• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASK de Smith takes on a Hell Smile... in the RING! (MASK vs Bray Wyatt)

trying to come up with thematic matchups for the smith syndicate since ive been replaying killer7

MASK de Smith -
Bray Wyatt -
Travis and NOTORIOUS tag-team them (Incon) -

RULES:
  • Fight takes place in a ring, so both are in their wrestling mindset
  • Both start in melee distance of eachother
  • MASK cannot switch with the other personalities (Not sure if this would make the thread be moved to F&G or not)
  • Using Bray and MASK's 9-A ratings
  • Speed equalized

Last edited:
Interesting fight lol, idk if this can be added tho

Mask does have the LS edge there at least from the looks of it though

idk if this can be added tho
Hard as hell to find good matches for them, I'll get one eventually.
Mask does have the LS edge there at least from the looks of it though
It's a weird case since Bray has two ratings for his LS, one where he's Peak Human, while in the other he scales to guys that are Class 5 to 25. Definitely gonna limit it to his Peak Human rating, but it'd look like I'm trying to give MASK advantages so I'm not sure.

It's a weird case since Bray has two ratings for his LS, one where he's Peak Human, while in the other he scales to guys that are Class 5 to 25. Definitely gonna limit it to his Peak Human rating, but it'd look like I'm trying to give MASK advantages so I'm not sure.
Yeah... that's something that needs some fixing.

I forgot how shitty some of these profiles are.

Please do.
Alright.
MASK is from a verse where wrestling is considered a real martial art and has plenty of skilled wrestlers. Before becoming a personae of the Smith Syndicate, MASK was known as a famous, semi-professional wrestler even outside of his small town, and was skilled enough that he was going to debut in real professional wrestling. Not really wrestling, but technically still a martial art that has a few grappling techniques, he was so skilled at karate that at just the age of 12 he received multiple offers from a variety of MMA organizations. While not outright stated, it's implied that he also used to train with the likes of Travis Touchdown, who himself is a ridiculously skilled wrestler who can also perform a wide variety of wrestling moves, as well as instantly learn and remember a plethora of wrestling techniques.

Onto more general combat stuff, the Smith Syndicate themselves are stated to rival a small army, and in the verse MASK is from, even the low-tier Instinctive Reaction feats found within it absolutely sweep the best IR feats from WWE, which is a lot. Just know that MASK has combat-applicable IR.

A quick question before I continue: are we using 'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt, or just Bray Wyatt?
Ordinary Bray, but he's allowed to switch to the Fiend, which I think will just make MASK stop trying to wrestle him and instead immediately attempt to gun him down with explosives.

The thing about Bray Wyatt is that he's very good at playing mind games with his opponents.

He's a skilled wrestler (not as skilled as Smith), but that's not exactly his forte. He tends to get in his opponents head and throw them off their game so he can take advantage and take the victory.

He's more so a brawler than a technical wrestler, which makes his offense more explosive and hard-hitting. His high tolerance for pain is also something Smith can't overlook. Even in Wyatt's base form.

With 'The Fiend', the guy eats finishers for breakfast, moves that do significantly more damage than the normal moves of a wrestler.

If we're talking base Wyatt vs Smith, Smith would handily beat Wyatt in combat, but Wyatt's mind games and hax will even the playing field.

Now with The Fiend, that's where Smith has to go all out, assuming he doesn't fall to Wyatt's mind games prior.

So it's either Smith defeats base Wyatt in combat, or uses his guns and explosives to kill 'The Fiend', or Wyatt makes Smith crumble with his mind games and hax, or 'The Fiend' just outright overpowers Smith before he gets put down.

Both have 2 achievable win cons here.

The thing about Bray Wyatt is that he's very good at playing mind games with his opponents.

He's a skilled wrestler (not as skilled as Smith), but that's not exactly his forte. He tends to get in his opponents head and throw them off their game so he can take advantage and take the victory.
Wyatt's mind games
MASK's instincts will complicate this. As brought up in that ridiculous collection of instincts in the blog, people in MASK's verse can immediately sense danger and even the thoughts of others via sheer instinct alone, so MASK will know before the match even begins that Bray will play tricks on him. Bray could still try to mess with him, but he'll have to try harder. Is it in-character for him to distract wrestlers by possessing children, or was that a one-time thing he pulled on Cena? MASK can't bring himself to harm let alone kill a person he views as innocent, especially a child.

Is it in-character for him to distract wrestlers by possessing children, or was that a one-time thing he pulled on Cena? MASK can't bring himself to harm let alone kill a person he views as innocent, especially a child.
Seems like a one-time thing. The best I can say is that he'll use it as a last resort if he gets desperate.

MASK's instincts will complicate this. As brought up in that ridiculous collection of instincts in the blog, people in MASK's verse can immediately sense danger and even the thoughts of others via sheer instinct alone, so MASK will know before the match even begins that Bray will play tricks on him. Bray could still try to mess with him, but he'll have to try harder.
Fair, but Wyatt has quite a few tricks up his sleeve that can get him the upper hand.

I mean idk how hard it can by to play mind games with someone like Mask, there's no prep time either so Bray's going in blind for mind games against this luchador in a suit lol (Mask has the most drip out the smiths fight me on it)

This would probably have to be F&G if you want it to just be MASK (and also he has grenade launchers which I presume are a bit outside the spirit of the match).

This would probably have to be F&G if you want it to just be MASK (and also he has grenade launchers which I presume are a bit outside the spirit of the match).
He does have the grenade launchers, yeah, but I think it would be in-character for him to lead with wrestling due to the rules of this match until Bray switches to the Fiend.

What's mr. WWE guy's AP? Might need to equal that too since we're in F&G already

Back