• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massacre Solider vs Oni

Link ain't working bud.
@TheMonkeMan & @Eminiteable Sorry does this work?
True, but if we got off her feats in Base and Hybrid and compare them to Kaidou's base and hybrid she's still shown to be inferior in feats even if she didn't have the opportunity to grow stronger with her fruit like he did.
Not sure if Base Kaido(no Hao or Drunk boosts) could stop a hit intented to kill Dragon Momo. Momo's durability scales to his AP if we compare him to other dragons.
The specific example I was thinking off was act 1 base Luffy dodging a Bolo breath from drunk Kaidou & Shinobu react in time to avoid being hit by it.

Also while Kaidou being drunk amped his haki if I remember correctly his physical stats were shown roughly to be around the same level as before.
That was a non serious drunk Kaido, not Kaido using Shuron Hakke/Drunken Modes fighting style. Firstly drunk Kaido was way farther from the castle making it quite easier for Shinobu to react. Secondly, she did break the ground below her before base Kaido could reach her/Momo.

Base Luffy~Normal Hybrid Kaido. His Laughing Drunk's speed suprised Luffy & his other forms could fight with G2/4
I suppose a better example than Luffy that requires less interpretation would be Ulti reacting to Yamato's thunder Bagua (this was shown in the anime and manga) and comments later that it's inferior to Kaidou's.
She calls it blunder bagua yet Page 1 comments that hit her really hard. Ulti could've said it out of anger as usual. Like her thinking she could beat BM. Maybe Yamato didn't go all out on ther TB. The next time they meet, Yamato ignores her going after Momo instead of taking advantage & trying KOing her for good in her weakest form, her base.
I'd chalk this up to Kaido underestimating them as usual, he's done it before after all.
Like he didn't do anything to defend himself when the trio Supernova attacked him the 1st time?

Last edited:
@TheMonkeMan & @Eminiteable Sorry does this work?

Not sure if Base Kaido(no Hao or Drunk boosts) could stop a hit intented to kill Dragon Momo. Momo's durability scales to his AP if we compare him to other dragons.

That was a non serious drunk Kaido, not Kaido using Shuron Hakke/Drunken Modes fighting style. Firstly drunk Kaido was way farther from the castle making it quite easier for Shinobu to react. Secondly, she did break the ground below her before base Kaido could reach her/Momo.

Base Luffy~Normal Hybrid Kaido. His Laughing Drunk's speed suprised Luffy & his other forms could fight with G2/4

She calls it blunder bagua yet Page 1 comments that hit her really hard. Ulti could've said it out of anger as usual. Like her thinking she could beat BM. Maybe Yamato didn't go all out on ther TB. The next they meet, Yamato ignores her to after Momo instead of taking advantage & trying KOing her for good in her weakest form, her base.

Like he didn't do anything to defend himself when the trio Supernova attacked him the 1st time?
Yeah the link works now. Great points btw.

Whether or not it would have truly killed him is unknown, but Base Kaidou being above Dragon Momo's AP is legimtate.

Fair enough with Shinobu.

Some states may amp his speed like laughing drunk but it's shown to be inconsistent as other times base Luffy still is shown relative & Gear 2nd blitzes. I'll maybe go into more detail later.
She calls it blunder bagua yet Page 1 comments that hit her really hard. Ulti could've said it out of anger as usual.
Possibly, main point here is that she reacted to it even when she wasn't aware it was coming.

Gear 2nd Luffy at this time was capable of blitzing Ulti & even when he knew the attack was coming & tried using future Sight to dodge it failed.

Whether or not it would have truly killed him is unknown, but Base Kaidou being above Dragon Momo's AP is legimtate.
After Kaido & BM Hao dueled for 3 days neither did visible damage each other. Does Base Kaido with no haki even have enough AP to make his Dragon self grunt?
Possibly, main point here is that she reacted to it even when she wasn't aware it was coming.

