• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive dark souls Downgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gwyn doesn't live in Anor Londo by that point in time.

The Nameless King doesn't have anything scaling him to Gwyn.

The Nameless king can destroy giant statues by walking through them,can create a very powerful storm.And Gwyn's best feat is using a sunlight spear.

Edit:A sunlight spear wich he can't even use after linking the first flame,since it absorbed his soul.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Not at all because of range, stop strawmaning the calculation. IT is about KE, not size.

No it isn't, weaker being have Island level feats and stuff.

AoE Fallacy.
This whole reply make snow sense

Scans for island level feats?

AoE fallacy my ass, environmental destruction is not an uncommon thing in dks, when fighting bosses.

With that much force the entire peak should be blown away, even the guy below proves it with his message that nothing will remain.

Fodder storm is Fodder, a calculation based on destructibility is not something sacred and completely true.

It took all the lords+silver knights and withces to destroy the dragons.

Nameless king who is more fodder than Prime gwyn handling a country busting dragon on his own makes no sense.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You are the one making snow sense. the flimsy logic of your comments melts away under the slightest light.
And the bone of your wank breaks under my hair line.

Post scans or downgrade the verse already.

Calm down. It is better to discuss about the mentioned feat, so no downgrades for now.

I'm not interested enough in the star level ratings. That's territory I'd rather not approach.

Regarding the nature of the storm, it was never actually stated to have been created by anyone. Now, one could argue that it was created by the Nameless King as the storm dissipates after his death, but this is just speculation. In a series as vague as Dark Souls, the lack of such details isn't suprising. I'm not sure why the King of the Storm is being mentioned so frequently in this thread though. Although, I might have just answered my own question...

Unholy Bindings said:
And the bone of your wank breaks under my hair line.

Post scans or downgrade the verse already.
What kind of shit is that

I didn't know something as non sentient and non-physical as "wank" had bones.

Also we aren't going to downgrade something just because you tell us to. You're at the wrong site if you think we are going to do that.

1. No 4-C for not having sun in a Git Gud verse.

2. Upgrade Nito, NK and the gang to 4-C.

These are the options. I'm neutral so I don't care which. Tier 6 is okay I guess. Stormdrake feats sounds legit. Also the calc by Zany won't apply because no one knows if DS world is connected has a solar system at all. The sun isn't there so, nah.

We guys don't need to insult each other to make a point, I personally do not feel as if Matthew needed to insult him. We should get back on topic and discuss the downgrades again, or recap on them.

Here are the reason they need downgrades

Stellar:

Their AP does not have anything to do with powering the sun, assuming they can destroy it is false since they have no control over it, and no one in the verse has shown feats even close to solar system.

Furthermore, no one has posted scans that prove their power really does power the sun, it's never been said that the flame transports their power directly into the sun, it's never been said the flame and the sun are directly connected, all it was shown was that the cause of flame effects the sun.

For country:

Basically a force that drags a storm is being wanked to have country level potency, yet it shows not a single feat of actually destroying something, even the ashen one doesn't get blown away, so this force is pretty fodder. Its far-fetched to believe a force of that caliber would not destroy a single thing.

And again, no scans of stormdrake actually creating the storm, so this arguemenet was about a feat which was beleieved to be performed by the Drake so that this feat could then get wanked.

Before tou upgraded the top tiers were at town level, where they should have stayed, Mountain level if generous.

Tfw we out here arguing about Country level clouds when there was a calc of Planet level for busting a mountain.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yeah no, sorry man but your reasoning isnt sufficient to warrant a downgrade when basically everyone knowledgeable on the verse and the way we rate feats here disagrees with you
Yeah knowlegable means wanking a non existent feat that has nothing to do with AP and is way out of everything the verse has shown.

Also everyone so far has avoided posting scans I asked for and hoped I'd buy their petty bullshit. Yeah I'm not doing that untill I see legit scans. Pure beliefs and theories aren't convincing me.

Yeah knowlegable means wanking a non existent feat that has nothing to do with AP and is way out of everything the verse has shown.

Also everyone so far has avoided posting scans I asked for and hoped I'd buy their petty bullshit. Yeah I'm not doing that untill I see legit scans. Pure beliefs and theories aren't convincing me.

Holy hell, this revision thread is getting heated.

Anywho, going by that logic, we would be able to lower nearly every verse to tier 9 simply because there is a larger abundance of feats around that level (E.G, breaking rocks, shattering a wooden door, kicking someone a distance away, etc.), which would affect the wiki on a huge scale. We have to take in note that everytime we go 'lower' (Tier 5 to tier 9; decrease in strength, basically) in tiers, there are obviously going to be more feats supporting each tier. If we, say, rate a character 9-B based on various consistent wall-level feats, why don't we call that an outlier and say that they should be actually 10-C because they could survive exhaling a small amount of air, or taking a step foward, or many other more calculable sub-human feats? If we, say, have a bunch of consistent tier 7 feats for a character, we might as well use those, as the previous tier 9 feats for the character in question would be irrelevant.

