• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion Thread 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZERO7772 said:
Eh even if you don't like beast you must admit he make for great villa
change that to "Merc" or "Eleonore" and I will agree.

if not, then the answer is "no, not really. neither me nor anyone I am close to that also enjooys VNs got that impression after reading it".

if you are then going to question what makes someone a "great villain" for me, it would be someone who has significantly impacted the lives of the main cast by manipulating events way before they were made into the final boss figure, as well as, of course, someone whose abilities and dialogue can make you gravitate towards them. i personally use Naraku as my textbook definition of a "great" villain, even if he had some issues right at the very end of the series.

you can replace that first part instead with just "having a strong personal relationship with the cast members on all sides" and Reinhard is just...unable to give 2 ***** about next to anyone really, nor did he manipulate events in a way that made life hell for the people that want to take him down, without having to directly intervene himself.

Merc did, well, everything he did

Eleonore is largely responsible for the Tubal Cains and has the strongest set of relationships in the cast, at least for me

and Trifa basically screwed the sakurais over, as well as Beatrice, without having to get his hands dirty.

Reinhard sat on a chair for 60 years and had his corpse raped by a nun

Embracetophats said:
ZERO7772 said:
Eh even if you don't like beast you must admit he make for great villa
change that to "Merc" or "Eleonore" and I will agree.

if not, then the answer is "no, not really. neither me nor anyone I am close to that also enjooys VNs got that impression after reading it".

if you are then going to question what makes someone a "great villain" for me, it would be someone who has significantly impacted the lives of the main cast by manipulating events way before they were made into the final boss figure, as well as, of course, someone whose abilities and dialogue can make you gravitate towards them. i personally use Naraku as my textbook definition of a "great" villain, even if he had some issues right at the very end of the series.

you can replace that first part instead with just "having a strong personal relationship with the cast members on all sides" and Reinhard is just...unable to give 2 ***** about next to anyone really, nor did he manipulate events in a way that made life hell for the people that want to take him down, without having to directly intervene himself.

Merc did, well, everything he did

Eleonore is largely responsible for the Tubal Cains and has the strongest set of relationships in the cast, at least for me

and Trifa basically screwed the sakurais over, as well as Beatrice, without having to get his hands dirty.

Reinhard sat on a chair for 60 years and had his corpse raped by a nun
Not all villians are aizen

Reinhard is great because of his personality\charisma and how fearful he is, Beast is always in control, he never panic, he never make pathetic scenes like other villains and he always live up to the hype

He trashed the overpowered MC like 3-4 times and Ren never defeat Beast on his own

If you play up to Marie route he sound just like your regular final boss, in Rea route it's completely different story, you get to see many aspect of him, the scene where he rebelled on Merc and his world is one of the most hype i ever scene, he actually took the MC place and fought the true villain of this story in the final battle while the MC was hiding with his bland GF continuing to play his cringy romance

It just hype no matter how you look at it

I agree the game try to hype him too much sometimes though

>Reinhard sat on a chair for 60 years and had his corpse raped by a nu

Huh ?

Forgetting the real peak performance

Screenshot_%28177%29.png

Not all villians are aizen

Reinhard is great because of his personality\charisma and how fearful he is, Beast is always in control, he never panic, he never make pathetic scenes like other villains and he always live up to the hype

He trashed the overpowered MC like 3-4 times and Ren never defeat Beast on his own

If you play up to Marie route he sound just like your regular final boss, in Rea route it's completely different story, you get to see many aspect of him, the scene where he rebelled on Merc and his world is one of the most hype i ever scene

I agree the game try to hype him too much sometimes though

i agree, not all villains are Aizen, which is why I added the part of "having several character relationships", which he fell very short in my opinion.

2 things i disagree with you though.

1- i didnt find him charismatic, despite how much i felt the game tried to make him as such. I mostly blame the voice acting for that, as well as his facial expressions. always with the same bored smile and i wanted him to raise his voice way more at certain times, especially the ones where he is supposed to be at his happiest. go on youtube and look for the fanmade fight between the 3 of them and Hajun, then compare the tone of voice between him and the other 2 while calling out his Law.

2- i never found Ren to be overpowered, quite the opposite in fact. I would call him "overpowered" if he could at least wipe the floor with 2 commanders relatively easily with just Briah level

also, dont you count Ren victory over him in the twilight shore a solo victory for Ren?

I find his relationship with Merc and his followers pretty interesting,they respect him from the bottom of their hearts many times and his dialogues with merc arr one the best and deepest stuff in DI IMO

1-well that your problr then, it doesn't seems like you like the whole approach of reinhard character as whole which is something up to you

2-Ren went from high school kid into fighting mass murders who killed thousands of people in spam of 2-3 weeks while someone like Kei needed 11 years for it, he is OP Gary sue really

Did you read the battle ? Ren lost that one, even in 3 colors he got shit beat out of him first

in the Masadaverse explanation page there is written that all the Tenma (Morei, Tokoyo, Momiji Ootake etc.) have Taikyoku, doesn't this mean that they should have nigh omnipresence and nigh omniscience like the other characters who have taikyoku?

Taikyoku alone doesn't give you that. Just makes you outerversal.

