• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

As I've been handling The Resistance draft, uni stuff, and playing CvS2 + MvC2 in-between, I'm morbidly curious if there's anything fighting game crossover I could tackle
SNK vs. Capcom: SvC Chaos does have a eight-volume long graphic novel, speaking of CvS2 (which I play myself on PS3). Though I wonder if Card Fighters Clash (DS), Capcom-developed and Neo-Geo Pocket games (on Steam/Switch) are canon to it.

I still wish they would bring up deep cuts and non-fighting game characters for the third installment they both want. Having always known you as a Marvel fan, I never thought this project made you join the club (and that's great to hear as seen in a recent post on the other thread!).

SNK vs. Capcom: SvC Chaos does have a eight-volume long graphic novel, speaking of CvS2. Though I wonder if Capcom's games and Neo-Geo Pocket games are canon to it.
That'd definitely be worth checking out. Eight volumes too? I never knew it was that long
I still wish they would bring up deep cuts and non-fighting game characters for the third installment they both want. Having always known you as a Marvel fan, I never thought this project made you join the club (and that's great to hear!).
I know what you mean there. Morrigan is the only reason why CvS2 isn't just SFvsSNK, which is a bit funny

Also I know she makes a cameo on the desert stage in CvS2, but if this series ever came back, I need Leona in the roster

And then there's Kyosuke before Rival Schools' connections were fully tied with Street Fighter (even though Sakura was there as a secret fighter). Speaking of, Batsu was in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, which fit somewhat well with that series' tag-team system and giant fighters were also quite interesting (besides Saki's promotion).

As a Osamu Tezuka thread upholder myself, this collaboration art exhibit/book has me intrigued, especially with Mega Man and Astro Boy's official confrontation.

Speaking of, Batsu was in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, which fit somewhat well with that series' tag-team system and giant fighters were quite interesting (besides Saki's promotion).
The game that has Tier 2 Frank West

That isn’t a joke, his ending actually has him beat Yami

Definitely one of the more unexpected entries in Capcom’s fighting game crossover titles, but definitely still a fun one. I wish Zero’s Level 3 in that game was in MvC

The game that has Tier 2 Frank West

That isn’t a joke, his ending actually has him beat Yami

Definitely one of the more unexpected entries in Capcom’s fighting game crossover titles, but definitely still a fun one. I wish Zero’s Level 3 in that game was in MvC
how the hell yami in that game is tier 2 💀

I was actually thinking about working on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom as well once this was all finished. Maybe when we’ve cleared out all the crossovers, we can take a victory lap and clean up Project X Zone.

I was actually thinking about working on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom as well once this was all finished. Maybe when we’ve cleared out all the crossovers, we can take a victory lap and clean up Project X Zone.
Project X Zone is the only one of these crossovers to have Phoenix Wright outright say “guys, you don’t understand, I am legitimately not a fighter”

If you tackle TvC, I’ll lend a hand there. Played a lot of that game myself

Project X Zone is the only one of these crossovers to have Phoenix Wright outright say “guys, you don’t understand, I am legitimately not a fighter”

If you tackle TvC, I’ll lend a hand there. Played a lot of that game myself
Thanks. Also, it helps that Namco x Capcom is canon to Project X Zone so scaling should be easier (harder??) there.

Thanks. Also, it helps that Namco x Capcom is canon to Project X Zone so scaling should be easier (harder??) there.
I know they have VERY similar styles, but are they actually canon? I was kinda wondering that, but I never knew if there was any confirmation

I’d hope yes because it means we can make a new Regina profile

I know they have VERY similar styles, but are they actually canon? I was kinda wondering that, but I never knew if there was any confirmation

I’d hope yes because it means we can make a new Regina profile
There are a bunch of original characters made for Namco x Capcom that show up as central story characters in Project X Zone. I'm almost definitely sure it's directly next in line in it's canon.

There are a bunch of original characters made for Namco x Capcom that show up as central story characters in Project X Zone. I'm almost definitely sure it's directly next in line in it's canon.
Okay, yeah. That should seal it then

That’s fairly interesting, I wonder how scaling would go for that verse

A new in-universe match/fight has risen up. May get into Abyss' notable attacks/techniques for someone whenever possible.

Now I wanna figure out how to access the SvC Chaos Manga because it doesn't seem easy to read on the fly
I don't understand Chinese that much, but this YouTuber got about ten issues covered. The original run seems to be way much longer than I thought, unless those eight translated volumes were like four-issue compilations per one (that'll make more sense given amount).

Otherwise, the manhua would work for scaling and feats from both developers' games can be primarily used ("SNK vs. Capcom" may work as the verse name hence Wikipedia, a tradition from latter's crossovers and most games title-wise as they only lead twice).

Last edited:
Back