• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Davoth Overhaul (DOOM)

That "chosen one" prophecy we see in said entries were because of Davoth, they were part of his plan.
Probably should reword it better as it sounds like Davoth could likely gifted Doomslayer so he make sure that he is able to get his revenge through indirect means and that one mean is the Doomslayer himself.

Also not sure if it is truly Fate Manipulation as it is rather confusing tbh.
Davoth's chosen one, specifically. The one he created to take revenge on the Maykrs.
Wait, that reminds me, didn’t Doomslayer got sealed in the end of Ancient Gods Part 2 by the Maykrs or was that other beings?

Probably should reword it better as it sounds like Davoth could likely gifted Doomslayer so he make sure that he is able to get his revenge through indirect means and that one mean is the Doomslayer himself.
It seems like the sort of thing that is based on interpretation. You can say that this is just Davoth's power, or he gave The Slayer the power to manipulate destiny. There is actually a good bit of evidence for the latter, I know since I have this off-site Google Doc that goes over all the evidence on The Slayer having a form Fate Manipulation that condemns his opponent to eventually die to him that I'm too scared to post on here.

It seems like the sort of thing that is based on interpretation. You can say that this is just Davoth's power, or he gave The Slayer the power to manipulate destiny. There is actually a good bit of evidence for the latter, I know since I have this off-site Google Doc that goes over all the evidence on The Slayer having a form Fate Manipulation that condemns his opponent to eventually die to him that I'm too scared to post on here.
I mean we only got just the codex entries and it sure as hell is left up to interpretation as said here I think.

Oh wait, Doomguy has this on his profile:
Acausality (Type 1; His existence, and him causing the destruction to the Maykrs was considered the only constant within infinite possibilities, unchanged by the flowing data of endless variability, despite the ability of Maykrs to travel through dimensions and time. The omniscience available to the Maykr collective was incapable of revealing the identity of the prophesized destroyer, leading the Maykrs to rely on blood tests for the strongest Sentinel warriors through the Divinity Machine instead)

Also not sure if it is truly Fate Manipulation as it is rather confusing tbh.
Fate manipulation was the simplest thing to default to.
Wait, that reminds me, didn’t Doomslayer got sealed in the end of Ancient Gods Part 2 by the Maykrs or was that other beings?

Seraphs. But this isn't really relevant since he doesn't like, have a goal. He's done his job for now, that's why they sealed him and there was text saying they hope they should never need him again.

Oh wait, Doomguy has this on his profile:
Acausality (Type 1; His existence, and him causing the destruction to the Maykrs was considered the only constant within infinite possibilities, unchanged by the flowing data of endless variability, despite the ability of Maykrs to travel through dimensions and time. The omniscience available to the Maykr collective was incapable of revealing the identity of the prophesized destroyer, leading the Maykrs to rely on blood tests for the strongest Sentinel warriors through the Divinity Machine instead)

There was this, yeah, but this was before we considered that Davoth had some play in this since the reason the Slayer is that way is because of something with Davoth, Davoth being the one who set it all up, after all.

This, along with probability manipulation usually require stricter evidence like them actually manipulating chances or the laws of cause and effect. Fate Manipulation required the least assumptions while fitting the bill, which is why we suggested it. The main thing up for interpretation is if we still consider it a thing of Davoth or if we consider it an ability that Davoth gave the slayer, or something the slayer naturally had on his own, etc.

There was this, yeah, but this was before we considered that Davoth had some play in this since the reason the Slayer is that way is because of something with Davoth, Davoth being the one who set it all up, after all.
Fair enough, but what about Davoth’s death? Aside from his revenge on the Maykrs, is there other goals he has in mind?

This, along with probability manipulation usually require stricter evidence like them actually manipulating chances or the laws of cause and effect. Fate Manipulation required the least assumptions while fitting the bill, which is why we suggested it. The main thing up for interpretation is if we still consider it a thing of Davoth or if we consider it an ability that Davoth gave the slayer, or something the slayer naturally had on his own, etc.
But does destiny involved in the infinite possibilities, variables, and so on? I don’t think so as it doesn’t look like it involved directly manipulating destiny itself.

Fair enough, but what about Davoth’s death? Aside from his revenge on the Maykrs, is there other goals he has in mind?
His goal was to protect Humanity, which is why he killed Davoth. He had to remove the threat of Hell entirely, since the demons had gotten into Urdak and could go literally anywhere in the multiverse, which makes them a massive threat to humanity/earth. Killing Davoth sealed Hell away due to Primeval bs. Revenge on the Maykrs is a goal Davoth gave him, but protecting earth/humanity is a goal the Slayer himself has.

But does destiny involved in the infinite possibilities, variables, and so on? I don’t think so as it doesn’t like it involved directly manipulating destiny itself.
That's why we're not sure on what the power really is, and we're leaving it up to what people think is best. We figured Fate Manipulation was the simplest, but since the infinite possibilities thing was brought up we thought of maybe probability manipulation.

His goal was to protect Humanity, which is why he killed Davoth. He had to remove the threat of Hell entirely, since the demons had gotten into Urdak and could go literally anywhere in the multiverse, which makes them a massive threat to humanity/earth. Killing Davoth sealed Hell away due to Primeval bs. Revenge on the Maykrs is a goal Davoth gave him, but protecting earth/humanity is a goal the Slayer himself has.
Oh, I mean does Davoth has other goals aside from his revenge?

I can edit the Davoth rewrite to say "Limited Fate Manipulation or Probability Manipulation" instead of just fate hax since it can be taken as either power. Would that work?

Oh, I mean does Davoth has other goals aside from his revenge?
He wanted revenge on the Father and the Maykrs first off, but at some point decided he wanted to destroy everything (what he says in the fight) and the Slayer, after achieving the revenge on the Maykrs thing, turned against him since he wanted to protect Humanity from Hell. I mean, the only reason the Slayer killed the Maykrs was because they were a threat to humanity.

He wanted revenge on the Father and the Maykrs first off, but at some point decided he wanted to destroy everything (what he says in the fight) and the Slayer, after achieving the revenge on the Maykrs thing, turned against him since he wanted to protect Humanity from Hell. I mean, the only reason the Slayer killed the Maykrs was because they were a threat to humanity.
I see.
Well in any case, I am pretty fine with rest of the CRT aside from the fate manipulation.

Try it

I think Possibly Probability/Fate works but that's just me
Maybe a note discussing the implications

Alright, edited in the changes. So far like 5 people agree with the CRT out of the thousand views this thread has received.

Good to hear. Gonna leave this up to a vote;

A. I wait for more takes on the CRT (even though they are coming in slower than molasses)

Or B. I go ahead and add the changes since people knowledgeable on the verse/a few staff are ok with it.

Good to hear. Gonna leave this up to a vote;

A. I wait for more takes on the CRT (even though they are coming in slower than molasses)

Or B. I go ahead and add the changes since people knowledgeable on the verse/a few staff are ok with it.
Which option is best?

Back