• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

Pretty long time, huh. Without taking Hulk's to account and since we brought up Captain America's own ending revealing how characters from Capcom's Universe appeared to Marvel's dimension. As Onslaught's demise was mentioned there, I've been recently wondering if he can actually scale to the latter (though that'll change Iron Man's scaling since War Machine has "heavier-duty" weaponry and also defeated him).

Pretty long time, huh. Without taking Hulk's to account and since we brought up Captain America's own ending revealing how characters from Capcom's Universe appeared to Marvel's dimension, and since Onslaught's demise was mentioned there, I've been recently wondering if he can actually scale to the latter (though that'll change Iron Man's scaling since War Machine has "heavier-duty" weaponry and also defeated him).
It’s kinda vague here some I’m inclined to say it doesn’t scale to Cap unfortunately

Also nova is traveling within both and outside of our Galaxy right? Making sure i am forgetting other travel methods blud uses

I’m not quite sure what you mean
Like does he travel to galaxies outside of us when he does the whole fighting all throught the universe thing on hie own or other methods? I vaguelly recall being the previous one but making sure

For who still plays who y'all usually main
I sometime's play UMVC3 when I'm really bored. Typically I run teams such as:

• Phoenix Wright/Dante/Vergil (It's funny + I love Wright)
  • Morrigan/Dante/Vergil
  • Hawkeye/Iron Man/Captain America

And sometimes I'll mix the team's up a little bit with some other character's I've played, such as Doom, C. Viper, and Wolverine. Though I play really casually, and while I do know what character's are and aren't "Good" together, I never really factor that in when I play, I just play whoever I feel like playing and wing it lol.

Rewatching mvci story forget how strong Thanos is even in base
Can 1v1 jedah who Spiderman wanted help even with gr and morrigan help and also one shotted dante base

Rewatching mvci story forget how strong Thanos is even in base
Can 1v1 jedah who Spiderman wanted help even with gr and morrigan help and also one shotted dante base
Base Thanos winning against Jedah is an outlier. Consistently in the series and just going by Infinite alone, Thanos winning against Jedah makes no sense at all

Guys like Spider-Man actually upscale the hell over Thanos

Thanos is still the god tier of the verse with the Full Infinity Gauntlet though, so he’s got that to brag about

Base Thanos winning against Jedah is an outlier. Consistently in the series and just going by Infinite alone, Thanos winning against Jedah makes no sense at all

Guys like Spider-Man actually upscale the hell over Thanos
Uh need to look more into Spiderman scaling
I assume a combo of cyberkuma and onslaught scaling?

Poor galactus 🗿
All jokes aside hmmm
Galactus is the starting point for High 5-A scaling and unfortunately for him, any character who is High 5-A in the verse is gonna upscale him, albeit to varying degrees (ex. Dante’s very high on the scaling chain while Iron Man is not)

Galactus is the starting point for High 5-A scaling and unfortunately for him, any character who is High 5-A in the verse is gonna upscale him, albeit to varying degrees (ex. Dante’s very high on the scaling chain while Iron Man is not)
Yeah sadly stark is like barely above him😭 (with mvc3 suit at least going by his ending)

Hey, do we count Children of the Atom as part of MvC canon? Because Wolverine apparently apparently has a command normal that was removed in later games.

Not planning to downgrade or anything (only revision plan is size manip Galactus) but Out of curiosity
Anything to support that the overall cast (not the tier 9-6 folke) scale to nova speed outside of nova ending?

Not planning to downgrade or anything (only revision plan is size manip Galactus) but Out of curiosity
Anything to support that the overall cast (not the tier 9-6 folke) scale to nova speed outside of nova ending?
Um, you are aware Nova’s FTL feats don’t come from his ending, right….?

Also, multiple Tier 5 characters in MvC can either fight alongside or keep up with Nova. It isn’t a random outlier

Um, you are aware Nova’s FTL feats don’t come from his ending, right….?

Also, multiple Tier 5 characters in MvC can either fight alongside or keep up with Nova. It isn’t a random outlier
Oh i worded bad. I mean mfs scaling to nova coming from his ending cuz that's all i found (when i checked Galactus profile and other Profiles)

But if That so hmm that's nice

I'm late to the party here, but really great job to everyone who worked on the MVC pages, they're excellently sourced and written.