Gear 2nd Luffy at this time was capable of blitzing Ulti & even when he knew the attack was coming & tried using future Sight to dodge it failed
She turned around before Yamato did the TB. She could've sensed her presence seeing how they were actively searching for her.

The same G2, you scaled>>Ulti reflexes, got his attacks blocked by Yamato despite him putting more effort & yet you scale Utli's reactions to the TB??

Last edited:
Nobody. He had no reason to fight any slower either.
So if he was the exact same speed (as we have no reason to assume that Luffy as fighting slower or faster against Yamato than he was against Ulti), then why does this matter?

Also, can't we just scale Yamato's reactions to her own Thunder Bagua?

So if he was the exact same speed (as we have no reason to assume that Luffy as fighting slower or faster against Yamato than he was against Ulti), then why does this matter?

Also, can't we just scale Yamato's reactions to her own Thunder Bagua?
My problem was how he was scaling Ulti's reactions to the TB despite Yamato's normal combat speed matching G2.

Dunno tbh?

TBF If I was more specific right from the start with the speed part, he probably wouldn't have pinged you. I'll take part of the blame for this.

TBF If I was more specific right from the start with the speed part, he probably wouldn't have pinged you. I'll take part of the blame for this.
I don't care that much lol. No need to apologize.
What? You both mentioned 2 completely different things.
But like, he countered your points, and you saw me like his comment ( thus I agree ) so there wasn't a need to go straight to my comment to say I was off track with it.
I'll drop this, though. I'm busy trying to get these stomp matches people made with Sans closed, and I don't need to start another war with you.

Bro what are you on about

You commented first, so I replied to you first. Fire commented second, so I replied to him after. It's not that hard of a concept to understand.

Flp7Pe6WAAY2T1p

Sorry for the late response.
After Kaido & BM Hao dueled for 3 days neither did visible damage each other. Does Base Kaido with no haki even have enough AP to make his Dragon self grunt?
Probably, Kid did something similar with his punk Gibson he just didn't leave any visible damage. Momo's feat is very likely weaker than Kid's as his was done with piercing damage yet failed to do any visible damage while Kid's was blunt force.
She turned around before Yamato did the TB. She could've sensed her presence seeing how they were actively searching for her.
Thunder Bagua was already active most likely in the manga and the anime shows this as well, with Bagua techniques they typically don't say the attack name until after they've moved past and struck their opponent.
The same G2, you scaled>>Ulti reflexes, got his attacks blocked by Yamato despite him putting more effort & yet you scale Utli's reactions to the TB??
It's possible for Yamato to block that hit without being relative/equal to Gear 2nd's speed, all it requires is for her base to have reaction speed relative to gear 2nd.

Another thing to note about that encounter is that it was a gear 3rd + 2nd strike which is inevitably going to be slower than 2nd alone, and we see when they start matching each other Luffy goes back to base rather than use gear 2nd.

Ulti in base was also shown to be somewhat relative to Base Yamato, showing that Base Yamato's speed isn't at the level of gear 2nd.

Last edited:
Probably, Kid did something similar with his punk Gibson he just didn't leave any visible damage. Momo's feat is very likely weaker than Kid's as his was done with piercing damage yet failed to do any visible damage while Kid's was blunt force.
That doesn't prove Base Kaido no haki can do that tho. I'm ok with Punk Slam*>Momo's bite.
Thunder Bagua was already active most likely in the manga and the anime shows this as well, with Bagua techniques they typically don't say the attack name until after they've moved past and struck their opponent.
Since you brought up the anime, Ulti reacts to her random screaming. When the kanabo emits electricity/starts activating TB, then Ulti's eye is frozen while the Kanabo still moved.
It's possible for Yamato to block those hits without being relative/equal to Gear 2nd's speed, all it requires is for her base to have reaction speed relative to gear 2nd.

