• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

Galactus WISHES he was that cracked, but unfortunately for him, he is not. He wasn't responsible for the weakening. Wesker’s prep time is just cracked

Sidenote, I gotta redownload MvC2 so bad
He doesn't eveb have to be cracked for that to happen really. Ultron Sigma fight showed big gaps can still do damage to each other and he has crazy aoe due to his size. Rate the same anyways so

Also You Should use fightcade for thag

He doesn't eveb have to be cracked for that to happen really. Ultron Sigma fight showed big gaps can still do damage to each other and he has crazy aoe due to his size. Rate the same anyways so
I’m not sure thats quite comparable. Ultron-Sigma was dominating everyone he fought and The Resistance had to use the Infinity Gems to do some level of damage to Ultron-Omega. Thanos was only ever able to damage and weaken to Ultron-Sigma because Iron Man and Spencer used all the power in Avengers Tower. Galactus’ AOE has massive range is impressive, sure. But in the High 5-A scaling chain? He’s literally at the very bottom. He’s got nothing that puts him on the threat level of Ultron-Sigma

Also You Should use fightcade for thag
I did that on my last laptop, yeah

Last edited:
I’m not sure thats quite comparable. Ultron-Sigma was dominating everyone he fought and The Resistance had to use the Infinity Gems to do some level of damage to Ultron-Omega. Thanos was only ever able to damage and weaken to Ultron-Sigma because Iron Man and Spencer used all the power in Avengers Tower. Galactus’ AOE has massive range is impressive, sure. But in the High 5-A scaling chain? He’s literally at the very bottom. He’s got nothing that puts him on the threat level of Ultron-Sigma

I did that on my last laptop, yeah
I mean if we say he that weak to everyone combinated he shouldn't even be able to distract them either for long enough for a supersonic being to pull up With a weapon and gg them. Wasn't meant o imply he anywhere near ultron sigma was just a exemple for inversw tankings

I mean if we say he that weak to everyone combinated he shouldn't even be able to distract them either for long enough for a supersonic being to pull up With a weapon and gg them. Wasn't meant o imply he anywhere near ultron sigma was just a exemple for inversw tankings
The implication was never that Galactus weakened them. Additionally, the intention wasn’t that Wesker, just alone and with his usual stuff, walked up and dragged them to his facility

The implication is that Galactus’ threat of destroying Earth gave Wesker the window he needed to find the means to weaken certain heroes and ultimately zombify them. Remember, while Galactus is not the strongest High 5-A in MvC, he was still a huge threat to the actual planet itself. They had to act fast. Also, in all the endings where somebody specifically takes down Galactus, its made clear that it was only that one person. In most scenarios where Galactus is fought, its pretty much a 1v1

Another thing too. Wesker had MUCH more time to prepare for capturing the weakened heroes in his ending than you may think. The MvC3 comic makes it clear he was scheming long before Galactus came around

Last edited:
The implication was never that Galactus weakened them. Additionally, the intention wasn’t that Wesker, just alone and with his usual stuff, walked up and dragged them to his facility

The implication is that Galactus’ threat of destroying Earth gave Wesker the window he needed to find the means to weaken certain heroes and ultimately zombify them. Remember, while Galactus is not the strongest High 5-A in MvC, he was still a huge threat to the actual planet itself. They had to act fast. Also, in all the endings where somebody specifically takes down Galactus, its made clear that it was only that one person. In most scenarios where Galactus is fought, its pretty much a 1v1

Another thing too. Wesker had MUCH more time to prepare for capturing the weakened heroes in his ending than you may think. The MvC3 comic makes it clear he was scheming long before Galactus came around
I get how You see the implication, was mainly seeing since this dudes are ftl if gap between them and galactud was so disgusting fight would be over 1 sec within wesker pov. Ftl fights in supersonic guy perception are crazy

Best not to overthink that part. Its kinda like the whole "How come Bulma can tell how the fights going?" thing

Best not to overthink that part. Its kinda like the whole "How come Bulma can tell how the fights going?" thing
Eh point is. Gap between them and Galactus isn't that crazy otherwise it would be like 1 second distraction equivalent

This ain't it

I have a question: If MvC3 is canon to the previous games, why don't Wolverine and Ryu recognize each other and fight each other in the MvC3 comic? Ryu teamed up with the X-Men in X-Men vs SF, Marvel vs SF and MvC 2, so it doesn't make sense if MvC3 is canon to these games.

