• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics Cosmology Update (/Upgrade?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty simple and straight forward update, in the recent marvel's X-cellent issue, Zeitgeist, acquired godhood and sent his mind across the dimensions, starting from 5 (as 4 is the dimensionality of the normal universe)

He goes to 5,6, then 8 and finally 9 and 10
  • 5th and 6th are superior temporal zones
  • 8th has conditions that branch off into "infinity", so a superior spatial zone
  • 9th and 10th are zones of "anything is possible and imaginable"

The Dark Dimension is found here
The Mirror Dimension is found here as well.

After this, he went further

So, the update is as this:

1) Marvel cardinal dimensions officially go up to at least 10D and then we have realms beyond that (the super flow, neutral zone and so on and so on)

2) The Dark dimension is either 9D or 10D (he didn't specify which, so on the safe side, I'd assign it as "9D, possibly 10D" to it and anyone who affects it's entirety

3) I don't think Mirror Dimension has been introduced in the comics, I tried to search for it and only found the MCU movie version, if it has then it can be updated, same as dark dimension, if it hasn't then it should he added to the marvel cosmology realms

Who does this scale to?

1) Multi eternity, seeing as he embodies all this and more, and anyone who scales to him in dimensionality
2)Justification for anyone who affected the dark dimension would be at least 9D, possibly 10D (1c, possibly High 1C)
3) any higher realm that scales above this, assuming it was tiered as less than 1C, would now scale from 10D,
4) probably something else I haven't thought of

Edit: for some reason the link embed isn't working so...here where it was done

https:// read comics online. ru/uploads/manga/the-xcellent-2023/chapters/5/05.jpg

https:// read comics online. ru/uploads/manga/the-xcellent-2023/chapters/5/06.jpg

The site doesn't allow me paste from that site apparently

It's from X-cellent issue 5, pages 5 and 6, you can check it out yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad time to be making any Marvel upgrade thread, Ultima's Abstracts thread ties big-time into the cosmology, he has bigger plans.
It's not an upgrade on the cosmology, marvel already scales higher, just pointing out that the universes go up to at least 10D before entering the higher realms , and the dark dimension is now either 9 or 10D

This really isn't new - Sorcerer Supreme already mentioned that depending on the universe, there are only 3 spatial dimensions, or there are even infinite ones in other universes. This would update the number of temporal dimensions. It was also mentioned that the dark dimension has more spatial dimensions than the normal universe. In other strange tales comics it was mentioned that the kingdom of the nightmare exceeds the imagination of Freud, Dalí and Kandinsky, which; they made paintings of higher dimensions.
We should wait for Ultima's thoughts on all of this before we do anything.

The way those dimensions are described there seem to much like pseudoscience-like description of "a world in X-dimension" seen out there giving meaning to dimensions that really aren't inherently like that.

It's pretty much from stuff like this, which ended up in science websites, but if you look deep into the sources, will find out that description is from something completely unrelated to physics and is more about the interpretation of that own author, which started this whole interpretationof specific types of possibilities tied to number of dimensions. I guess the author at marvel didn't know about that and ended up using it. Although considering it's extended to the mystical realms just fits nicely with that.

I'm skeptical on this as others mentioned, and as KLOL said, this seems like a bad time for a thread like this to be made.

It's not an upgrade on the cosmology, marvel already scales higher, just pointing out that the universes go up to at least 10D before entering the higher realms , and the dark dimension is now either 9 or 10D
Ultima has bigger plans for Marvel as a whole beyond the Abstracts stuff. Don't rush it.

