• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Match Finding Board- Thoughts Wanted

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
My suggestion would be a huge page for people to add their characters to based on Tier so people could more easily find matches that are fair. Granted, a lot of people could take down higher tiers via hax, but... it's better than nothing.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hmm. Probably not a bad idea. I actually thought that it'd be better for users here to have a sort of thread to where they can post their FC's/OC's on finding compatible matches against other characters.

Seems like something worth talking about, so i'll highlight it to get further input from the rest.

Sounds ok to me. Though finding the match is only the start as is usually takes quite some time for a VS Thread to be concluded as it is right now.

FateAlbane said:
Sounds ok to me. Though finding the match is only the start as is usually takes quite some time for a VS Thread to be concluded as it is right now.
Of course, because... well... let's face it, a lot of people don't care as fandom power is generally what fuels debates as is (popular characters = quicker resolve). But still. Worth a shot.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Hmm. Probably not a bad idea. I actually thought that it'd be better for users here to have a sort of thread to where they can post their FC's/OC's on finding compatible matches against other characters.
Seems like something worth talking about, so i'll highlight it to get further input from the rest.
Thanks for highlighting.

Your idea is also a compatible one, and perhaps both can be implemented; mine works generally for matches but for specific matchmaking things (like... challenges, I guess? I dunno) yours would be helpful.

I think it'd be a good idea.

Fate does have a point on our matches having to take some major time to conclude.

In comparison to VSBW's, here our activity on them is pretty slow and less.....actively, so usually it'll likely not be noticed more than being noticed and likely ending or whatever...

This sounds like a great idea to use. It would slightly help get more compatable characters to fight eachother.

One question though, if one character has multiple tiers, would we separate them?

Ex: Would one Linx Rifelson be put in 5-A (Because of his base), and another Linx Rifelson be put in 4-C (Because of Kurai Form)? Same character, just different form/key.

Just wanna make sure about that.

Probably? Didn't think that one thread, actually. I was thinking more of just us posting our characters and let things work out from there with the others here.

I like the idea of combining both of yours and Bambu's ideas. Maybe you should just put it on one page.

Like for instance:

Tier 10

• Whatever character (Add link to the character. Definitely specify where on this section the character's in, ex: 10-C, 10-B, or 10-A. Possibly also add a note of which version of the character it is, such as base form, time-skip, etc)
Tier 9

• Whatever character (Same thing)
Etc...

My idea would be that the character is posted in each tier area it fits into with a basic idea like Knuckles-567: Tier 8 (base form) and then put the same guy again into Knuckles-567: Tier 5 (god form) or something.

It could be worked out to some similar effect. Different posts for different variations of the power of the character. Seems fair to me.

Mr. Bambu said:
My idea would be that the character is posted in each tier area it fits into with a basic idea like Knuckles-567: Tier 8 (base form) and then put the same guy again into Knuckles-567: Tier 5 (god form) or something.
It could be worked out to some similar effect. Different posts for different variations of the power of the character. Seems fair to me.
Good idea.

Alright, thanks...

How would we apply this? Just a general post as "Matchmaking Thread" or something, or...?

Fair enough, could take awhile though. Aren't too many active folks on here.

lol

Only Admins can make it. Was gonna do that weeks ago but haven't thought on what would be a good title and description for it. I'll look into Bambu's blog of this for more ideas later...

Alrighty.

Bambu may have been banned the other day, but i find this to be an alright thing to try and do.

As we've said on FC/OC from earlier above, this kind of potential thread can be used for posting any of our characters (or perhaps even anyone elses if we don't mind doing that to each other) and from there, we can try to help the OP on who can properly fight their OC or whoever they sent in on the thread.

Hmm, i can probably make up it right now, at least.

Back