• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Killer7/The Silver Case Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Alright, so, I've replayed through all of Suda51's games (Read, all of Suda51's games I actually like), and I've got a buttload of stuff to add. This was actually going to be one CRT, but then I realized I had to split it cause it got too long. Then, I realized I had to split it again. And it's still really ******* long. Anyway, this is the first third, the one that concerns games that came before No More Heroes so if you're here for just that then uh, the faster this gets approved the faster we can get to the bit you care for.

The Silver Case​

Killer7​

Mostly features a big rework for the Smiths' profile, plus some minor P&A as well as stuff from the web novel, Killer Is Dead.
  • First off I'm just gonna rework the P&A in the Smith Syndicate's page so that it's less shit. Tabbers, tabbers, tabbers upon tabbers, among other things. Gonna have to be reworking a lot of stuff since rn the profile is just... awkward and hard to read.
  • And one of those tabbers is for Remnant Psyches! After all they often help out the Smiths with knowledge they couldn't otherwise obtain. They don't have much P&A, just Immortality (1 and 7), Invisibility and Intangibility for obvious reasons, and then this stuff.
    • ESP & Clairvoyance: Here's why. Both Iwazaru and Travis Bell show the knowledge of a fuckload of things, typically the political plots going on behind the scenes or the enemies the Killer7 will soon face. Kess BloodySunday also has a weird form of this, where he believes the upcoming boss is the person who killed him, indirectly giving the Smiths knowledge about him. Yoon-Hyun seems to predict the events of Killer7's climax. Even the mute Kikazaru senses the presence of Soul Bullets.
    • Also, Biological Manipulation for the unnamed Mad Doctor in the TV, who amps the Killer7 with the blood they bring him.
  • Everyone that was Subsonic is now Relativistic based off this calc blog, which also includes a Class 1feat for the Killer7 (Coyote does it, and he's probably a little more athletic than the other Smiths so their rating should be "Varies from Peak Human to at least Class 1". Blog also contains a buncha supporting feats for 9-A and 9-B/Superhuman speed/Class 5 for the Black Smiles
    • They also get higher LS with the Wind Ring which can push several wind turbines at once. No idea how strong this is but eh
  • Heaven Smiles all get Teleportation, as they will infinitely re-appear in certain areas by teleporting in the scene.
  • KAEDE's barrier nullification is changed to Summoning, summoning of Mizaru who is the one that actually does the barrier dispelling. That is also an ability that'll go in the Remnant Psyches tabber.
  • Precognition for The Smith Syndicate - When the K7 are about to get attacked a spark will appear that is very similar to the one Travis sees in NMH3in the same circumstances, which is already on his profile.
    • Black Smiles get Resistance to Precognition since they are the only Smile to attack via the normal method that does not cause those sparks, and is as such impossible to counter against. This is definitely not a game mechanic considering their whole thing is that the Killer7 are unable to defeat them.
  • Harman Smith also has some weird ass Hive Mind where there are multiple Harmans at once but it's really not know if they have the same mind or are just individual incarnations driven to the same goals by fate or a common personality, so possibly Hive Mind, I guess. Wonder if this is the only page on the wiki that simultaneously has Multiple Selves and Hive Mind. Same applies to Kun Lan.
  • The Killer7 get Enhanced Senses cause they can hear flowers growing.
  • Limited Telekinesis for MASK, who can curve his shots around targets to hit something behind them. Also limited light manipulation cause his second charged attack warps light around it. It actually also has some weird effect on normal enemies when it's used on them which might potentially be some weird deconstruction but I couldn't find any footage of it so I'm afraid that can't be used.
  • Kun Lan gets Spatial Manipulation for being the one responsible for the creation of Vinculum Gates, which quite obviously have some space fuckery going on, considering it leads to some impossible geometry and appears many times over the game, with its real location being on an unrelated island.
    • Kun Lan also gets possibly Extrasensory Perception because the Gatekeeper in the Vinculum Gate, who is Kun's servant, is a ghostly entity who speaks in TTS just like Remnant Psyches so I think it's fair to say it's a Remnant Psyche too, considering that literally nothing outside of the Killer7 themselves is ever seen living in one of Harman's Room, which is Harman's own constantly-reappearing space-jumbling area. That'd mean Kun can see Psyches, which are invisible to normal people. This is admittedly a bit theory-ish so I understand and don't mind if it gets rejected but to be fair the Gatekeeper is definitely meant to be a counterpart of sorts to the Psyches IMO.
  • I'm not done with the spotty and questionable additions for Kun Lan! You know the magic barriers that KAEDE must dispel throughout the game? Look, someone's gotta have put them there, and there aren't too many supernatural forces that want to slow down the Killer7's progress, so it's gotta be him, y'know? Especially since the very first one in the game is directly protecting a Soul Shell. So yeah possibly Illusion Creation and Forcefield Creation for Kun.
  • Here's another weird one, Curtis gets Pseudo-Flight. Why? Cause he seems to, uh, zoom across the ground in this first-person scene and can do whatever the **** this is. Is this just a weird stylistic choice and not an actual ability? Maybe? I dunno? Maybe we shouldn't try to list artistic and symbolic media under our cold, restrictive, factual system? Maybe the very concept of battleboarding downplays the most beautiful and interesting parts of fiction in favor of uninteresting details the authors did not care for? Maybe we're all just kids smacking action figures together and nothing we do here matters, and the many months of painstaking work I dedicated to this and many other projects was a complete waste of my time? I dunno, maybe, but Curtis is still getting the ability.
  • I don't really know why I put Immortality Type 1 on the Smiths, either way it gets removed, but Emir has a Resurrection feat in that he died in 1952 and was then reborn.
  • Emir has Ulmeyda's rocket car added to his equipment. I think at least Subsonic travel speed with it works considering it's so fast you can literally die by driving it. This would also give Emir minor Resistance to Gravity Manipulation since as I understand it the way this kinda stuff kills you is with extreme accelerations and forces that eclipse Earth's normal gravity