I had a question about Abyss, and while I could make a QnA thread, I figure it'd be easier to ask here with people already following the thread.

So, Third Form Abyss is said to be bringing all things back to the Primordial Ocean, which basically means the Universe at its earliest state (this is consistent with the "sea of Genesis" stuff too). With this in mind, this seems to imply his Disease and Death Manipulation are on a 3-A scale/range, if not 2-C if he's supposed to be affecting the Universes of Marvel, Capcom, Ruby Heart, the Chaos Dimension, etc. Though I've never been sure if Ruby just convinced everyone to help save one world or if all of them were in danger. In any case, that seems worth noting on his profile imo.
For who still plays who y'all usually main
Marvel vs. Capcom 1
  • Wolverine/Spider-Man
  • Wolverine/Strider
  • Spider-Man/Captain Commando
  • Spider-Man/Ryu
  • Spider-Man/Venom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
  • Spider-Man/Ken/Thanos
  • Gambit/Juggernaut/Dhalsim
  • Ken/Juggernaut/Sentinel
  • Rogue/Colossus/Ken
  • Spider-Man/Hulk/Wolverine
  • Storm/Sentinel/Captain Commando
  • Storm/Sentinel/Cyclops
  • Storm/Sentinel/Cable
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Wolverine/Magneto/Doom
  • Wolverine/Akuma/Dante
  • Spider-Man/Iron Man/Hulk

I'm late to the party here, but really great job to everyone who worked on the MVC pages, they're excellently sourced and written.
Thank you very much

So, Third Form Abyss is said to be bringing all things back to the Primordial Ocean, which basically means the Universe at its earliest state (this is consistent with the "sea of Genesis" stuff too). With this in mind, this seems to imply his Disease and Death Manipulation are on a 3-A scale/range, if not 2-C if he's supposed to be affecting the Universes of Marvel, Capcom, Ruby Heart, the Chaos Dimension, etc. Though I've never been sure if Ruby just convinced everyone to help save one world or if all of them were in danger. In any case, that seems worth noting on his profile imo.
Abyss was only going to return all life on Ruby Heart's Earth to the Primordial Ocean. Not all of existence like with Thanos using the Infinity Gauntlet. There is nothing to suggest Abyss' victory would've affected things beyond the Earth within Ruby Heart's universe

Abyss was only going to return all life on Ruby Heart's Earth to the Primordial Ocean. Not all of existence like with Thanos using the Infinity Gauntlet. There is nothing to suggest Abyss' victory would've affected things beyond the Earth within Ruby Heart's universe
Ah, I just realized Amingo and SonSon are in Ruby Heart's Universe rather than the Capcom Universe. In that case, it does seem like he was just affecting Ruby's Universe, though I'll check some Japanese guides to see if there's any other info.
As far as affecting stuff beyond the Earth, it's definitely a bit vague, but noting something like the Primordial Ocean, which refers to the very start of the Universe, seems to be implying it's affecting things on a pretty wide scale by the time he reaches his third form. I'll see if I can strengthen the case for that with the info from the other guides.

Admittedly I don’t think there are anymore guides left to check. We’ve done deep dives on every manual, guide, Complete Works, website, and magazine scans. At this point, the only thing untranslated is probably concept art text

This Japanese guide is the main one I'm looking for atm, if you have the scans for that let me know. From the bits I've seen, it might have the most detailed character bios. There's also another Japanese guide from a couple years after.

There's also a ton of magazines and prima guides for 1/2, though I doubt those are useable due to mainly not being handled by Capcom.

Last edited:
There's also a ton of magazines and prima guides for 1/2, though I doubt those are useable due to mainly not being handled by Capcom.
The Bradygames ones for MvC3 and UMvC3 are useable since they had official staff involvement, but those ones don't have any information that you can't find from other official sources

Pretty sure I actually have a copy of that guide for MVC3 somewhere, but that's just a neat little thing. I defo don't remember it having anything really important lorewise that you wouldn't know through playing the game or using other source's.

Back