• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mary Muldoon vs Tattletale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackythejack

They/Them
First thread I made in a while. Here we go. Speed is equalized I guess I don't think it needs to be didn't check. Both armed with guns, both are within an apartment building in downtown Chicago. Mary has been given work that Tattletale is somewhere in the building and armed while Tattletale was given a bit of outsider information to know that Mary is also there.

They are not on the same floor however and Both are in entirely different parts of the building.

Tattletale

Mary Muldoo

Tattletale has armour that gives wall level durability as standard equipment to start off, but I imagine Mary could just aim for the head so this doesn't matter. Tattletales ability is more related to analysing a person up close so I don't think she would be able to find where Mary would be in a large area. Additionally Mary is a master of hiding her steps so analysing information she left behind would likely be extremely difficult. On the other hand Mary has stealth mastery so she can likely sneak up on tattletale and get a good hit to the head, before tattletale can. I'll give this one to Mary, considering as soon as one finds the other before their opponent can they seem to win in this fight.

Their costumes are bulletproof, and does Mary have a history of aiming for the head like that? Tattletale's costume isn't visibly armor, and most people shoot for center mass first.

Tattletale's able to find people just fine, actually. She was how the Undersiders kept eluding the heroes, predicting when people like Armsmaster were going to show up. She also somehow knew exactly where Taylor was after sending her 1 email (Insinuation 2.5). Tattletale being given info that Mary is in the building actually just gives her an exact location and a bunch of random info on Mary, like mindset, weaknesses, armament, etc.

As for people saying that she can cover her tracks, here's her power when she looks at some random floor:

Grime and salt, past knowledge that sixty-seven thousand people pass through in one day, scheduling, past knowledge of staff, knowledge of attention to detail in security; floor cleaners are mechanical, work-
So yeah you're gonna need some feats to outwit the power that was going to give her detailed information on the staff of a building just from looking at the ground for a little bit.

Mary being a cop is more likely to try to arrest a teenager than she is to just shoot one no questions asked, since that would be hard to defend and all. SBA just means she's not gonna refuse to do it. Tattletale's less restrained. She's ruined lives and did set up Coil to die at Taylor's hand, and in Ward is called out by Victoria for being too willing to accept human suffering in pursuit of nebulous greater goods, and even if she didn't want to her power lets her know just where to shoot to cripple anyways.

Let's not forget the other applications of her power either, and that she keeps a phone on her. She could call in cops, either to get Mary arrested and held up for a little while or to threaten them if Mary's not made to go away, if you want to assume Mary's actions are known about and sanctioned. Her power's great for blackmail and she has done that mid combat. If Mary has any sorts of traumas or sensitive subjects, you can bet those are being brought up to get her riled up and off her game. Even just saying things to take people out of fighting work here.

So between Tattletale's rather ridiculous power and that bullets to her near full body costume aren't going to penetrate, I think I'm gonna go with tattletale here.

It's no wonder she gets massive migraines even when her shard isn't deliberately giving her them when she overanalyzes everything like that. It only cut off because she told her power to shut up.

too bad you can't specify naked tattletale to make the fight less lopsided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back