Another thing to note about that encounter is that it was a gear 3rd + 2nd strike which is inevitably going to be slower than 2nd alone, and we see when they start matching each other Luffy goes back to base rather than use gear 2nd.

Ulti in base was also shown to be somewhat relative to Base Yamato, showing that Base Yamato's speed isn't at the level of gear 2nd.
She's changing the kanabo's position several times to block consecutive strikes & blocked a punch with a kick, how isn't this combat speed?
rwh8U7G.png
u6cBuvr.png
oH336Qq.png

He still has G2 steam.

Base Ulti is relative to Yamato's speed casue Yamato was blocking her?

That doesn't prove Base Kaido no haki can do that tho. I'm ok with Punk Slam*>Momo's bite.
His Punk Rotten "form" which performed that feat was completely overpowered by a strike from Big Mom w/Napoleon who is equal to Base Kaidou.
Since you brought up the anime, Ulti reacts to her random screaming. When the kanabo emits electricity/starts activating TB, then Ulti's eye is frozen while the Kanabo still moved.
I brought up both as they both show her react to Yamato mid swing, the attack was already in progress when Ulti reacted as shown by everyone else moving in slow motion and the fact Yamato is literally attacking as Ulti looks at her.
She's changing the kanabo's position several times to block consecutive strikes & blocked a punch with a kick, how isn't this combat speed?
rwh8U7G.png
u6cBuvr.png
oH336Qq.png

He still has G2 steam.
This is base Luffy, while there is dust from the strikes/speed it isn't smoke produced by Gear 2nd as I'll go into now:
Here's some examples of Luffy using Gear 2nd, smoke trails off his body:
d9f56a1.png
5kstAb7.png

Here are some examples of dust just appearing in combat:
o5BOnMr.png
1xST7py.png

Further support for that just being base Luffy is that visually when Luffy fights in Gear 2nd his attacks aren't visible due to the visual effect of his speed (even when used against opponent's faster than him) yet here it's similar to just base fighting.
Base Ulti is relative to Yamato's speed casue Yamato was blocking her?
Was referring to this moment.

His Punk Rotten "form" which performed that feat was completely overpowered by a strike from Big Mom w/Napoleon who is equal to Base Kaidou.
Tbf she used Ikoku Sovereignty which IIRC is a special 3-Homie move that is above her normal power.

Even post-Udon Luffy got the **** out of the way when Big Mom fired it at him.

Tbf she used Ikoku Sovereignty which IIRC is a special 3-Homie move that is above her normal power.

Even post-Udon Luffy got the **** out of the way when Big Mom fired it at him.
Idk what made you think that, Ikoku sovereignty is just a flying strike using her elbaf swordsmanship with Napoleon alone.

Idk why I think base Luffy dodging is supposed to be more impressive than whatever Base Kaidou can do.

She didn't overpowered, she outright blasted it. That shows how that "form" lacks good durability. The Kaifus destroyed it(with Kid saying it's made out of junk anyway) while Killer blades easily reflect even tho Punk Rotten made Kaido scream while Killer's blades couldn't even make him flinch
This is base Luffy, while there is dust from the strikes/speed it isn't smoke produced by Gear 2nd as I'll go into now:
Here's some examples of Luffy using Gear 2nd, smoke trails off his body:
d9f56a1.png
5kstAb7.png

Here are some examples of dust just appearing in combat:
o5BOnMr.png
1xST7py.png

Further support for that just being base Luffy is that visually when Luffy fights in Gear 2nd his attacks aren't visible due to the visual effect of his speed (even when used against opponent's faster than him) yet here it's similar to just base fighting.
OK
Was referring to this moment.
Still looks like blocking like with Luffy. If she was fighting back or being serious, she would've knocked her down like with Drake who's stronger than Ulti & was guarding with both weapons.