A large quantity of other VSdebating sites already work identically to the way we do (Basing AP off of things such as storm generation and whatnot). And, as stated before by another poster, an attack that can exert a certain level of energy doesn't even need to have that area of effect to warrant it, sorta like how vaporizing a cubic meteor of water doesn't require you to create a large explosion with a diameter of over 17.7 meters. Or how rotating the Earth fast enough doesn't require you to create an explosion that can span hundreds of thousands of miles. An attack that can destroy a country-sized area can just as easily be an attack that either does it over a period of time (I.E, destroying a 10x10 mile radius of land every day), or it can simply carpet bomb an area with a plethora of weaker explosions.

It is non-existent. Do you wanna know why? Because Dark Souls doesn't give a shit about lore. I said it many times, you denied it many times. You need to wander around, read a ******* description for a ******* clothes and weapons for hundreds of hours just to get the lore. You can finish the game without knowing even basic lore about the verse.

The sun brightened the world of DS. Period. Wiki, YouTubers, every single one of DS lore expert say that. Damn. And also Kiln of the First Flame in DS3 where you fight Lord of Cinder. There is a flame climbing up in the air creating sun like figure.

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
It is non-existent. Do you wanna know why? Because Dark Souls doesn't give a shit about lore. I said it many times, you denied it many times. You need to wander around, read a ******* description for a ******* clothes and weapons for hundreds of hours just to get the lore. You can finish the game without knowing even basic lore about the verse.

The sun brightened the world of DS. Period. Wiki, YouTubers, every single one of DS lore expert say that. Damn. And also Kiln of the First Flame in DS3 where you fight Lord of Cinder. There is a flame climbing up in the air creating sun like figure.
Ohh I couldn't care less what you think about the lore and how you interpret it.

No Youtuber, Wiki and Expert can Justify something they feel best suits them, and do you know why? because there are no ******* scans, you want me to buy your bullshit, fine I'll glady do it, post scans... Ohhh wait, they don't exist, yeah, better make up my own image of what is really going on and sell it as valid. Furhtermore Im gonna wank a feat that has no context and scans to back it up because it doesn't say I can't.

Dark Souls is built around theories and headcanons. Nobody, nobody in a development team even if you ask them head-on, cannot give you confirmation.

"Star level ganging up with country level"

Because developers not intended to. Creator of Demonbane didn't intended for Elder God Demonbane to be high 1-A, FF developers didn't intended for Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) to be 4-B or he should bust the planet.

Here. The kiln of the first flame:

Images (66)

Dark Souls is built around theories and headcanons. Nobody, nobody in a development team even if you ask them head-on, cannot give you confirmation.

"Star level ganging up with country level"

Because developers not intended to. Creator of Demonbane didn't intended for Elder God Demonbane to be high 1-A, FF developers didn't intended for Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) to be 4-B or he should bust the planet.

Here. The kiln of the first flame:
Yeah, I know there is a sun in DS3, and? that still doesn't prove the top tiers are Solar system or star level.

Because you blabbering about how can age of the ancients be gray and ****** the whole lore everyone in Git Gud fandom agreed upon. The basic, basic lore. And before you say that it doesn't matter, it ******* is, because almost all of our feats comes from lore.

Everybody who visit this wiki have to adhere to our rules. That means trying to stay calm, patient, and polite. Cursing at and insulting each other is a big no-no, so everybody should calm down immediately.

@Reinhard

Okay, but don't let it happen again.

Because you blabbering about how can age of the ancients be gray and ****** the whole lore everyone in Git Gud fandom agreed upon. The basic, basic lore. And before you say that it doesn't matter, it ******* is, because almost all of our feats comes from lore.
Gray crags=/=Age of ancients is gray :/

"everyone in Git Gud fandom agreed upon"= Uhhh huh, when someone says something its sacred law, especially coming from a fandom that is always in favor of every positive aspect. When you have a lack of information to justify a certain feat that is way out of anyone's grasp in the verse then, it becomes an outlier.

"because almost all of our feats comes from lore."

Fueling the sun with your power was never stated in the lore, sun beign directly connected to the first flame and supplying power to the sun was never in the lore, Sun just appearing because the first flame appeared wasn't in the lore... unless you have scans...

Bindings, I told you to calm down and try to be patient and polite, as is required of all members in this wiki.

Antvasima said:
Bindings, I told you to calm down and try to be patient and polite, as is required of all members in this wiki.
As you can see I have calmed down, I have requested in game proof of said feats and I have been repeatedly ignored. I do not intend to succumb to convenient claims and the bone of wank.

Yes, it is. It is gray. The cinematic is gray. The lore says it's gray. Everything says it's gray.

Because everyone knows that there is a flame that is lighting them. Everyone can tilt their camera to above. There is a line between legit lore and theories, troll lore and theories, bad lore and theories and ignorance.

Yes, that is why you are playing to begin with. Yes, it is stated and obvious. It's literally in the background, the drive of the cursed and just look at the pic. First flame made the "sun".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back