• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Cosmology Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I wouldn't mind splitting it into Pre-Quesada and Post-Quesada cosmologies, with Reed Richards recreating the Marvel Multiverse as a split.

Everything in the OP is correct, I remember that I too disagreed with part of it years ago but never had to time to deal with it.
Yes, I think so as well.

Would you and @Qawsedf234 be willing to help out with fixing the problem please?

You do realize non of those are actually justifications for high 1-B, right? But This. This scan didn't get "debunked" either.
This isn't proof of High-1B but I do know marvel has a High-1B multiverse and beyond that(up to 1-A).
Being creator of Omniverse doesn't make Outerversal. Obvilion's realm stated as a realm of no time and nor place just like the way sphere of gods defined which isn't enough evidence to prove it exist beyond all dimensions.
This is true but marvel does have a High-1B cosmology with higher one seeing lower one as fiction/dreams, I've forgotten the book but it was blatantly stated.
the only actual statement in there, is comes from Secret Wars II which was sadly retconed.
Actually No, I reread secret wars II and it was kinda talking about 2-A infinite dimensions.
possibly the Crossroads to Everywhere, instead.
The crossroads scan is High-1B, how?
Marvel used Transfinite term in wrong ways it's not beyond infinity and Transfinite numbers are below Absolute Infinity, caps at Hyperversal.

Crossroads scan is easily debunkable though.
Agreed
Well, I wouldn't mind splitting it into Pre-Quesada and Post-Quesada cosmologies, with Reed Richards recreating the Marvel Multiverse as a split.
Is the split by Eras or Authors?

Actually No, I reread secret wars II and it was kinda talking about 2-A infinite dimensions.
Are you certain? The Beyonder was explicitly stated to be infinite-dimensional in anycase.
The crossroads scan is High-1B, how?
I do not remember well, but I do recall Kepekley23 talking about a nexus from Fantastic Four that helped to prove infinite dimensions.
Is the split by Eras or Authors?
By era. There was an absolutely enormous shift in both storytelling tone and cosmology after Quesada took over.

Are you certain? The Beyonder was explicitly stated to be infinite-dimensional in anycase.
Yeah the 2 times he mentioned infinite dimensions in secret wars II were about 2-A dimensions, dimensions and universes were used interchangeably and he wasn't talking about higher dimensions, nothing makes it sound he meant higher dimensions. I wasn't talking about the infinite-dimensional beyonder statement though he should be probably but that entire story was inconsistent on how a H-1B character should be especially as marvel characters then even entities were impressed by galaxy level destruction done by the beyonder. Plus, no proof of qualitative superiority and all that R-F difference shit was shown when he was in the multiverse with all his journeys and all that to understand human and life but I can see his beyond self in the realm of beyond to be H-1B but not his in-multiverse self nothing H-1B except statement of him being called infinite-dimensional. The only thing I can see which isn't useless as proof for qualitative superiority or higher infinite was when doom called galactus an ant compared to him. Besides why is he Low 1-A if he is infinite-dimensional, shouldn't he be H-1B?
If we were to say all the shit that happened in secret wars, people would say i am trying to lowball beyonder.

I do not remember well, but I do recall Kepekley23 talking about a nexus from Fantastic Four that helped to prove infinite dimensions.
Okay cause that particular scan alone dosen't prove High-1B alone.

By era. There was an absolutely enormous shift in both storytelling tone and cosmology after Quesada took over.
Okay, always thought it's by Author.

For Marvel it seems more appropriate with editorial direction instead, as it won't turn coherent enough to tier otherwise.

Anyway, The Beyond-Realm was explicitly stated to have infinite directions, and the Beyonder evaluated the Marvel multiverse to be infinite-dimensional in a Hulk issue taking place during Secret Wars II.

Yeah might be H-1B but still 2-A to me, simply saying multi-layered ain't enough without proof of qualitative superiority that these myriad of dimensions transend themselves especially the context showed some realms in the multiverse in question he might just be implying the 2-A type of dimensions than H-1B.
For Marvel it seems more appropriate with editorial direction instead, as it won't turn coherent enough to tier otherwise.