Also, one of Wilhelm's lines in Sakurai's route implies that Valeria is not a virgin

Also, I came across something rather interesting in Kei's route

"The more people you trap in your figment, the more minds there are to pervert it. The more people deny your world as ludicrous and impossible, the less effective its laws become"

He currently had over 300 people inside. She had to commend the power of his ego for binding that many contradicting wills under his spell.

"I'm not saying it's beyond your abilities, but I imagine it must be putting quite a strain on you"

"I'll admit my stomach has seen better days"

Also:

Wilhelm through sheer instinct, knew that his Domain was rapidly approaching a limit in the amount of souls it could contai.

So it seems that having a strong will / belief in what the world is like can reduce the effectiveness of Hadou type Briahs

And it's not just the wills of supernatural beings. The majority of those 300 people were students. I'm not saying that a normal person's mind could undo the Briah, but someone with a very strong will would likely be able to reduce a Hadou's effectiveness.

Also I see this:

"Another person had just been pierced by the same light, distance and dimension not withstanding"

I can now accept that the Longinus does in fact ignore distance in DI as well as KKK

Monarch Laciel said:
Taikyoku alone doesn't give you that. Just makes you outerversal.
Also, one of Wilhelm's lines in Sakurai's route implies that Valeria is not a virgin
Actually Taikyoku have all the knowledge of the world so getting Taikyoku make you nigh omniscience, although it doesn't seems like the gods make use of it

Marie allowed Hajun to be born and hajun himself didn't even knew yato existed

well madara did have taikyoku but you have to have value to reach outerversal level

Marie loves everyone tbf so there is that and Hajun is so narsassistic that he forgot ren was event there so..

I can understand hajun but marie ......... if she know everything she definitely knew about that culture actions and she must knew about the possibilities of him coming to slap her ass she should got rid of him

@Monarch:

On Longinus: Oh wow lol~ ^^; Although it did say about dimension unbound, i can't say for what it really implies outside of the distance part...

On AOE Briah effect: That's something i would have put and mentioned on pages like Wilhelm's but never really understood why. Was just told or read that having more people in ones Hadou Briah like Wilhelm could make it unstable. Another was the Briah having a time limit, which the OBD for their pages mentioned as being as only long as a few minutes...whcih idk if it's true or not. They did mention that Reinhard's is notably longer for being able to go active non-stop for 2-3 months, and this being prior to when Issac was inplanted to the castle/Briah....somehow (i believe this is from IkaBey so about Pre-Berlin Reinhard).

So AOE and Time Limit thing (if this is a fact for both) are ones we have not really added to the profiles as of yet still...

Dunno about the time limit. Can't remember a mention of that, but it just might not have come up yet.

Also, a general summary of my opinion of Ren's opinions on resurrection and immortality:

"no"

Monarch Laciel said:
Dunno about the time limit. Can't remember a mention of that, but it just might not have come up yet.
Also, a general summary of my opinion of Ren's opinions on resurrection and immortality:

"no"

if memory serves, Eleonore tells Rea that Briah are usually supposed to last a few hours at the most and that the devil's castle has been modified to be made different, so that it would not crumble in that timeframe.

Discussion under the church at the round table, Marie route, I believe, a bit before Machina comes in to uppercut Trifa so hard his soul leaves his body

Reinhard's Briah is permanently activated, but he needs to use the chant to bring it inside the Multiverse.

Briah have time limit, they can keep it activate for hour or so

Reinhard as always break the rules and he had his braih active for 60 years

is this kei vs valeria? Cause its just faster than when valeria can launch as he unravels armor to launch that's all. Besides reinhard's way is different than having to use briah but yetzirah only anyway AFAIK

Makes sense. Intercepted during preperation time rather than the actual firing.

But what about this:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
This implies it is Mercurius allowing Gladshiemr to do mid-godly regen, not that it is a natural function of the briah.
Kei also notes in the next lines that this means "the sorcerer would simply revive them". Not that Reinhard or the castle would revivie them.

But Schreiber regenerated faster than Machina's MVS erasure while inside Gladsheimr (Ren vs Commanders), and Mercurius isn't even mentioned.

And here it's stated that it is Mercurius doing it.

And just because Merc isn't mentioned in that example doesn't disprove him being the one doing it.

I have three things to say

- Despite the fact that his fights always go "I'm invincible and could easily just slowly beat my opponent to death, but instead choose to use the one-shot ability that also lets me be one-shot", I enjoy reading through battles with Valeria. His music theme is great, and the image of him standing there grinning with his arms outstretched with the low angle shot really shows him as a threat

- Kei is badass for rejecting Reinhard and fighting him.

- Beatrice is badass for planning to kill the rest of the LDO to free Eleonore.

Also, another thing that implies to me it is Karl doing the soul restoration and not the castle.

Mercurius soul restoration
Seems like she's telling him not to resurrect Eleonore.
Eleonore later says "in time she will revive", implying it will not be immediate and will take time.

Compare this to the skeleton soldiers Kei was fighting, who had their souls restored seconds later.

What was the difference between these two scenarios?

In only one of them did someone ask Mercurius to stay uninvolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back