Killer Is Dead (Novel)​

• Badman has a combat skill feat of killing hundreds of people at once, and after that goes a little bit into how his technique allows him to control his bat swings in such a way that no matter how the bat makes contact with the enemy, he can guarantee a kill.
  • Analytical Prediction for Dan Smith- He predicts the trajectory of every bullet aimed at him in an intense gunfight (two vs hundreds of people).
    • Badman says skill is directly related to criminal power, which is something very interesting considering The Silver Case supports this. This goes into Kamui Uehara's profile, explaining that the criminal power he gives to his hosts makes them more dangerous and skilled.
  • Resistance to Transmutation and Poison Manipulation for Badman - The day before Badman is supposed to die he is offered as a painless (ish) alternative various pills that would cause his death, and he chugs them all and survives. Transmutation comes from one of them being able to accelerate his transformation into a Heaven Smile, which is something that happens in Killer is Dead and was one of the bits presumably retconned for TSA, although since he does resist that transmutation it might not be.

Last edited:
Intelligence/Social Influencing
I am not seeing social influencing from the description?

Tho I will look into the videos later.

Minor addition for Silver Eye holders: Resistance to Death Manipulation as
Couldn't this simply be Immortality type 5?

I am not sure why Emir will have grav resistance? But will wait and see what others say.

Everything else looks fine to me at a glance. I will relook at the videos somewhen today or tomorrow and come back to this.

Social Influencing mostly comes from being able to infiltrare the HCU and hide his disability perfectly (which I guess I didn't list there) + the bit where he easily reads Sakura.

I don't think it qualifies for Deathless Immortality.

By virtue of being able to withstand acceleration that would kill normal people

I see. I am still quite unsure about social influencing and grav resistance tho. Idk I will wait and see what someone says

BTW if people disagree on gravity manip I can just remove it, maybe mention it in LS

I've applied the Silver Case stuff, Killer7 will require a complete rework of the Smiths' profile first so it'll have to wait a lil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back