I have a question: If MvC3 is canon to the previous games, why don't Wolverine and Ryu recognize each other and fight each other in the MvC3 comic? Ryu teamed up with the X-Men in X-Men vs SF, Marvel vs SF and MvC 2, so it doesn't make sense if MvC3 is canon to these games.
They do recognize each other. Not once do they go "Woah, wtf are you???" during that part. They're fighting each other with the belief that the other is invading their Earth

Please read the context next time

They do recognize each other. Not once do they go "Woah, wtf are you???" during that part. They're fighting each other with the belief that the other is invading their Earth

Please read the context next time
That makes even less sense. This is not the first time that the inhabitants of the Marvel and Capcom universes have met, so why do Wolverine and Ryu think that one is invading the other when they have already teamed up several times and have already suffered this situation ?

That makes even less sense. This is not the first time that the inhabitants of the Marvel and Capcom universes have met, so why do Wolverine and Ryu think that one is invading the other when they have already teamed up several times and have already suffered this situation ?
Ugh...I swear, people who question this stuff never read my narrative overview in the verse proposal thread....Ryu actually proposes the idea that there must be some sort of misunderstanding, and Wolverine actually decides to humour the idea once Galactus shows up. Meanwhile, the others who are meeting each other for the first time are a lot more aggressive and assuming of each other. Did you read the comic....?

Additionally, you seem to be ignoring a lot of what I covered in the narrative section on the proposal thread regarding how MvC3/UMvC3 is definitely connected to the past games:
-Deadpool acknowledges MSH
-Akuma references the time he spent as Cyber-Akuma, serving under Apocalypse. This also lines up with Akuma and Wolverine's past meetings and connections in the MvC lore
-The Days of Future Past stage shows a list of previous MvC characters, including the likes of Ruby Heart, Amingo, and SonSon

Again...context is there. You just seem to be ignoring it

have already suffered this situation ?
Another thing too. This is blatantly incorrect. No, the Earths of both universes had never fused beforehand. Even when Professor X did stuff like accidentally teleporting Capcom characters to the Marvel Universe, no fusions were involved. Maybe the conclusion some of the characters jumped were pretty presumptuous, but its not like it was a case of "oh this happened before"

OH RIGHT. There's a HUGE point I'm forgetting to bring up

The Marvel vs. Capcom: Official Complete Work's entire existence, alongside the Official Strategy Guides for MvC3 and UMvC3....they ALL treat the previous games as canon to the MvC3/UMvC3. The character bios, the intro segments talking about the history of the franchise, so much confirmation is just scattered across those books

Ugh...I swear, people who question this stuff never read my narrative overview in the verse proposal thread....Ryu actually proposes the idea that there must be some sort of misunderstanding, and Wolverine actually decides to humour the idea once Galactus shows up. Meanwhile, the others who are meeting each other for the first time are a lot more aggressive and assuming of each other. Did you read the comic....?

Additionally, you seem to be ignoring a lot of what I covered in the narrative section on the proposal thread regarding how MvC3/UMvC3 is definitely connected to the past games:
-Deadpool acknowledges MSH
-Akuma references the time he spent as Cyber-Akuma, serving under Apocalypse. This also lines up with Akuma and Wolverine's past meetings and connections in the MvC lore
-The Days of Future Past stage shows a list of previous MvC characters, including the likes of Ruby Heart, Amingo, and SonSon

Again...context is there. You just seem to be ignoring it
I agree but Deadpool's argument is wrong because it breaks the 4th Wall. Citing another work by breaking the 4th Wall does not mean that the mentioned work is canon (but I agree that MvC3 is canon to other games anyway). Akuma's argument seems pretty weak on the surface because it could just be a simple reference to the comics where Apocalypse chose Wolverine as the Horsemen of Death, but hey that doesn't explain why Akuma knows about this so yeah I'm agree with this argument
Also you seem to be a bit aggressive lol, calm down, I'm not here to downplay this verse, I was just skeptical (and yes I had already read the thread you are talking about, which is good work btw)
OH RIGHT. There's a HUGE point I'm forgetting to bring up

