• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Gears of War versewide Revision: Chainsaw Bypass Edition

Another quick thing, do you think we can do scaling based on Tai's durability, because that man survived way more shit than he should have in 2 relatively unharmed

Tai's durability would fall into the range of 9-A, since most of the feats he performs are possble at 9-A and he also shouldn't be too much better than Marcus, really.

Also, looking through the Gears Wiki and seeing that the ash people were inspired by the people of Pompeii, it's clear that it was meant for shock value

That Small Building level durability calculation was accepted. I said I was fine with it, but still feel unsure about whether or not it's a chain reaction to knock the ceiling down; considering the floor was undamaged. It could have simply slightly damaged the ceiling, and the rest opened further naturally due to natural gravity. I'm also fine with the characters being 9-A at least for now. And I'm also fine with heavier weapons being 9-A, but I don't think we should backwards scale to every single handgun for reasons I'll mention in another thread at some point. Taking damage by weaker handguns could be argued as penetration and/or game mechanics. The Snub Pistol still has the 9-B feat of "Shattering skulls" which lighter weapons could be 9-B from that.

Yeah, that sounds fine.

And as far as I can tell, there wasn't anything around to start the chain reaction. The floor being intact is likely just a developer/writer oversight.

So that's 1 admin approval down. Now we need the other 2.

I mentioned somewhere in the blog, that sometimes ceilings naturally collapse due to just a slight instability and the laws of gravity. Sometimes, fragmenting ceilings require a lot less energy then an object on solid ground. Avalanches are sometimes caused by similar events and Red Vs Blue was downgraded from 8-B to 9-A due to one of the 8-B calculations (Which had something to do with causing an avalanche) being considered a chain reaction. But as I said, unless another calc group member double checks, I'm fine with using it.

That is fair. But still, it works, and there's not any other good feats right now.

I think I could probably find a few other 9-A feats (surviving Helicopter crashes from extremely high up, among other things), but this feat gets them to that level and that was one of my goals starting off.

My next goal is to fix all of the existing profiles then to create the COG's profiles.

Then revising the Locust horde.

I agree with Knight, 9-A Gears and Heavy Weaponry are good, the HoD feat was accepted by Mr. Bambu and it has the supporting feat of 3 HoDs being able to completely destroy/scorch Halvo Bay, which is a giant city surrounded by mountain ranges.

The best feat for an individual character afair is Karn surviving the Lightmass missile at point blank range without a scratch, which blowed up the Museum of Military Glory and made this giant explosio, Karn isnt even the strongest Locust physically speaking, as Skorge and RAAM are far stronger, with Marcus being able to brawl against the former, the scaling is: Karn<RAAM<Skorge<Sraak, I think Barrick was able to damage RAAM physically in RAAM's Shadow, but Im not completely sure, however, RAAM and Skorge are well above Karn undoubtedly.

We still don't know how Karn survived the Lightmass Missile. He very well could've fled to the hollows or his mount could have blocked it, we don't know enough as to his survival and it would be a massive outlier anyway.

Also, disagree with the scaling chain. Skorge is able to be damaged enough by Marcus's melee that he was forced to flee, which never happens with RAAM. Additionally, RAAM took the same chainsaw that could damage Skorge, blocked it with his hand, crushed it, and threw it aside casually. If you think it was his armor that blocked it, blood was spurting from his hand (Pain Tolerance for RAAM is a thing in the Locust Revisions btw), meaning it had pierced his armor, and his own durability was able to stop it.

RAAM was never damaged by Zeta Squad (Barricks squad) either, he was damaged by them shooting down his personal Reaver, and a King Raven crashing down onto him, then exploding. Even then, he was still mostly fine, with only his leg trapped and some minor wounds.

As for Sraak, he was able to beat RAAM in combat, but barely, and RAAM credits the win to his armor, so it's up in the air as to who is actually stronger.

Either way though, Karn is at the bottom.

I'm currently working on a blog post to describe the details of the Locust Horde and how their Hive Mind works, so I've been shoulder deep in the expanded lore.

We dont know the yield of the Lightmass missile, it could be around 8-C to High 8-C which is still around the level of the Gears, not to mention that disregarding it because we dont know how he survived is approaching headcanon.

The Grenades could, well, just scale, the GoW 2 feat for them is just scratching the surface in terms of their AP.

I agree with Knight on that, that's pretty much the cut and paste definition of backwards scaling or loophole. Grenades should be well below nukes.

KnightOfSunlight said:
I, uh, really don't think hand grenades can scale to a friggin GoW equivalent to a nuclear bomb
Then what would be the current scaling? 9-A physically?

I still think the feat could be calcd, maybe just to scale to the Shibboleth.

The current scaling is that any basic drones and gears scale to 9-A via the grenade feat, and other stronger foes scale above them.

And that's fine.

About HoD scaling, I would say that Brumaks, Corpsers and other heavy caliber monsters would scale (Ex. Tempest) and the Berserker, most of the would scale AP wise, like the Brumak brawling against a Corpser, but others like the Tempest and Berserker would still be 9-A from killing Gears as they dont have circular reasoning.

The Riftworm would also scale but obviously Marcus and Delta wont as they killed him from inside, maybe a "likely higher" physically but not much.

Also, most Locust Commanders should have Animal Manip. from being able to control their War-Beast (Kryll for RAAM, Riftworm for Skorge, Shibboleth for Karn, etc...) and some of them can even control Hollow creatures, mainly Karn, Skorge and the rest of the Kantus.

Almost all characters should have Mid-Low from regenerating from bullet wounds, heavy burns, etc...