Ultima has bigger plans for Marvel as a whole beyond the Abstracts stuff. Don't rush it.
I am not sure what I am rushing tbh

This is simply specifying that marvel undoubtedly goes up to at least 10 dimensions, it also specifies that the dark dimension is either in the 9th or 10th Dimension and adds the mirror dimension, also specifying that the mystical realms strange goes into, are also in the 9th and 10th Dimensions

This doesn't affect the general cosmology, doesn't remotely affect Ultimas thread, it simply adds accuracy to the verse based on recent information

But if this goes in the way of "big plans"

Fine then, this thread can be closed

It's a pretty simple and straight forward update, in the recent marvel's X-cellent issue, Zeitgeist, acquired godhood and sent his mind across the dimensions, starting from 5 (as 4 is the dimensionality of the normal universe)

He goes to 5,6, then 8 and finally 9 and 10
  • 5th and 6th are superior temporal zones
  • 8th has conditions that branch off into "infinity", so a superior spatial zone
  • 9th and 10th are zones of "anything is possible and imaginable"

The Dark Dimension is found here
The Mirror Dimension is found here as well.

After this, he went further

So, the update is as this:

1) Marvel cardinal dimensions officially go up to at least 10D and then we have realms beyond that (the super flow, neutral zone and so on and so on)

2) The Dark dimension is either 9D or 10D (he didn't specify which, so on the safe side, I'd assign it as "9D, possibly 10D" to it and anyone who affects it's entirety

3) I don't think Mirror Dimension has been introduced in the comics, I tried to search for it and only found the MCU movie version, if it has then it can be updated, same as dark dimension, if it hasn't then it should he added to the marvel cosmology realms

Who does this scale to?

1) Multi eternity, seeing as he embodies all this and more, and anyone who scales to him in dimensionality
2)Justification for anyone who affected the dark dimension would be at least 9D, possibly 10D (1c, possibly High 1C)
3) any higher realm that scales above this, assuming it was tiered as less than 1C, would now scale from 10D,
4) probably something else I haven't thought of

Edit: for some reason the link embed isn't working so...here where it was done

https:// read comics online. ru/uploads/manga/the-xcellent-2023/chapters/5/05.jpg

https:// read comics online. ru/uploads/manga/the-xcellent-2023/chapters/5/06.jpg

The site doesn't allow me paste from that site apparently

It's from X-cellent issue 5, pages 5 and 6, you can check it out yourself
This seems like a really weird rendition of the cosmology. It seems to interpret the usual timelines (The numbered Earths) as encompassing solely the regular universes, and then positions the mystic planes as being above them (Whereas they're consistently regarded as being just sub-realms contained in Earth-616)

It's a little neat overall, and would be something that the current treatment of the cosmology (Something malleable and subject to TOAA's author whims) canonizes and allows to co-exist with other portrayals, but I don't think we ought to take it as reflective of the regular setting.

This seems like a really weird rendition of the cosmology. It seems to interpret the usual timelines (The numbered Earths) as encompassing solely the regular universes, and then positions the mystic planes as being above them (Whereas they're consistently regarded as being just sub-realms contained in Earth-616)

It's a little neat overall, and would be something that our current treatment of the cosmology (Something malleable and subject to TOAA's author whims) canonizes and allows to co-exist with other portrayals, but I don't think we ought to take it as reflective of the regular setting.
Perhaps, but this came out very recently, like a few weeks ago. Could just be a retcon of the mythical universes

Also he specified 2 realms there, the dark dimension and mirror dimension, we know the dark dimension has more Dimensions than the regular universes, mirror dimension is new. I assume those 2 at least would slot in and others not specified to have superior dimensions would stay where they were

Perhaps, but this came out very recently, like a few weeks ago. Could just be a retcon of the mythical universes
Maybe so. In any case, I'd rather wait and see if it develops further. If it doesn't, I'm inclined to treat it as just one particularly oddball one-off cosmology in the House of Ideas. Not really something to include in any profile.

Last edited:
When is your abstracts CRT gonna conclude?
Well, part 2 is more or less done (though some certain people are doing their damnedest to delay its concluding), part 2.5 will cover not just scaling but also P&A, and Part 3 will discuss the cosmology connection of the Gods (Zeus, Odin, etc.) and other certain mystical beings like Nightmare.

DT is being idle, so until either he responds or a week has passed since part 2 should've concluded (aka a few days from now), part 2 can't conclude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back