The Marvel vs. Capcom: Official Complete Work's entire existence, alongside the Official Strategy Guides for MvC3 and UMvC3....they ALL treat the previous games as canon to the MvC3/UMvC3. The character bios, the intro segments talking about the history of the franchise, so much confirmation is just scattered across those books
Btw the official complete work also talks about the game The Punisher, so this game is also canon?

I agree but Deadpool's argument is wrong because it breaks the 4th Wall. Citing another work by breaking the 4th Wall does not mean that the mentioned work is canon (but I agree that MvC3 is canon to other games anyway)
Deadpool's statement is still support, since he's addressing Spider-Man's in-canon Hyper Combo and how Wesker ""stole it"" jokingly

Akuma's argument seems pretty weak on the surface because it could just be a simple reference to the comics where Apocalypse chose Wolverine as the Horsemen of Death, but hey that doesn't explain why Akuma knows about this so yeah I'm agree with this argument
Yeah, it wouldn't make any sense for Akuma to just know a ton about Apocalypse otherwise. The events of the previous games, however, support him having that knowledge

Also you seem to be a bit aggressive lol, calm down, I'm not here to downplay this verse, I was just skeptical (and yes I had already read the thread you are talking about, which is good work btw)
My hostility mostly comes from other people in the past barging in with claims that show a huge lack of insight into the standards for this verse and the amount of time I've put into validating the verse being indexed. I'm glad to hear you did read the thread I posted though, there's a ton of people who just flatout ignore that

Btw the official complete work also talks about the game The Punisher, so this game is also canon?
Given both that and the MvC Fighting Collection will be including The Punisher? I'm thinking its canon

Punisher, Nick Fury and others may likely not scale to most characters as far as I know (probably end up close to 9-A/low-tiers; Kingpin got arrested and interrogated by Chun-Li, so I doubt that'll happen).

Punisher, Nick Fury and others may likely not scale to most characters (probably end up close to 9-A/low-tiers; Kingpin got arrested and interrogated by Chun-Li, so I doubt that'll happen).
The game implies Kingpin survived that HUGE explosion at the end of the game, and it’s further confirmed by how he was alive to be arrested in MvC3/UMvC3. So I think Punisher’s scaling can start from there

The Guardroid (second stage boss) also has a laser cannon, which's beams Frank and Nick are capable of reacting to as well. Of course, this doesn't apply to their general speed rating (a game likely has the same logic as Final Fight and Captain Commando on punching/catching specific projectiles mid-air).

For lifting strength, they can also toss Pretty Boy cyborgs and use their lower halves as bludgeoning weapons (visual movelist/other equipment). Kingpin can also be thrown despite his larger size, said to crush rocks and tear iron to pieces.

Last edited:
I think Akuma's base form should have two keys. In X-Men vs SF he had a great battle against Wolverine but in MvC3 he easily defeated Wolverine even though he had the help of three other characters, and he implied that it was thanks to his victory against Galactus because he became stronger "Now that I've defeated Galactus, the rest is child's play"

Why Frank West, Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Jin Saotome, Dhalsim, Albert Wesker, Marrow, Amingo, Anakaris, Arthur, Hayato Kanzaki, Ruby Heart and Gambit scale to Zangief's AP and Gustaff's LS?

Why Frank West, Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Jin Saotome, Dhalsim, Albert Wesker, Marrow, Amingo, Anakaris, Arthur, Hayato Kanzaki, Ruby Heart and Gambit scale to Zangief's AP and Gustaff's LS?
Mid tier characters (those who are far stronger than guys like Dan but clearly much weaker than the High 5-A cast) scale to Zangief and Gustaff, who are in that same area due to how they’re portrayed as comparable

This is like….the fifth time I’m had to answer this :/

Back