• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Teletubbies downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Magic Drum

So, The Magic Drum has a 7-B rating due to this justification:

The problem is, that this feat is not City level. Moving 3 clouds a short distance is nowhere near something like 7-C. Plus, it does not resemble natural displacement of clouds, 3 clouds suddenly moved to the exact same place as a cloud before, is just toon force.

The Drum also has a 9-B rating for moving 3 flowers.

It's pretty obvious why this is not 9-B. Not only is it toon force, it's 3 flowers moving a few feet.

The Main Cast
So the main cast has a 10-A rating by KE when they run, but I see no calc for it anywhere.

Also, even if they could reach 10-A speeds via running, the Teletubbies would almost never apply this in a fight, because, well, they cannot fight at all, just because they can run at this speed does not mean anything for kicks and punches. They have no real hax besides the Magic Drum or Magic Book which to be honest would get it's own profile if there is something notable about it.

Besides that, they have nothing worth indexing, they are goofy aliens who roll around on hills all day. They have no notable hax (Like Barney), no solid AP (Like Patchy the Pirate), or anything which would make them deserve a profile on the wiki

The Summary
Delete the profiles and make a separate profile for the revised Magic Book and Drum if they have anything noteworthy.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of "delete the verse" option. A verse like Teletubbies seems unlikely to come back if they were deleted.

Is there anyway to get a calc for any of the existing feats that are currently on the wiki?

As much of a meme it is to have these guys around, I have to agree just to nuke the verse. I have one extra thing to add about the KE part tho;

So back in the day before we got this forum (when we had threads on the actual website with the pages) a user tried to add the Teletubbies to the wiki on a thread that unfortunately didn't survive the forum movement (it was called "INSANE MAN CALCS TELETUBBIES FEATS", he came up with that exact 10-A KE calc that these profiles use. The issue with the calc is that it is using the weight of the irl suits the actors of the Teletubbies wore, which got it rejected since it was bts stuff that likely isn't reflected in-verse. Little context on the calc for ya.

Last edited:
As much as I think it's crazy that this verse even made it to this wiki to begin with. it's deletion isn't necessary, just get the feats calced

As much as I think it's crazy that this verse even made it to this wiki to begin with. it's deletion isn't necessary, just get the feats calced
Problem is though, There are no feats.

The Teletubbies main 10-A feat has been rejected in the past because it apparently used the costume of the IRL actors. Plus they cannot fight so it would be useless. Unless we find suitable feats for the Teletubbies, or anything which makes them deserve a profile (Like Barney)

The magic drum feats could be worth indexing but they should just have their own profile

I'm of the opinion that the Magic Drum isn't something that should get a tier at all, as the objects they manipulate are instantly arranged in new positions. This means it's more likely to be teleportation than any kind of conventional movement, and therefore gives no KE.

Given no feats or something to better this profile, yeah, it should be deleted. Teletubbies is a huge series iirc, so it would be an undertaking on the level of fixing Barney's profile, which took over a year of work to do. And I don't think Crabwhale wants to watch any more man-made horrors beyond our comprehension.

Yeetus deletus. Perhaps the verse can be recreated with more care later but the ratings are ******* awful right now.

Given no feats or something to better this profile, yeah, it should be deleted. Teletubbies is a huge series iirc, so it would be an undertaking on the level of fixing Barney's profile, which took over a year of work to do. And I don't think Crabwhale wants to watch any more man-made horrors beyond our comprehension.
This makes sense to me. I don't mind if we delete the verse then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back