• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Gears of War versewide Revision: Chainsaw Bypass Edition

So around 8-C or High 8-C? Idk I cant remember If the weaponry they use ever scaled to the other beasts, but afaik it is the one used by the Locust

Some P&A I would like to add/modify:

The Ink grenade is Toxic Gas, it would still be poison? Because I remember we had another power more fitting for it should also have some sort of Status Effect Inducement, like Poisoning the target.

The Shock Grenade should have Paralysis Inducement.

The Beacon Grenade that can target enemies and traps.

And the Cryo Cannon also having Flash Freezing.

Should the Mechs that JD, Cole, Kait and Del used at the end of GoW 4 be mentioned on their profiles? (They would 8-A to 7-C scaling from the Swarmak and the giant beast they fought, I think is called "The Thing" or something like that).

How is the Locust blog going? If you need some help on finding info. or feats I can help.

If anything I havent read a lot of Gears comics which could have interesting feats, If anybody is willing to I recommend this page, but better use AdBlock since the ads there can get really nsfw.

Currently I've unlocked all the Comics in the GoW:UE and have read through most of them.

I still need to find or buy the comics that aren't in the Ultimate Edition, and I need to comb through the collectibles for more lore tidbits.

There are some feats done by Marcus and co. that look 9-A from what I've read, and I'll have to calc them later.

Nah it is a Lambentserker, outlier, but still very impressive, there is some super interesting stuff about the Locust in the comic series, like, Skorge having visions of the far future by praying to the Riftworm and Uzrik having knowledge on H2H Combat (Grabs, jabs and others) there is also RAAM regenerating after getting a heavy beatdown from Uzrik (Literally leaving a line of blood in the floor).

Alright folks, last chance to suggest things for input for the blog post for the Locust Horde functions, and then the revisions after that.

Currently, I have all my notes together and the structure planned out.

I'm going to go over: The differences between the Swarm and the Horde, the functions of the Horde hivemind, and the feats for Corpsers, and Dura feats for Zerkers

I'll also go over, albeit briefly, the functions of imulsion, specifically in how it causes chemcial burns in living tissue and that it is a fungal body.

Should the Swarm and Horde be in one page, I would prefer both to be separated tbh even if they are very similar.

They very much need to be seperated.

The Horde reproduces differently, has a different over all intelligence, different society, etc. They even have a different biology.

Agreed.

Dont forget to add the Hollow beast like the Kryll, Gas Barge and Torture Barge, they sould also have Madness Manipulation from being able to torture somebody as tought as Tai to the point of suicide.

So what are the summarised conclusions here?

Effectively:

1. COG Soldiers are 9-A, Drones are the same. Corpsers and Brumaks scale to Corpsers creating multi-block wide earthquakes while moving underground, which is an at least 8-B feat scaling from a similar occurance in another series (The Snake from Sekiro)

2. A large list of profiles need to be made, which all need their own powers and scaling.

3. There's more revisions to do for other things, like Jack and some Locust Specific abilities, but they require a seperate thread.

4. Some explanation is to be done about the inner workings of the Locust Horde and Swarm, which will be done by me as soon as I get back home from work.

Okay. It is best to get some accepted calculation blogs before you start to create profiles though.

Okay. I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can message me later if you need my help after you have made some progress.

Alright. Almost done with the blog post.

I didn't expect it to take so long but life works in ways intended to mess with my plans.

Either way, it's more of a lore post that details how the locust and swarm hivemind works, and some of the technical abilities of the COG.

Im also struggling to find renders for the GoW 1:UE Savage Drone, If anybody can share a picture with good quality I would gladly render it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale#Richter_magnitudes

According to the Richter scale:

(A Magnitude 7 quake) Causes damage to most buildings, some to partially or completely collapse or receive severe damage. Well-designed structures are likely to receive damage. Felt across great distances with major damage mostly limited to 250 km from epicenter.
which is more correlated to the ones in UE, however, I doubt they can reach as far as 250 km, so a Magnitude 6-6.5 could also be applied.
And since the Corpser's quakes can be felt across entire cities they wouldnt be affected by the Earthquake revisions.

I applied Magnitude 4.5-5.5 to avoid catching the quake revisions' eye.

I chose the values because we don't know how large Montevado is, though it's likely the size of most modern cities. And corpserquakes rarely damage buildings far from them, they mainly crack streets and damage the surrounding area

It most likely won't, as in GoW1 and RAAM's Shadow state that the Corpser's seismic activity can be felt across entire cities, while the Earthquake revisions targets characters able to create queakes that can tumbledown buildings and such but have low reaches, meaning that they arent real quakes.

I would say scratch the 4.5 and use 5 to 6 since thats considerated "Slight damage to buildings and other structures" while 4.5 is just slight indoor shaking.

So.

My computer has been in the shop for the past few days, and I just got news back that it's bricked. The HDD died and the battery is also kill.

Which means a lot of notes and profiles I was creating off site have been lost. In addition my abilities to create profiles and pages has now been made extremely limited because I can only use mobile.

This sucks, but I'm gonna have to suck it up and keep moving.

Yeah, well, that's life.

I'll probably have to figure out the mobile editors for a bit but I'll try to be back to profile creating in a day or two.

Back