She didn't overpowered, she outright blasted it. That shows how that "form" lacks good durability. The Kaifus destroyed it(with Kid saying it's made out of junk anyway) while Killer blades easily reflect even tho Punk Rotten made Kaido scream while Killer's blades couldn't even make him flinch
This
Still looks like blocking like with Luffy. If she was fighting back or being serious, she would've knocked her down like with Drake who's stronger than Ulti & was guarding with both weapons.
Yeah, seems kinda like she's just blocking.

Fair enough, I suppose a far more direct comparison than Kid & using Big Mom would be this: the scabbard with their piercing attacks made Kaidou scream and actually cut into him, yet Kaidou later in base alone effortlessly overpowered them.

Regarding the killer & Kid point. Kid trying to compress Base Kaidou's insides with the same form barely made him react while Killer made Kaidou's neck throb in pain from his hit.
Looks a bit different than when she wa shown blocking considering the multiple impact strikes, unless I'm wrong the anime also shows this as a clash rathe than simple blocking.

Fair enough, I suppose a far more direct comparison than Kid & using Big Mom would be this: the scabbard with their piercing attacks made Kaidou scream and actually cut into him, yet Kaidou later in base alone effortlessly overpowered them.

Regarding the killer & Kid point. Kid trying to compress Base Kaidou's insides with the same form barely made him react while Killer made Kaidou's neck throb in pain from his hit.

Looks a bit different than when she wa shown blocking considering the multiple impact strikes, unless I'm wrong the anime also shows this as a clash rathe than simple blocking.
I mean, Slam Gibson was just Kidd slamming down Kaido, and he ******* roared in pain when he got slammed, and complimented Kidd alongside Law and Luffy as having found a way to hurt him.

I mean, Slam Gibson was just Kidd slamming down Kaido, and he ******* roared in pain when he got slammed, and complimented Kidd alongside Law and Luffy as having found a way to hurt him.
Okay idk about him roaring in pain, he said "Gwah". He got a reaction out of him at least.

AP: Killer deflected Tatsumaki Kaifu's from Kaido, which did notable damage to G5 Luffy and forced Law to dodge. They should also be as strong as his normal Kaifu's, which made Law dodge them as well and made G4 Luffy dodge.

Base Yamato downscales from Hybrid Kaido via blocking a hit from him, which should make Killer about as strong as Yamato's base.

However, she has Hao Infusion (which matched Hao Infused Hybrid Kaido even when she was in base) and Zoan forms, so those give her the AP advantage.

Speed: Base Yamato and Killer both kept up with the Yonko, but Yamato has Zoan amps and Thunder Bagua. So she wins here too.

Durability: Hybrid Yamato took 5 consecutive Hao Infused Hybrid attacks from an enraged Kaido and was relatively fine. Her Zoan form lets her win durability as well.

Her ice attacks also let her dominate from a range.

Still voting Yamato.

Base Yamato downscales from Hybrid Kaido via blocking a hit from him, which should make Killer about as strong as Yamato's base.
Base weakened Hybrid Kaidou lol. So Killer's base A.P is greater
However, she has Hao Infusion (which matched Hao Infused Hybrid Kaido even when she was in base) and Zoan forms, so those give her the AP advantage.
When? Zoan forms do give the overall advantage though.
Speed: Base Yamato and Killer both kept up with the Yonko, but Yamato has Zoan amps and Thunder Bagua. So she wins here too.
Yamato's base doesn't scale to Yonko speed, when they blocked the attack Kaidou was meters away. Zoan forms are equal, Thunder Bagua greater. I'd add though that Killer's acrobatics can give him a solid way to dodge straight forward Thunder Bagua.
Durability: Hybrid Yamato took 5 consecutive Hao Infused Hybrid attacks from an enraged Kaido and was relatively fine. Her Zoan form lets her win durability as well.
Yamato was shown to be out like a light after those 5 attacks in the latest episode.
Her ice attacks also let her dominate from a range.
One easy to predict ice attack doesn't give huge range advantage.

Back