game played by Kuuhaku, it had to compose a few words to form a sentence and it would materialize directly, whatever it was a concept or a phenomenon.
I'm just wondering, though. If that intermediary is capable of actually changing the laws of nature, erasing things from existence and actually causing a supernova... wouldn't that be quite notable equipment for her?

I'm just wondering, though. If that intermediary is capable of actually changing the laws of nature, erasing things from existence and actually causing a supernova... wouldn't that be quite notable equipment for her?
I'm confused, maybe it happened in a different reality or what, considering Flugel can create a pocket reality it should possible. That things like causing a supernova it would violate the Ten Convenants, so it should be forbidden on Disboard.

Maybe I'll read vol 2 to find out more.

As someone that only watched the anime I have wondered this for a while: How does Materialization Shiritori work? Is it a virtual reality or something? The reality-warping effects used in that game appear to be far above Jibril's usual power, after all.
That's just a really advanced virtual game using magic as it's mechanic, and definitely not a reality-warping one. The game played at Flugel's special dimension but the aftermath effect is unreal (the specific meaning is, an effect like supernova isn't materialized fully as an equal one to our IRL standards) it uses a glowing floating light blue crystal that translates player's words into the magic required to spawn or remove the selected object.

Using a device for playing Shiritori game.
“Are you saying that all the females in the world would disappear?”
“Fret not. This game holds not such an extent of power,” Jibril explained with bashful mirth. “We merely move temporarily to a virtual space in which words materialize or dematerialize.”

Ah, ok. So it is a virtual reality thing. That answers the question then.
Might still be good equipment, though.

It should be part of her standard equipment

Although it can be usable if the match in question allows for prep time and wahtnot. It's not 100% impossible.

It should be part of her standard equipment

Although it can be usable if the match in question allows for prep time and wahtnot. It's not 100% impossible.
No, that game ain't usable for combat thing. Anddd in the exact volume about volume 2 or 3 has explained that it's just a virtual game, not strong enough to create such energy as supernova or erasing such idea like a bunch of woman existence. Because that will violated the convenant rules.

I mean, illusion creation is a useful power. It also seems to take place in a pocket dimension, which has its uses.

Back