Anyway, The Beyond-Realm was explicitly stated to have infinite directions, and the Beyonder evaluated the Marvel multiverse to be infinite-dimensional in a Hulk issue taking place during Secret Wars II.
Makes sense.

I don't remember it stated to have infinite directions cause that would be okay,.

and the Beyonder evaluated the Marvel multiverse to be infinite-dimensional in a Hulk issue taking place during Secret Wars II.
In this context, dimensions means universes:
  • "A rather odd thing he had noticed abut our our universe -- It is many-layered -- composed of a seemingly endless number of dimensions. Indeed, it is a multiverse -- -- Beckoning him to explore." and then he goes to places that don't have each different dimensions to each other in the way we use them;
    • He evaluates the universe to be have "endless" "dimensions", not the multiverse. What this dimensions are are realities outside the universe, as proven because he goes to them & we know they're outside the universe, boom, that's evidence that he didn't mean the multiverse is infinite-dimensional.
  • Also again the Crossroad, the place where Hulk is and Beyonder ends up, is a place that leads to infinite universes. Which are called dimensions but are proven to be universes. This further shows how they don't use the word "dimension" in the way we care about.

Makes sense.

I don't remember it stated to have infinite directions cause that would be okay,.
I think that we link to it in our Pre-Retcon Beyonder's page, but I agree that it might just be High 1-B, yes. We have likely given Marvel Comics too high statistics.

Also the statement of infinite directions isn't on profile and I didn't see anything about it when I read secret wars, just the marvel universe is a drop of water in an ocean compared to the beyond Realm.

Please explain what you mean.
Here they were talking about the power of Celestials which is transfinite.
Inf.jpg

Transfinite is a term used to describe various sizes of infinity, countable, non-countable, etc., usually described by alephs. Infinity is a more general term about quantities that are not finite. It’s not above infinity.

main-qimg-1dc37fee9bdfc4ba94f746086401a24b-pjlq

main-qimg-71d5a55c0238f68e0722ab8d335ed98b-pjlq

Transfinite just means denoting a number corresponding to an infinite set in the way that a natural number denotes or counts members of a finite site.

Transfinite isn’t above infinity instead transfinite is beyond or surpassing the finite but below absolute infinity.
main-qimg-4bd001fe9adb781ada42d8d8f04fad26-lq

Same applies here.
main-qimg-3e540bc8b068a3ac4d3db01ef7b45309-lq

Literary from same issue, says Multiverse is just 3D which Dr.strange talked about.
main-qimg-a287ff6fe04eec8d439ee99b85cd7d43-lq

So, stops at Hyperversal. Are there any other scans remian there to debunk? Even if we split cosmologies, still Marvel didn't scale to High 1-B.

Well, higher dimensions just need to be qualitatively superior to qualify according to our system.
Then Marvel should downgrade to Multi+ if there is no proof for r>f transcendence in Marvel? right?
This is true but marvel does have a High-1B cosmology with higher one seeing lower one as fiction/dreams, I've forgotten the book but it was blatantly stated.
It only apply to unis within atoms which exist in a lower scale than man's universe.

Last edited:
I've read 2 books it is stated higher dimensions are realer than the lower dimensions and sees the lower dimensions as dreams, though it's been long but R-F difference exists in marvel, and it wasn't referring to the atoms contains universes, anyways I will look for the scans.

I've read 2 books it is stated higher dimensions are realer than the lower dimensions and sees the lower dimensions as dreams, though it's been long but R-F difference exists in marvel, and it wasn't referring to the atoms contains universes, anyways I will look for the scans.
it's about microverse.

Watcher wasn't talking about higher layers, he is explaining about how the possibilities create alt realities and each reality gives birth to another alt inf worlds and so on.
There are more than one higher plane, the planes are higher than the lower ones, as the Watchers talk about the existence of planes of existence even higher than theirs, such as those of the Celestials.

there is just so much high 1-b marvel stuff that hasn't been covered it
Which one? Reed Richard Crossroad scan? Infinite D Gulf in Tales of Asgard? Inf lvls of existence from Incredible Herc series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back