• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Spectrum Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Revising this old ass page using RTs

Agree.

Tho not sure about the creation one.

Also shouldn't she get a speed upgrade (at least combat one)? She has been able to trade blows with some fast people.

Idk what else do you list that as, it's definitely worth listing :v

Also @Antvasima semi-important rework due to renewed interest in the character, need input

Also shouldn't she get a speed upgrade (at least combat one)? She has been able to trade blows with some fast people.
Meh... she also has some very blatant antifeats for them, like I remember she was noted far slower than America Chavez

Also if anyone can find like, better tiering suggestions for her feel free to, the RT I was using can very well be biased.

Meh... she also has some very blatant antifeats for them, like I remember she was noted far slower than America Chavez
I think that Monica once viewed Chavez in slow-motion when moving at full speed.

I agree to this I've visited her page serval times and felt it was missing things just from how dated it was

I think that Monica once viewed Chavez in slow-motion when moving at full speed.
No actually she was seeing her in SoL while going max speed, and everything else what at a standstill.

It's the scan on Chavez' file

Nothing until the feats are sourced.
...so you're really gonna make me scoure through 460 issues for basic fixes?

Hercules and Namor scans come from Avengers Vol 1 266 and approximately around that.

Just want you to verify that for now.

No actually she was seeing her in SoL while going max speed, and everything else what at a standstill.

It's the scan on Chavez' file
That is what I meant. Monica was going at lightspeed, and everybody except Chavez were frozen to her, but Chavez was still in slow-motion comparatively.

...so you're really gonna make me scoure through 460 issues for basic fixes?

Hercules and Namor scans come from Avengers Vol 1 266 and approximately around that.

Just want you to verify that for now.
I suppose that may be overly demanding, yes, given that you are usually reliable regarding these kind of issues.

And also I would love for Qawsedf to assist in finding sources in all of this, considering he's invested in this revision and strive for such accuracy.

You've been to Marvel Database? They have a reading list. First 230 issues will be yours, skip guidebooks and come back with a feat list, I'll do the rest of the 230 and post the rest of the feat list.

Together this'll take about 3 days? This is me being fair and assuming you'll be busy enough to take 2 days to finish 230 issues.

And hey, everything will be sourced.

Please skip the sarcasm.

Qawsedf234 is just trying to follow our rules and make sure that he can verify the contexts for feats, since Marvel and DC respect threads are usually filled with out of context exaggerations.

Yeah and he can help me find the sources if he wishes, Tllmbrg and I, and Amelia and I have collaborated like this in the past to exhaust a character's appearances, like how we did for Captain America's Golden Age and the Mickey Mouse Theatrical Shorts profile.

I'm not being sarcastic here, this is a genuine proposal

Didn't we make it mandatory to cite sources for comics scans specifcally, Ik the site wide application wasn't accaptedbut I thought Marvel and DC, alongside any verse of comparable size was agreed to have mandatory ones

Didn't we make it mandatory to cite sources for comics scans specifcally, Ik the site wide application wasn't accaptedbut I thought Marvel and DC, alongside any verse of comparable size was agreed to have mandatory ones
Nah, it ended up a dead revision :v, if it was I would be organizing a revision project and not a revision

Okay. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I strongly doubt that Qawsedf234 is able to devote so much time for this though.

Nah, it ended up a dead revision :v, if it was I would be organizing a revision project and not a revision
I think that we added it as a new rule in our DC and Marvel regulations page.

Okay. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I strongly doubt that Qawsedf234 is able to devote so much time for this though.
We can get more people on it to make it a smaller work load
(Tho I can't do it since I'm rn binging Cloaker and Dagger's issues lol)

Meh, I then do think I need volunteers to back up these scans then, if it's a rule.

Otherwise I think it's pretty silly to just not apply the revision and leave the profile in that poor a state

Would nuking it be a possibility, since as far as I'm aware no page uses it for scaling if we can't add this in

I am personally mostly fine with applying the revision as the less bad option, but it is always much better to provide sources, especially for Marvel and DC Comics feats.

See rule number 7 here :

I just saw the page needed immediate revisions as it was in a very poor state, I'm currently overseeing a Captain Britain file researching and doing my own research on the Vision, so I don't have time to add 460 issue on my list.

I can just exhaust the gallery anytime else, so currently I don't think this revision is doing anything particularly bad

Well, these do seem to be mostly uncontroversial and self-evident changes, so I think that we can probably make an exception this time.

Everything is good, just a couple of notes:

Point 5 is more like Body Control rather than Creation.

Point 6 should be Resistance, not Immunity

Point 13 should be Limited Fusionism, as she could fuse with the other guy because his body is made of Antimatter, which could merge with her photons because of physics reasons.

I agree that sources should be nice, but at the same time I recognize the amount of work and I can't help with that currently, so I will not argue this further. It can still be done overtime anyway, there's no hurry.

Also, this character is kinda broken, she's like super strong and haxed.

Last edited:
..so you're really gonna make me scoure through 460 issues for basic fixes?
Yes. If we don't apply it for basic fixes it'll just be a rule haphazardly enforced at a mode's discretion. We either do it for everything or do it for none of them in my option

Yes. If we don't apply it for basic fixes it'll just be a rule haphazardly enforced at a mode's discretion. We either do it for everything or do it for none of them in my option
Yeah so as said, we're splitting it if you care so much. You take the 230 at the beginning, and we do the system as said above.

This should never be a one way street if this is the route you're proposing

This should never be a one way street if this is the route you're proposing
The rule is that if you're proposing an upgrade it's on you to source claims. Not on people who ask for them.

I'll do it in this case, but from here on out I'm not approving stuff without a source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back