• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Oogway additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
It's important to remember that Master Oogway not only created Kung-Fu; he also created all the styles of Kung-Fu, and is immensely more skilled and more knowledgeable than any other character in the series, including Kai.

Enhanced Senses: Oogway was able to notice Kai's incoming jade swords despite meditating with his eyes shut, and perfectly block them despite Kai being comparable in speed.

Attack Reflection: Oogway taught Shifu how to utilise inner peace, which allowed Shifu to replicate Po's attack reflection technique. Oogway is also far more skilled and peaceful than either of them. He should get this.

Weapon Mastery: He is a very skilled wielder of his staff. Along with this, all of the Furious Five's training would have been created by, and perfected by, Master Oogway. He'd also likely be able to replicate this. I'd say Tai Lung should get this ability as well, as it was directly stated that he was trained further than any of the Furious Five, so should be at least comparable in their ability to wield weapons.

Fire Manipulation and Electricity Manipulation: Fenghuang, who was trained directly by Oogway, was able to perform the seven/twelve impossible moves (which he likely created). This should allow him to perform the Thundering Wind Hammer and the Mongolian Fireball.

BFR: Oogway sent Kai to the spirit realm. It should also be noted that both Oogway and Shifu should know the Wuxi Finger Hold which sent Tai Lung to the spirit realm, with Tai Lung himself confirming that Shifu knew it.

Healing: Master Oogway was a master of chi, and learnt how to use give chi from the Pandas, who were explicitly stated to be able to heal others with chi.

Range: Not an ability as such, but his current rating is wrong. He should be either 'Extended Melee Range (due to his staff), up to hundreds of meters with techniques' scaling to Po, or the same but with dozens of meters, consistent with what he showed in his fight with Kai in the spirit realm.

These are accurate, i found out that this short movie can possibly give a rating to Mantis and Viper.

I haven't seen the movie, only seen a clip where Monkey takes on a (casual) Oogway though you're probably right. Willing to bet there's something in Legends of Awesomeness for Mantis and/or Viper as well

Not sure why mantis and viper don't have ratings tbh, both of them have shown the ability to kick Po's ass at different points throughout the series

Also Mantis is missing pressure point strikes on his profile

@Weekly do you agree with the additions above?

WeeklyBattles said:
Not sure why mantis and viper don't have ratings tbh, both of them have shown the ability to kick Po's ass at different points throughout the series.
I remember that initially happened when Po was at his beginnings and much later they were boosted at one point by Kai [It was only temporary as it also made them evil], through likely for Crane and possibly for Mantis/Viper might be fine since i don't think there is such a big gap between them.

@Dark Mantis was able to flip Po around multiple times during Legends of awesomeness as well as guys like members of the Qidan, same with Viper

Tbh, Po tends to job to members of the Furious Five. If they fought someone comparable to Tigress/Monkey/Po etc then they should scale, yeah

I only watched a few episodes, but not all of them. Was Po serious?, the series is supposed to be after Po defeated Tai Lung, who fought Shifu and defeated the Furious Five.

No, I think that it should probably be fine.

Thank you. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back