Brumaks and Corpsers don't scale to the HoD, in fact, almost nothing does.

Brumaks can be killed by chaingun fire, and corpsers by structural collapse. Neither of those would ever come close to Large Island Level like the Hammer. Of course, Brumaks can destroy skyscrapers with melee and Corpsers can cause tiny earthquakes by slamming down their claws or traveling underground. A solid High 8-C feat for the Brumak and a semi-solid High 8-C/8-B feat for the Corpser.

Berserkers can't be killed by either of those, however, I'd still say they'd be 9-A, with just amped durability (A likely higher)

The Riftworm could scale to 7-C off of size alone, since its corpse/skeleton does actually contain a town in Gears 5, and that's only in the front end of its head. Of course, it also performs city level feats of destruction, and it taking a High 6-C laser from space honestly wouldn't be too much of a shock.

Locust commanders have Limited Animal control, not too much more to say.

Regen from bullets is game mechanics. Nobody in the story actually regenerates gunshots. Berserkers regen their skin after a hammer drop, which is an actual feat for regen, but still.

I'm planning to adress a lot of things about the Locust Horde in their revision and the blog post about their past and basic functions.

Brumaks and Corpser being killed by chaingun is also heavily rooted on game mechanics and simple PIS, most of the time they are defeated by striking their weakpoints and the gas tanks in their back, the Corpser on the other hand was able to survive semi-consistent HoD fire as seen in the GoW 4 flashbacks.

EDIT: Would be adding a tad bit more scaling:

• The Brumak from the beggining of RAAM's shadow surviving various HoD strikes.
Yeah, the Berserker and Tempest would only be High 6-C dura. wise.

It would just be normal Animal Control, other characters can only control single pets and they still have basic Animal Manip.

I think the comics mention the Gears having a really good healing factor due to their bodies adapting to that sort of wounds since the Pendulum wars, would be looking for the scan.

Wait now that I think it, the calc. that put the HoD at High 6-C was the hammer at "full power".

The ones that the Brumaks and Corpsers are able to survive are probably just tactical strikes, which would be around 8-A to 7-C from the Battle ship feat (Which actually completely destroyed various battleships with a single continous strike) and this one, which was perormed by two low power beams on a single short strike.

This, funny enough would also be supported by them quaking city blocks, which varies from 8-A to 7-C depending on the quake.

The Tempest would still be High 6-C tho.

Corpsers and Brumaks are really inconsistent in the games with all the ways they were killed:

Corpsers: drowning in Imulsion (1), getting shot by chain guns (2), being slammed into a wall by a Brumak (2), getting oneshot by a Centaur cannon (novel), having a highway collapse on it (3), Hammer of Dawn (4 flashbacks) (this is considering adults only, of course)

Brumak: Having its rockets explode (Shadow of RAAM), electrocution (1), Crushed by rocks (either novel or 2), shot by Centaur cannon (2), getting shot by a chain gun (2), getting hit by Dizzy's truck (2), getting bombarded by mortars (2), getting hit by Locust mortars (3), and decapitation (3)

We can calc the AP of both via size and their actual feats, and the backscale some of those weapons, like the Centaur's cannons. Of course, some of those deaths are just blatant outliers, like the chainguns and Dizzy's truck.

I will say drowning in imulsion isn't an AP death and is more of Bio/Disease death due to the parasitic nature of imulsion. We've seen how quickly it can mutate something in GoW2, so it's likely that the corpser began undergoing the mutations and sank to the bottom of the lake before it could fully mutate.

Anyway, the current order of my goals has changed somewhat:

1. Calc the basic AP and Dura of all basic humanoids and their weapons (Mostly done, need more calcs for better reinforcement of the currently accepted calc)

2. Research and then write a blog post or CRT that goes over, in detail, the mechanics of the Locust Horde, their hivemind, and the powers that it gives them (in progress)

3. Revise all of the existing profiles with the granted powers and new AP ratings (Marcus has the powers but not AP [waiting for the Locust Horde revisions to be done], need to revise Clayton and Drones)

4. Create all the new profiles.

Was the Riftworm armored on the outside with its hide? Because then it makes sense that its squishy internal organs can be chainsawed by Lancers but the skin could not. Then again, Marcus cut his way out in a cutscene and he pierced the skin pretty easily, so I don't know

Him cutting through the riftworm's hide can be seen as an outlier, since well.

And yeah, the Riftworm was armored. It was basically a giant Rockworm.

Looking into the Gears Wiki, Garon stated that a high-yield Lightmass Missile could destroy Halvo Bay easily and his scars are from being too close to one going off. Also, apparently the real-world equivalent for the missile is most likely either a JDAM bomb or a thermobaric missile, so we have that to work it.

The missile is single target rather than your run of the mil nuke, thats why I mentioned we could use it for scaling as the explosion looks around Tier 8 (8-C to High 8-C or so).

I would say that normal strikes are 8-A to 7-C, the latter feats like the one from the two low level beams could easily be 7-C (Ask for a calc.) eyeballing it and since it could kill Corpsers which could cause Quakes felt across a big city would put his sheer KE at 7-C or even High 7-C, if the missile the Shibboleth tanked was supposed to be a high yielding one it would also mean that it was around Tier 7 mark which would scale to the rest of the High Ranking Beast.

Correct me If Im wrong but didnt the Centaur survive Brumak and Corpser attacks? If so the Lance and Skorge's weapon are suprisingly very good at dura. negation since Skorge's weapon cut it in half and its chainsaw are comparable in strenght to the Lancers' as seen in their battle.

Back