• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Nanatsu no Taizai Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
EmperorRorepme said:
I thought we were going to wait till the end of the series then just make a huge thread on abilities and updates.
I don't see why we don't just do it now. The profiles as they are are complete and utter garbage. And it's highly unlikely that any new feats will come around. And if they do... Under 200K+ need not apply

Peter1129 said:
That's kinda the main problem with the current scaling. Most of the profiles scale much weaker characters to much stronger characters just because they managed to stab or injure stronger characters with a weapon. Even though this is highly inconsistent with the fact that the stronger characters could take much more blunt damage from characters on their level.
That's simple really. It's energy concentrated onto a small point rather than a larger area.

I know that the energy concentrated into a small point thing. But the main problem is because of this we have a really terrible scaling such as stuff like

Unsealed Base Meliodas scaling to Monspeet.

Galand scaling to Tarmiel.

Jude scaling to Ban.

Etc. etc.

Yeah that's pretty much why I propose we just go with the powerscaling and power levels instead of scaling characters with all their feats which would lead to many inconsistencies.

Also Unsealed Base Meliodas cutting Monspeet despite being heavily weakened. As well as Tarmiel and Sariel cutting up 3C Estarossa. And basically the entire flashback with the Ten Commandments vs Four Archangels 3000 years ago. Cause something being a plot point doesn't mean it isn't an outlier.

While it's true that using a blade or a spear can allow you to damage opponents stronger than you. That isn't happening when you've got High 7-A Galand and High 6-C Tarmiel. Or a 10-C Kid and 7-B Ban. So outliers.

Pretty much. So anyways back on topic we are mostly done with this thread right? Or are we just waiting for a staff to approve of this before making the scaling thread?

Therefir approved the low end of the second method for the Baste Dungeon calc. So characters with a power level around 400 are now High 7-C+.

Peter1129 said:
Therefir approved the High 7-C Baste Dungeon calc. So characters with a power level around 400 are now High 7-C+.
BTW for the Dandafor calc in particular. I'd recomend summoning Zainybrainy.

I called all the calc members you recommended to this thread. So they'll probably check to see which calcs aren't evaluated yet. Or which ends we should use.

Alright. I hope that they look at the blog I made for the Dandafor calc, since it's not extremely complicated, and the owner of the blog is not banned.

Therefir also said Liger's mid end for Chandler's meteor is correct. So yeah it's anither supporting feat.

I was summoned

gonna be looking over stuff and writing down thoughts here, I have no idea what this verse is and forgive the lack of knowledge, just got asked to look at the calcs/feats themselves

1. Gilthunder's storm is definitely a 5.89 considering the cyclone. For a "generic storm", that'd be 7-B. I disagree with DMUA that the cyclone forming in the sky is "mild".

2. Being hit by meteors is feasibly calcable, but you'd have to lowball into oblivion.

3. I can't offer opinion on Meliodas' stuff since that requires the context of the show rather than math-brain-things.

As for the actual links for the calcs, I assume they need eval'd and stuff, yes?

Therefir has pretty much evaluated the ones that haven't been evaluated so I guess there's no more evaluation needed. Right now we are just trying to figure out which end of some of the calcs should be used.

Anyway thanks for taking a look at it.

ah

good

I will now slither away until somebody speaks my name four times while looking at an image of a yelling panda bear on the internet

until then, good day

C ya

Alright so 3 out of 5 are done. And considering how Gilthunder is now casually 14 Megatons I guess Griamore's wall tanking meteors might not be needed since it will probably just be a supporting feat. So 4 out of 5 is done.

All that's left is to call in the NNT knowledgeable members to decide if pulverization should be used for the Danafor calc. Though I'm pretty sure even if the vaporization end was accepted it would be an outlier since nobody else in the series has any feats close to that level.

Mr. Bambu said:
1. Gilthunder's storm is definitely a 5.89 considering the cyclone. For a "generic storm", that'd be 7-B. I disagree with DMUA that the cyclone forming in the sky is "mild".
Wait there was

Ignore that comment claiming Liger's method was rejected. That other calc was never even accepted to begin with, and the result is just downright wank

The feat is definitely vaporization. There's no debris evident by exploration done in the hole by Hendrickson and co. I recall Meliodas doing so!during similar in the Vampire Arc and I recall there being vapour.

The feat is definitely vaporization. There's no debris evident by exploration done in the hole by Hendrickson and co. I recall Meliodas doing something similar in the Vampire Arc and I recall there being vapour.

No Pulverization can leave little evidence of debris as well. In terms of energy reducing rock to dust<<<<turning rock to vapor. In the scans we see no rising steam from the destruction of Dandafor.

Even if it were vaporization, it would be an outlier since nothing else in the series comes close.

Agreed, it's Pulveration. There's dust coming from what I remember but that's often confused with steam so it's understandable to mistake it for vaporization. This is why I always think we should use colored scans for feats that involve vaporization and pulverization since they make the difference between the two much more clear.

So is this enough support for the revision? Or should we wait a bit longer for more input before we move onto the scaling in another thread?

It can be difficult to differentiate steam and dust. Especially in manga panels. How I usually do things is consider if the character who did the feat, the attack they used is a heat based attack. Or has been consistently shown to vaporize things. In the case for darkness, we far more consistently see it pulverizing and v fraging things.

I just remembered an argument against the Dandafor feat being hellblaze. It would be contradictory in a way. Monspet is the best hellblaze user in the Ten Commandments, he's even more adept tat it than Meliodas. And I find it hard to believe unsealed Meliodas could create a column of Hellblaze bigger than anything Monspet has made.

Peter1129 said:
So is this enough support for the revision? Or should I wait a bit longer for more input before we move onto the scaling in another thread?
Lets wait another day or so for more people we contacted to give their thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back